Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1750776 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #15420 on: March 21, 2015, 10:17:32 pm »

*ominously encroaches at Owlbread*

lol, just being silly. :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:00:58 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: March 22, 2015, 12:44:57 am »

Encroaching is such a great word for a propogandist.  Few words can be used to describe both peaceful coexistance and outright belligerence.  Let's you accuse someone of something then preemptively walk back your words.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: March 22, 2015, 04:09:58 am »

Well, he didn't talk about 'worsening' relationships, but of 'less peaceful' relationships - and if you say something like that and in the same breath remind everyone how effective your nukes are, you kinda sound like you want to start a war in the near future. Closing two eyes I could look at this simply as a lack of understatement, but I don't think Russian diplomats are quite that bad at their job...
"Worsening" and "Less peaceful" are kind of synonymous words in Russian language. As are "Bettering" (does this word even exist?) and "More peaceful". Russians judge the quality of relationships by how far from "war with Russia" they are.
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: March 22, 2015, 04:32:57 am »

You guys just can't stop talking about Russia, don't you?
Seriously, you have internet, which allows you to soothe the tenses your governments force on you by speaking directly to people half over the globe to see they are no less and no more human than you are, and all you do is ensue the conflict? From both sides? Why do you do that?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: March 22, 2015, 04:47:06 am »

Because Russia just threatened to glass my little brother, and that makes me angry.
Love, scriver~

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: March 22, 2015, 04:49:47 am »

Because Russia just threatened to glass my little brother, and that makes me angry.

Whaaa...
Nevermind, I'm outta here.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: March 22, 2015, 04:57:58 am »

Out of curiosity, when was the last time a Western ambassador or head of state wrote an op-ed saying "We have nukes, and they can get you" in a Russian newspaper?

Dunno.. Cuba crisis maybe? I think not even back then.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: March 22, 2015, 05:06:12 am »

To quote you:
It's your standard nationalist bullshit.
"Russia" didn't do anything and I think that in this case it is very important to make that distinction, which is just what Comrade P. was pointing out.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: March 22, 2015, 05:17:18 am »

Well, I'm fairly certain the Russian ambassador count as representative of Russia?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: March 22, 2015, 05:19:38 am »

That's what you get for allowing your little brother into a serious military alliance. Or did you thought that Denmark joining NATO would come with only positives and no negatives?
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: March 22, 2015, 05:28:15 am »

You're acting as if it was right and proper to threaten people with nuclear weapons just because they're in an alliance...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: March 22, 2015, 05:33:40 am »

You're acting as if it was right and proper to threaten people with nuclear weapons just because they're in an alliance...
Well, no shit? They're a part of NATO, and they support the other parts of NATO by supplying ships for anti-missile purposes (anti-ballistic missiles, if I'm not mistaken, which makes it even worse). I'm 100% sure that makes them a valid target in case of NATO-Russia war.
._.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: March 22, 2015, 05:42:32 am »

Well, I'm fairly certain the Russian ambassador count as representative of Russia?
He is a representative of the Russian government, not a representative of Russia. Calling it "Russia" gives an impression of unity that is the starting point for destructive nationalism.

Well, no shit? They're a part of NATO, and they support the other parts of NATO by supplying ships for anti-missile purposes (anti-ballistic missiles, if I'm not mistaken, which makes it even worse). I'm 100% sure that makes them a valid target in case of NATO-Russia war.
Nothing is a valid target for nuclear missiles. Using them is pure madness, no matter for what reason you use them.
Taste my Paci-Fist

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: March 22, 2015, 05:46:46 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: March 22, 2015, 05:49:23 am »

He is a representative of the Russian government, not a representative of Russia. Calling it "Russia" gives an impression of unity that is the starting point for destructive nationalism.

Nothing is a valid target for nuclear missiles. Using them is pure madness, no matter for what reason you use them.
The threat of their usage is the only thing that saved my country from being nuclear-bombed into oblivion by USA w/ its allies in the name of destroying communism in 50s-60s.

It's still valid in this role today, as it's still the only thing preventing my country from being the next target for "no-fly zone" NATO operation. So their usage (or threat of usage) is not pure madness, but in fact is the most rational course of actions to keep peace!
._.
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1393