Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1749410 times)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8790 on: August 07, 2014, 04:01:41 am »

Back to Russian sanctions on Russia....
I have found that they import something like 40% of food consumed at domestic market. Some of that comes not from EU\North America\Japan\Australia still that looks like a large chunk of the market.

Are those numbers speak about agriculture in general, or about food in general? because if we take the potato industry, russia may manufacture a lot of its consumed potatoes, it still needs to import seed potatoes mostly from europe. while i admit its been a while since i was involved in the agriculture world and russia might had a sort of remarkable leap of science there, from what little i knew, russia was considered pretty "retarded" in terms of technology and its success of producing good seeds. it will need to rely on American/European/Israeli tech and seeds if it wish to actually become self sustainable in agriculture because this is probably true to other crops that russia appear to be a major producer of, but is a really small if non existent player in its seed production or its agri-tech advancements.

Main point, don't take raw data as an indication because that can be extremely generalized / misleading and that might downplay the actual russian reliance on agriculture imports in the medium-long term.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: August 07, 2014, 04:13:58 am »

Fresh news:

Russia banned beef, pork, bird meat, diary products from EU\USA\Canada\Australia, looks like everything else is safe, for now.

Not that severe and looks like hardline protectionism, not actual sanctions\irrational behavior

Edit: Fish, fruits and nut are included too
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:23:35 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: August 07, 2014, 07:36:23 am »

I want to see German speaking spontaneously appeared self defense units armed with Leopards 2. Everything else is half-measures :)

Or they could throw them a curveball and deploy the historical recreationists.  The norse shall spring up again on the baltic coast!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: August 07, 2014, 08:04:02 am »

Hmm, well Australia exported $400 million dollars of Agricultural products to russia last year so...
Food prices are going down now?
Thanks putin!
Edit: Altogether we exported 736 million dollars worth, and bought over 1 billion dollars worth, so I suppose if russia doesn't need the food or money that's fine... We mostly bought Petroleum, fertilizer and heavy vehicles..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:08:00 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: August 07, 2014, 08:05:14 am »

Interesting, alcohol isn't.

So we know where there priorities are.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: August 07, 2014, 08:08:13 am »

(Russian language link) Meanwhile in Kiev, Ukrainian security forces and local utility workers are struggling to remove the Maidan revolutionaries from Maidan itself. Maidan revolutionaries, who ceased being useful to Ukraine's Western benefactors back in late May, are building barricades once again.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: August 07, 2014, 08:20:18 am »

Maidan revolutionaries are on the front now. The ones who stay in Kiev... Some strange unknown guys
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: August 07, 2014, 09:09:52 am »

I haven't been following them anyway, what are they protesting for now actually?

Fake-edit : It appears that they're still protesting for more democracy and freedom and stuff like that.

Even with my conspiracy hat on, I wouldn't say they're no longer usefull for the West. In fact, they're a good back-up plan. If the current government is not pro-western enough, back Maidan revolutionaries again and try again.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:00 am »

I haven't been following them anyway, what are they protesting for now actually?

Fake-edit : It appears that they're still protesting for more democracy and freedom and stuff like that.

Even with my conspiracy hat on, I wouldn't say they're no longer usefull for the West. In fact, they're a good back-up plan. If the current government is not pro-western enough, back Maidan revolutionaries again and try again.
Ukraine independence is not allowed, did you hear that, Ukrainian Ranger? Your dream will never be realized.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: August 07, 2014, 09:18:25 am »

I want to see German speaking spontaneously appeared self defense units armed with Leopards 2. Everything else is half-measures :)

Or they could throw them a curveball and deploy the historical recreationists.  The norse shall spring up again on the baltic coast!

Well there is a group of Swedish-speaking people in Estonia (and maybe the other Baltic countries) that nearly got eradicated by USSR language laws.
Love, scriver~

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: August 07, 2014, 09:23:24 am »

no country should have to rely on food imports to get by, such a situation invariably leads to famine when harvests half across the globe fuck up for random reasons

& when the local supply randomly fucks up (drought, flood, famine, crop diseases etc..)? Seems a more likely scenario, then everywhere else fucking up simultaneously.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: August 07, 2014, 09:30:20 am »

Ukraine independence is not allowed, did you hear that, Ukrainian Ranger? Your dream will never be realized.
I suggest you to worry not about Ukrainian independence but consider a vegetarian diet :D

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: August 07, 2014, 09:45:32 am »

no country should have to rely on food imports to get by, such a situation invariably leads to famine when harvests half across the globe fuck up for random reasons

& when the local supply randomly fucks up (drought, flood, famine, crop diseases etc..)? Seems a more likely scenario, then everywhere else fucking up simultaneously.

considering that under this scenario all other countries would somehow be pulling a positive or close-to-positive balance (to throw it into biofuels or whatever) it'd be possible to import given you're not under a ridiculous amount of sanctions

instead of now where a poor harvest in the states, france or russia or what will you leaves people deep in shit

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: August 07, 2014, 09:46:51 am »

2008 economical crisis

I suggest you to worry not about Ukrainian independence but consider a vegetarian diet :D
:D
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: August 07, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

Posted from my iKremlinPhone
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 1393