Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757671 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #12315 on: October 26, 2014, 01:21:50 pm »

Exit polls says that there are will be no communists in the next Ukrainian parliament. Hallelujah. I lived to see that day. First parliament without them

Overall results for the half of parliament are surprisingly pleasant. Too much Pro-EU liberals for my tastes but still good.

I am afraid that majoritarian half will be not so good.... (we have half parliament elected by proportional system, and half from majoritarian)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: October 26, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

Does the proportional half reflect all the votes cast or does the proportional half get a separate set of votes for the proportional seats?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: October 26, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »

The Opposition block (ex-Region Party - the one where Yanukovich was) will be in the next Ukrainian parlament.

These is much butthurt in Ukrainian social networks about this fact.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: October 26, 2014, 02:16:07 pm »

mainiac
We get two ballots

One has a list of local candidates. Unique for each of  225 districts. One who got most votes goes to parliament
Another ballot is same for the whole country and has list of parties.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: October 26, 2014, 02:45:20 pm »

That's so stupid.  The whole point of proportional representation is that the parties in parliament reflect the popular support regardless of how the regions vote.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: October 26, 2014, 02:47:47 pm »

I agree. Our voting system sucks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: October 26, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »

Eh, I dunno. Having a *person* you want representing your area as well as being able to express what *ideology* you want represented seems like it could work.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

WarRoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: October 26, 2014, 03:33:45 pm »

That's so stupid.  The whole point of proportional representation is that the parties in parliament reflect the popular support regardless of how the regions vote.

But it's not a proportional but rather a mixed representation. I think the Germans use it too, and every post-soviet country copied it from them :P

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: October 26, 2014, 03:56:27 pm »

BTW.

Dear Putin. Thank you for temporary denying most pro-Russian regions right to vote.  27 empty seats and less % in proportional part will help Ukraine to get away from Russia

Now, can you give our land back?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58:05 pm »

Eh, I dunno. Having a *person* you want representing your area as well as being able to express what *ideology* you want represented seems like it could work.

I agree.  Ukraines system doesn't do that.  To do that you have people cast their votes for the candidate they want then have the proportional part award seats to the underrepresented parties, not all parties.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: October 26, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »

BTW.

Dear Putin. Thank you for temporary denying most pro-Russian regions right to vote.  27 empty seats and less % in proportional part will help Ukraine to get away from Russia

The highest party has merely 23% of the votes, and the second one has 21%. That certainly doesn't look like the supposed "unity of Ukraine people". That's the lowest percentage I've ever seen on a winning party in any elections.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: October 26, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »

BTW.

The highest party has merely 23% of the votes, and the second one has 21%. That certainly doesn't look like the supposed "unity of Ukraine people". That's the lowest percentage I've ever seen on a winning party in any elections.

Lol, 23% for the single largest party may be low in Russia perhaps. And the Best Korea. Where I live, according to latest polls the largest party(by support) has 23,6%. However it is very typical for an alliance of parties, if there is one, to get 40 to even 60%. Its the same in a lot of European countries and as far as I know, in all of the Nordics.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: October 26, 2014, 04:33:19 pm »

What is the % of people that went to vote? Is it over 50%?
Make love not war

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: October 26, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »

What is the % of people that went to vote? Is it over 50%?
Less than 50% AFAIK. 52.52% according to twitter.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: October 26, 2014, 05:19:29 pm »

Does that include the people in the DNR and LNR?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1393