Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748266 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8580 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:18 pm »

Fire?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: August 03, 2014, 01:27:43 pm »

Stop, drop and roll everybody.
This is a blank sig.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: August 03, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: August 03, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »

Russian propaganda called "anti-imperialist".

That's... amusing, especially considering the current Ukraine shenanigans :P
[stupidstrawman]Furthermore, it's obvious for everyone that the Western powers, the most progressive, free and developed countries on Earth, the paragon of human evolution, have all the rights to rule the world for the benefit of their subjects. Their progressiveness brings them tremendous superiority over uncivilized inferior nations, like Russia. They have the right to decide what's right and what wrong, who lives and who dies, and their supremacy is justified and unquestionable. Truly, a thousand-year Reich reign of liberal democracies is upon us.
[/stupidstrawman]
:P :P :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:41:48 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: August 03, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

Stop, drop and roll everybody.
Roll to die.

Perfect place for it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: August 03, 2014, 02:05:31 pm »

It is the beginning of disintegration of Russia
There have been lots of beginnings of disintegrations of Russia. Still quite stable.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: August 03, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »

[stupidstrawman]Furthermore, it's obvious for everyone that the Western powers, the most progressive, free and developed countries on Earth, the paragon of human evolution, have all the rights to rule the world for the benefit of their subjects. Their progressiveness brings them tremendous superiority over uncivilized inferior nations, like Russia. They have the right to decide what's right and what wrong, who lives and who dies, and their supremacy is justified and unquestionable. Truly, a thousand-year Reich reign of liberal democracies is upon us.
[/stupidstrawman]
:P :P :P

The Russian/Belarusian/New Russian model of authoritarian dictatorship, with many of the hallmarks of Fascism (militarism, social conservatism, populist ultranationalism, "strong" authoritarian leadership that can fight corruption and "make the trains run on time", paternalism/masculism etc), is no alternative to Liberal Democracy, as much as I disagree with Liberal Democracy.

I'm also going to do something I don't think I ever do. I'm going to go full Godwin. As much of a social no-no as it is I feel this particular image is important in relation to Russia and Guardian G.I. in particular.

Spoiler: I found this today. (click to show/hide)

Think of it what you will.

Siberian artist: “We give away our resources and get piles of dumb laws in return”

It is the beginning of disintegration of Russia

I fully support them in this endeavor. Russia is not a "federation", it's a unitary state with various "Republics" and autonomous regions created to satisfy restive nations that lie within the Russian sphere of influence. If Russia was a true federation then Siberia would be its own autonomous republic with full control over its own natural resources. I think that might actually help prevent West Russians from polluting the land and over-exploiting it as they do currently.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:30:47 pm by Owlbread »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: August 03, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »

that image of yours?

yeah it's not just russia

call it staring into the abyss, but people are going "OH NO WE'RE NEXT KILL RUSSIA PLS" thanks to all the nice propaganda

i don't want to kill russia i want to take it easy

and that makes me pro-russian apparently

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: August 03, 2014, 02:29:33 pm »

that image of yours?

call it staring into the abyss, but people are going "OH NO WE'RE NEXT KILL RUSSIA PLS" thanks to all the nice propaganda

It's not just Russia but it is primarily Russia. Whereas in the West we've got a few idiots, over there it seems to be the majority of people.

No, it doesn't.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:31:49 pm by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: August 03, 2014, 02:34:57 pm »

West Russians
So basically, Ukrainians, right?
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: August 03, 2014, 02:36:30 pm »

No, it doesn't.

according to parts of the thread i don't respond to yeah

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: August 03, 2014, 02:37:56 pm »

So basically, Ukrainians, right?

No, people in places like Moscow. Where all the power is. The place you would probably call "Central Russia", which is amusing to me. When I think of "central Russia" I think of Novosibirsk.

according to parts of the thread i don't respond to yeah

If people were to accuse you of being pro-Russian for holding those sentiments then they would be wrong. But in general I don't see you as pro-Russian, I see you as a contrary voice of dissent.

A google definition of "contrary":

"perversely inclined to disagree or to do the opposite of what is expected or desired."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:41:23 pm by Owlbread »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41:04 pm »

that image of yours?

It's not just Russia but it is primarily Russia. Whereas in the West we've got a few idiots, over there it seems to be the majority of people.
The amount of "a few idiots" can be greatly increased with propaganda.
For example, just a few hysterical anti-Russian articles from major news sites in the immediate aftermath of MH17 was enough to send sites like Reddit into a massive jingoism craze. Even if it wasn't created intentionally, it shows how easy it is for such ideas to spread.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: August 03, 2014, 02:45:47 pm »

The amount of "a few idiots" can be greatly increased with propaganda.
For example, just a few hysterical anti-Russian articles from major news sites in the immediate aftermath of MH17 was enough to send sites like Reddit into a massive jingoism craze. Even if it wasn't created intentionally, it shows how easy it is for such ideas to spread.

Indeed. Russia is the best example of this; from the Chechen wars of the 1990s to the Ukrainian Crisis Russian public opinion has been shaped and influenced very easily by pro-Kremlin newspapers and other outlets. If you want to see jingoism check the Russian public's reaction towards Chechen terrorist attacks in recent years.

At the moment though our idiots remain few in comparison with the number of Russians who are apparently completely convinced that the West is actually a modern-day Nazi Germany (except with Jews) that is planning to invade and subjugate them and force them to allow gay people to have the same rights as everyone else, or whatever it is we're supposed to be planning.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:52:52 pm by Owlbread »
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 1393