Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749451 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #15000 on: March 01, 2015, 11:12:03 am »

3 million for information about Nemtzov's killer.

What would you think if there are no suspects and no apparent urgency to an investigation whatsoever?
I would think nothing because it wouldn't happen.

See?
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: March 01, 2015, 11:58:19 am »

See?

Wow, $48,000 that's nearly a third of what OJ Simpson offered to find the real killer!

Whelp, that settles it.  An amazing show of interest.  They really left no stone unturned.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: March 01, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

See?

Wow, $48,000 that's nearly a third of what OJ Simpson offered to find the real killer!

Whelp, that settles it.  An amazing show of interest.  They really left no stone unturned.
You've said "no apparent urgency to an investigation whatsoever", and offering money for any valuable information is "apparent urgency".

Don't shift goal-posts, m8.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: March 01, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

You've said "no apparent urgency to an investigation whatsoever", and offering money for any valuable information is "apparent urgency".

You are hilarious.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: March 01, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »

Reminds me of the time when James Randi generously offered a million bucks to anyone who could show him a real magic trick. 

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: March 01, 2015, 12:36:45 pm »

I could offer 5 bucks to find the dude, does that mean I have an apparent urgency? It's not the mere existence of money, it's the number, and 3M is one of those numbers that *sounds* like a lot but really isn't.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: March 01, 2015, 12:38:37 pm »

There's also the part where you never have to pay if you know they will never be found.

Hey guys, I will pay you 3 trillion US dollars if you produce the living person of the assassin of Julius Caesar.  Because I care.  A lot.

Now go and talk about how much I care because I have provided such excellent proof.  Tell your friends.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: March 01, 2015, 12:44:14 pm »

I could offer 5 bucks to find the dude, does that mean I have an apparent urgency? It's not the mere existence of money, it's the number, and 3M is one of those numbers that *sounds* like a lot but really isn't.
It actually is a lot of money for something that's simply "information".

It probably doesn't seem to be a lot of money to you, but it is a lot of money for Russia. I can't remember a money reward higher than that for simple "valuable information" in any other investigation case in Russia that I remember of, they're usually 1 or more orders of magnitude smaller than that.

There's also the part where you never have to pay if you know they will never be found.
That's only your assumption.

Incidentally, speaking of hypotheticals, what you would think if the killer of Nemtzov will be found?
._.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: March 01, 2015, 12:47:50 pm »

I could offer five quadrillion buckets of honey for a genuine unicorn, knowing full well that people would only bring me horses with pointy things glued to their heads. We know that they will drag some poor framed bastard to court for the murder, while the mobster who pulled the trigger is hiding out in Transnistria.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: March 01, 2015, 01:06:56 pm »

Ooh, I was kinda nostalgic for the old Russia threads the other day. Never expected to see the most flame-inducing discussion topic in the whole of Eastern Hemisphere back again so soon in this very thread.

Now, here's something to make this post meaningful in some way:
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: March 01, 2015, 01:13:03 pm »

The British Government demands the Russians find out who killed Nemtsov. Or something.

I hope they find who did it too, not that they're going to. That said, any chance the UK government could maybe find out who killed Dr. David Kelly, or perhaps even Willie MacRae? I mean, I know the Russian government is corrupt and it always has been (Russia is a mafia-state after all), but we actually have more evidence of the British government in the '80s being corrupt than we do Russia. We're still dealing with the '70s/'80s fallout now, given that everything is starting to come to light - we've got mounting evidence of some kind of incredibly powerful pedophile ring for instance, containing celebrities and prominent politicians including several government ministers and former secret service chiefs that operated in secret for years...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:33:10 pm by Owlbread »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: March 01, 2015, 01:16:30 pm »

In the aftermath of the battle, somebody stole wheels and doors off a local taxi truck, and in another incident an APC was illegally parked on the pavement.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: March 01, 2015, 01:20:58 pm »

Uhm, guys, this is kind of ridiculous.
I mean, I'm not really sure whether Putin is interested in finding the killer or not. But somehow twisting the promise of 3*10⁶ rubles around into a story about how the police is searching for unicorns (when the killer actually exists, you know) is… uhm… how do I put this? Well, no sugarcoating it: You're acting like complete assholes.
Taste my Paci-Fist

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: March 01, 2015, 01:23:39 pm »

Uhm, guys, this is kind of ridiculous.
I mean, I'm not really sure whether Putin is interested in finding the killer or not. But somehow twisting the promise of 3*10⁶ rubles around into a story about how the police is searching for unicorns (when the killer actually exists, you know) is… uhm… how do I put this? Well, no sugarcoating it: You're acting like complete assholes.
Point taken. Maybe it's time to stop the Russia-derail? Who wants to discuss the Estonian elections?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15014 on: March 01, 2015, 01:57:34 pm »

Yes god forbid you waste five seconds second in introspection.
I'm a mindless Putin slave, what do you want from me, some sudden realization that will turn me to the True Path Of Democracy™?
We have cookies, citizen. Join us!

But yeah, in regards to Putin not being an idiot and having plenty of ways to kill his opposition - true. But a quiet death of a big figure raises greater alarm and pretty much guarantees only someone with extensive resources did it. Such as Putin.
Gunned down in public? Yeah, could have been anyone. Also sends a very clear message if it was him. Dissidence equals lead.
Remember, this is the man behind Putin's polonium poisoning bonanza. He knows full and well the value of public executions when it comes to silencing dissidents.
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1393