Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1742577 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread: Dick Show Edition!
« Reply #11040 on: September 16, 2014, 05:36:14 am »

Well, since having sex with anybody under 16 years of age is already illegal and punishable by 5 years (I think, but surely much more than 2), you can provide your underage lover condoms and don't worry about consequences, as those are two parts of one act and you can only be tried for the offence tied with bigger penalty, in this situation, having sex with minor.

Er, dude, you know teens can have sex with eachother before 16, right? Like, it's physiologically possible. Do you try 15 year-olds as pedophiles?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: September 16, 2014, 05:41:01 am »

Well, since having sex with anybody under 16 years of age is already illegal and punishable by 5 years (I think, but surely much more than 2), you can provide your underage lover condoms and don't worry about consequences, as those are two parts of one act and you can only be tried for the offence tied with bigger penalty, in this situation, having sex with minor.

Er, dude, you know teens can have sex with eachother before 16, right? Like, it's physiologically possible. Do you try 15 year-olds as pedophiles?

Hah, waited for that question. No, we don't, but we could. I mean, they actually do commit a crime when having sex with each other, we just usually don't pursue the case. Interestingly, they are even able to be held resposible as adults at court's discretion over the age 13, I think, so it is certainly possible. That being said, I see no way court would be willing to pursue the case where 15 year old kids buy condoms and go on with the stuff, just because they bought condoms. This has nothing to do with my reasoning, actually; if you bring a condom into sex encounter where at least one person is underage, you are committing two crimes, one more serious (sex with underage person) and one less (supplying with items), so you are only held responsible for the more serious one. Whether or not you are underage at the time makes no difference at all.

What Grizzly said.

Ignoring pre-adulthood sex is just illogical. It happens. Doesn't matter if you live in Poland, Nigeria, Canada or what. All banning contraceptives for teens would do is increase the rate of teenage pregnancies.

Yeah, because giving them away worked so well in so many places. Like UK. Or USA. Or Sweden. And it also stopped AIDS epidemics in Africa!
Only wait, it didn't.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:45:23 am by BlindKitty »
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: September 16, 2014, 05:44:37 am »

You can try a kid as a paedophile.

Wat.

That's like accusing a black person of being racist against black people.

Actually... why would that be impossible? Black person being racist, I mean? If you can be human and a misanthrope...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: September 16, 2014, 05:47:03 am »

Wat.

Well, I also don't see why either would be impossible. Being pedophile is not tied to being old enough, just as being racist is not tied to being of any given color. I could even argue that suggesting that black people can not be racists towards other black people is racist. :P

I might just add, that the definition of a crime in question in Polish law is simply having a sexual encounter with person under 16 years of age. There is no world about age of the person in question; and if it would be, please, tell me, how old can be a boy having sex with 15 year old girl to not qualify as a pedophile? And why this age and not different one?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:49:10 am by BlindKitty »

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: September 16, 2014, 05:48:00 am »

Wat.

Actually... why would that be impossible? Black person being racist, I mean? If you can be human and a misanthrope...
Micheal Jackson was a black person who hated being black. I guess he was a racist.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: September 16, 2014, 05:51:32 am »

Jewish anti-semites are definitely a thing. And Germany practically has self-dislike as one of its many weird and contradictory hats.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #11046 on: September 16, 2014, 05:57:29 am »

Actually the US has hit !An all-time low! at 26/1000 people, where it used to be 60 in 1991 & 50 in 2000. One o them sourc-y things
I'm inclined to say the culture at large has a very, very significant effect on those numbers around the world, but sex ed & contraception do help.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: September 16, 2014, 05:58:27 am »

In Belgian law, it is illegal to have a sexual encounter with someone below 15 if the age difference is more than 3 years, with the older person being held responsible.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #11048 on: September 16, 2014, 06:02:10 am »

In Belgian law, it is illegal to have a sexual encounter with someone below 15 if the age difference is more than 3 years, with the older person being held responsible.
This is reasonable.

In the Polish system, two 15-year-olds is the worst pairing. At least if a 15-year-old were to go down to 13-year-olds, or up to 16-year-olds, only one person would be liable for pedophilia.
Poland's law makers seem to hate 14-15 yo on 14-15 yo action.

This conversation is tawdry.
Badges of honor

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: September 16, 2014, 06:02:51 am »

Yeah, because giving them away worked so well in so many places. Like UK. Or USA. Or Sweden. And it also stopped AIDS epidemics in Africa!
Only wait, it didn't.
I've just done a quick googling on US and Sweden(Grizzly ninja'd me apparently), and can't see what you're talking about. Sweden's got one of the lowest teenage pregnancy rates in the world, and in the US they've been steadily declining, with an upward bump in the 1990s. Are you saying there was a country-wide condom giveaway bonanza in 1990, or what?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #11050 on: September 16, 2014, 06:05:15 am »

country-wide condom giveaway bonanza in 1990, or what?
BEST. YEAR. EVER.
Badges of honor

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: September 16, 2014, 06:21:31 am »

Well, I might have been mistaken about the Sweden and/or US, but quick Googling suggests to me that we might be talking about two different things, them being amount of teen _pregnancies_ and amount of teens _giving birth_. I don't really have time now to re-check the numbers, so I'm going to assume that I'm in the wrong, and point out that Poland also is among the countries with lowest rates of teen pregnancy. Surprisingly, as we are concentrated on sex ed type B, we don't give away condoms are we are, like, 90% Catholic. Also, abortion is pretty much illegal here. Which makes two points (second being UK with completely different type of sex ed having the rates much higher than Poland) to show that not everything is as clear cut as some people would like to believe, along the lines 'earlier you tell kids about sex, the better for them'.

So, in Belgium it is perfectly legal to have 12 yo - 9 yo sex? Can't say I see more point in that, actually. Also, I see little difference in 14 yo - 17 yo pairing and 14 yo - 18 yo pairing, which seems to be different, but it is the problems with all the cut-outs of that nature, so yeah. But it might be more sensible than Polish law at this point. Really, we have so many fucked up laws that this one shines like an exemplar of logic on their background.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: September 16, 2014, 06:28:36 am »

Well, as far as I know, yeah.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: September 16, 2014, 09:40:52 am »

IIRC Germany has a similar system too. BlindKitty, would it make more sense to you if the allowed age difference was reduced to two years? 14yo - 16yo, 15yo - 17yo are much less creepy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:09 am »

In the Netherlands the age of consent is  just 16, no age gaps shenanigans.

Unless you're married, in which case the age of consent is apparently 12.
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1393