Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743982 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #8025 on: July 22, 2014, 08:37:07 am »

Also, here's Miliband's statement in Hansard. The actual quote;
The deputy prosecutor general’s letter says that the Russian constitution currently bars extradition. The Russian authorities have given no indication of a willingness to work with us to address this question. The situation is not unique. For example, other countries have recently amended their constitutions to give effect to the European arrest warrant. Indeed, Russia wants the EU and the UK to open their borders to free movement of people, goods and services as part of an intensification of relations. This needs to be matched by an equal Russian commitment to cross-border judicial co-operation.
Later, in response to an MP asking what the process of amending the Russian constitution is;
David Miliband: We are not entering into a legal argument with the Russian Government about the current status of the Russian constitution; what we are seeking is their co-operation in overcoming this obstacle. As I said in my statement, other countries, including Germany, have recently made amendments to their constitutions precisely to address the issues raised by the European arrest warrant. As I also said in my statement, the Russian desire is for greater interaction with the European Union and the UK. That must be on the basis of responsibilities as well as rights being properly exercised. It is on that basis that we have asked for co-operation from the Russian Government in addressing the issue. It is that co-operation that we have failed to secure.
Russia is also party to European agreements on extradition, but has unilaterally granted itself exemptions while other nations have gone the other way and altered local laws to abide by the terms of the agreements. Miliband's statement was pretty much in line with that.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: July 22, 2014, 08:48:17 am »

Mr. Putin declared today, to his national security council, that Russia has to arm itself against NATO pushing at it's borders.
He warns about NATO forces building up in Eastern European countries, as well as the Black Sea, and in response wants to increase military prescence in the Crimea, and Sebastopol, and states he is willing to 'react appropriatly' when NATO forces build up near the Russian border.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: July 22, 2014, 09:03:22 am »

British Foreign Minister Ed Milibant, like a XIX century British ambassador ordering some primitive nation to submit to the British Empire, demanded Russia to amend its Constitution[/url].

Or indeed a XIX century Russian ambassador ordering some primitive nation to submit to the Russian Empire?
Oh you, I know about such things as the Great Game.
Also, I can't recall the Russian Foreign Minister demanding other countries to amend their constitutions. Maybe something like that happened during the Cold War, I don't know, but not in recent history.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: July 22, 2014, 09:11:35 am »

Oh you, I know about such things as the Great Game.

And over 500 years of successful imperial conquest and colonisation.

Also, I can't recall the Russian Foreign Minister demanding other countries to amend their constitutions. Maybe something like that happened during the Cold War, I don't know, but not in recent history.

Ukraine 2013/14? With the language laws and regional autonomy? Not necessarily a constitutional amendment but you get my point.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:47 am »

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_31/Putin-talks-with-Angela-Merkel-calls-for-constitutional-reform-in-Ukraine-8118/

Took all of 5 seconds of googling.  And that's a much, much bigger change then an extradition provision.  But Russia wants to be in the cool kids club with Kazakhstan and Zimbabwe and not have extradition like those lame guys in the developed world.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:14:34 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Beznogim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: July 22, 2014, 09:14:33 am »

I think I'll crawl up from my usual read-only for a while and leave this video here. It's about Russian Defence Ministry, giving its point of view about the events, concerning the crashed civilian plain.

Basically, to cut long story short, there are given some space shots of the area and of the movement of Ukraininan military vehicles, some graphic charts of the increase of Ukrainian radio-location stations activity by the time of the crash, and Russian airline radar information detecting another unrecognized plane in the area at the very same time in the very close vicinity to the crashed plane.
Also, it is noted, that despite USA claiming that they have photo proof from space that the plane was shot down from the ground by pro-Russians - the USA refuses to show it to anyone.
От БЕЗНОГNМ станет всем ДОСМОТ,
От БЕЗНОГNМ V1 o5 u2,
НЕ ПЫТАЙТЕСБ ЧТОТ0 NЗМЕНИТЬ!
Просмотревших людей сойдут с ума!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: July 22, 2014, 09:15:27 am »

Yes let's believe the ministry of defense, it's not like they've lied about everything from day 1.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: July 22, 2014, 09:18:19 am »

Russia is playing a dangerous game with conspiracy theories. Very dangerous.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: July 22, 2014, 10:15:39 am »

Litvinenko's book may become very popular with a proper advertisement.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: July 22, 2014, 10:31:48 am »

Yeah, I guess with modern technology that could be easier than it was back in Soviet times.

Reports indicate that the boxes were in good condition though, so nothing seems to indicate so far that anybody tried to tamper with them.
Well, the earlier boxes(some still in use) inscribed the data on a metal band rather than digital information. Hard to tamper with that.

I am not sure why there is such big media about the black box it self, because it will not show a lot. The only thing it can show is that there was a explosion and that it (so i guess they can confirm the plane was shoot down). It can not show anything about what hit it, or who fired it, so it will not make the situation more clear.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: July 22, 2014, 10:43:13 am »

Yeah, I guess with modern technology that could be easier than it was back in Soviet times.

Reports indicate that the boxes were in good condition though, so nothing seems to indicate so far that anybody tried to tamper with them.
Well, the earlier boxes(some still in use) inscribed the data on a metal band rather than digital information. Hard to tamper with that.

I am not sure why there is such big media about the black box it self, because it will not show a lot. The only thing it can show is that there was a explosion and that it (so i guess they can confirm the plane was shoot down). It can not show anything about what hit it, or who fired it, so it will not make the situation more clear.

There's more to it than that, such as the exact location of the plane and other stuff.

The main reason the media is making a big deal out of it is because of the rebels removing the black boxes, wanting to give it to Russia*, and generally messing with the crime scene.

*OSCE apparently negotiated (I think, or maybe it was Malaysia that negotiated) with the rebels who gave them to Malaysia who wanted to send them to the Netherlands because Malaysia doesn't  have the expertise or equipment, but the Netherlands said that they don't have the proper expertise or equipment either, so it was handed to the UK.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:35 am »

The box shows pretty much everything that happened in the plane and what the pilot's said and all kinds of info, that the plane received from flight control. It pretty much shows everything and maybe experts can use the info to even narrow down on the type of rocket that was fired.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: July 22, 2014, 10:56:19 am »

The box shows pretty much everything that happened in the plane and what the pilot's said and all kinds of info, that the plane received from flight control. It pretty much shows everything and maybe experts can use the info to even narrow down on the type of rocket that was fired.

I doubt they can narrow down the type of rocket that was fired by the black box alone, but yes, theres all kinds of things like telemetry, all the engine data, thousands of data points, and the media was also making a big deal out of it because the rebels looked like they were trying to hide something and were going to give it to Russia, who the international community no longer really trusts very much.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:06 am »

This is incorrect. The box can only show that explosion happened, and where, and nothing more (or better said where was the plane hit from the explosion). You can not even know what hit it. What pilot said will also not bring any info, because he will also not know a lot about it. So if people expect anything to come from this, you will be disappointed.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8039 on: July 22, 2014, 11:22:40 am »

Russia is playing a dangerous game with conspiracy theories. Very dangerous.

They keep forgetting the rebels tweeted about downing a 'transport' plane.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 1393