Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1751447 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #10065 on: September 01, 2014, 09:25:52 am »

I think there was a Dutch paedophile party.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: September 01, 2014, 09:44:22 am »

I hope it were not legal.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:25 am »

I hope they were not legal.
What do you mean? It's not like you can make it illegal for people to want to change the law.
Well I mean you can, but it's frowned upon in a democratic system.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: September 01, 2014, 09:48:42 am »

I hope it were not legal.

Actually, the "Party for Neighbourly Love, Freedom, and Diversity" ceased to exist because they didn't manage to gather enough signatures.

They needed a grand total of 30 :P (per electoral region where they want to be eligible).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:36 am »

If we are going to talk about silly political parties, there's STILL a prohibition party in the US, even long after prohibition spectactularily failed. Not as silly as a Polish Beer party, but still pretty silly when taken into context of the prohibition period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_Party

I know it's an European politics topic, but hey, silly political parties are an universial thing.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: September 01, 2014, 10:34:00 am »

That reminds me how Russian army captured Grozny in two hours...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: September 01, 2014, 10:46:36 am »

According to Russia's RT and RIA Novosti, representatives of People's Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk present at the EU-Russia negotiations in Minsk have stated that DNR and LNR are ready to stay in Ukraine, provided that they will become autonomous states within the country.

If their proposal gets accepted by EU and Russia, Ukraine will probably become a confederation like Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, the Ukrainian government and Ukrainian nationalists won't like it.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: September 01, 2014, 10:51:07 am »

* LordSlowpoke shrugs

munich'd

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: September 01, 2014, 10:53:55 am »

According to Russia's RT and RIA Novosti, representatives of People's Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk present at the EU-Russia negotiations in Minsk have stated that DNR and LNR are ready to stay in Ukraine, provided that they will become autonomous states within the country.

If their proposal gets accepted by EU and Russia, Ukraine will probably become a confederation like Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, the Ukrainian government and Ukrainian nationalists won't like it.

I seriously wonder if half civilized country really win by keeping their rotting parts. In the case of Turkey for instance, I think that the easiest thing would be to separate the east, the west and Kurdistan. The west could join Europe, the east would stay an Islamist shithole until it get better and Kurds would get their Kurd states.

I wonder if it work for Ukraine.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:44 am »

Yeah, they want to become de-facto independent, get our money for recovering infrastructure that bastards destroyed, act as Putin's agent in our politican system, and keep practicing ethnic cleansing in a lawless area

Ukrainians will not accept that kind of capitulation. Government may try but Ukrainians will not go that route

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: September 01, 2014, 10:59:23 am »

Yeah, they want to become de-facto independent, get our money for recovering infrastructure that bastards destroyed, act as Putin's agent in our politican system, and keep practicing ethnic cleansing in a lawless area

Ukrainians will not accept that kind of capitulation. Government may try but Ukrainians will not go that route
I wonder if Bosnian nationalists thought the same before the Dayton Agreement was signed.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: September 01, 2014, 11:06:14 am »

Wel, the think is they don't really have the legitimacy to negociate that kind of deal. Giving them anything more than a referendum would be a very bad precedent.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: September 01, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »

A sensible solution would be UN troops and a fair and transparent referendum.

As that would prevent Putin from getting what he wants, it won't happen.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1393