Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1757003 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #11925 on: October 12, 2014, 05:41:00 pm »

Probably best not to describe a sizable number of the population as believing in virus-news. Age shouldn't really come into it, as Scotland proved with its lowering of the voting age.

But they do, I'm sorry to say. When you look at the target audience of the Daily Express with their headlines about Romanian/Bulgarian EU migrants pouring through the border, some shite about the Royal Family and how this winter is going to be the worst winter to hit us for decades, their target audience is the elderly. Hopefully when our current adult population are older then they will be more progressive than the last grouping. That's what tends to happen, I suppose. When we compare our current elderly to the elderly of 1960 there is a difference.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:31:54 pm by Owlbread »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11926 on: October 12, 2014, 06:11:48 pm »

About th english press the independant titled "frenchs says au revoir to France". Pointing that there were now 2 millions and counting French citizens living abroad, and engaging in their traditional french economy bashing. There is more than 13 millions English citizens living aborad at the moment.....
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: October 12, 2014, 06:36:59 pm »

About th english press the independant titled "frenchs says au revoir to France". Pointing that there were now 2 millions and counting French citizens living abroad, and engaging in their traditional french economy bashing. There is more than 13 millions English citizens living aborad at the moment.....

The French bashing that is endemic in Britain and forced down the throats of my countrymen through the media has always infuriated me. It's so bloody baseless. Don't get me wrong, I want to carve up France into countless independent states like any other country (death to the Jacobins) but whenever the Brits bang on about how unusually arrogant the French are I always think back to the importance of irony in the modern world; those who have no sense of irony or the ability to see themselves properly/realistically in the context of the world around them are impeding our progress as a species.

I should also note that the knuckle dragging imbeciles braying about how the French are all 100 feet tall, smell of urine, are arrogant and speak French all the time (imagine, the nerve of Johnny Foreigner), are the same imbeciles that go berserk when they read stuff in the paper about how Anti-English the Scots are, or slate Andy Murray for saying things like "anyone but England" when asked who he's supporting in the world cup, or they say he should have his trophies taken off him for publicly saying he was voting Yes in the referendum.

Some day the Auld Alliance will be rekindled. I hope I'm there to see it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:43:56 pm by Owlbread »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: October 12, 2014, 07:13:12 pm »

Hey Owlie
I'm all for giving proper context for national cliches and prejudices
But
Fuck the French

Do not buttfuck the French though, they'd probably enjoy it more than you.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11929 on: October 12, 2014, 07:15:04 pm »

Meh, come on, the English bashing the French and the French bashing the English is a pastime for you guys.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: October 12, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »

Meh, come on, the English bashing the French and the French bashing the English is a pastime for you guys.

I know, that's why I hate it. Come to think of it I hate all our pastimes...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: October 12, 2014, 07:32:12 pm »

helgo did you seriously make a gay joke just there
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: October 13, 2014, 04:58:38 am »

Daily Mail is not an acceptable source of information :P

Also their mobile layout splashes a site navigation menu over half the article, so I can't even read it. Another reason they suck.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: October 13, 2014, 06:14:31 am »

Nope, French joke. Calling the French gay is basically a regional pasttime where I live - we have whole traditions built around it!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: October 13, 2014, 11:07:12 am »

What you mean that i'm not going to get cancer?
Really just spend 5 mintues on there web site and read abourt the
Backpacker with a three-inch leech up her nose and the
Mystery clowns that are terrorizing California.
Thats just todays storys.

Still at lest it a bit better that the star with is black eyed ghost children.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11936 on: October 13, 2014, 11:26:55 am »

Nope, French joke. Calling the French gay is basically a regional pasttime where I live - we have whole traditions built around it!

So in other words it's a gay joke.

What you mean that i'm not going to get cancer?
Really just spend 5 mintues on there web site and read abourt the
Backpacker with a three-inch leech up her nose and the
Mystery clowns that are terrorizing California.
Thats just todays storys.

Still at lest it a bit better that the star with is black eyed ghost children.

Now think of all the add revenue you've granted them by going through their articles!

Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: October 13, 2014, 11:27:29 am »

>implying people don't use adblock

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: October 13, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

The French bashing that is endemic in Britain and forced down the throats of my countrymen through the media has always infuriated me. It's so bloody baseless. Don't get me wrong, I want to carve up France into countless independent states like any other country (death to the Jacobins) but whenever the Brits bang on about how unusually arrogant the French are I always think back to the importance of irony in the modern world; those who have no sense of irony or the ability to see themselves properly/realistically in the context of the world around them are impeding our progress as a species.

I should also note that the knuckle dragging imbeciles braying about how the French are all 100 feet tall, smell of urine, are arrogant and speak French all the time (imagine, the nerve of Johnny Foreigner), are the same imbeciles that go berserk when they read stuff in the paper about how Anti-English the Scots are, or slate Andy Murray for saying things like "anyone but England" when asked who he's supporting in the world cup, or they say he should have his trophies taken off him for publicly saying he was voting Yes in the referendum.

Some day the Auld Alliance will be rekindled. I hope I'm there to see it.
tbh, those stereotypes do apply, but only to parisians :P
(seriously though, Parisians have a rather bad reputation in the rest of France for being incredibly arrogant)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11939 on: October 13, 2014, 03:46:53 pm »

Go to London, it's one of the largest French cities in the world. It's also the only place in the world where I've been insulted by the French for saying the French aren't bad.
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 1393