Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745999 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7575 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:15 am »

I just want to point out that the bank of England was founded by a Scotsman and the bank of Scotland founded by an Englishman.
BRITAIN

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: July 16, 2014, 03:32:11 am »

Broken Britain... something something bacon!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:21 am »

oh gosh are you saying that arming assad against isis co. is equal with americans or georgians arming ukraine

you're going off the deep end owlie
In which direction? Because as far as I can tell the comparison fails in both.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: July 16, 2014, 07:01:15 am »

oh gosh are you saying that arming assad against isis co. is equal with americans or georgians arming ukraine

you're going off the deep end owlie

When the Syrian Civil War was still a popular uprising for democracy (FSA was still a thing) ISIS had not yet reared their ugly heads and Assad was literally slaughtering his own people in droves Russia was sending arms and attack helicopters to Syria.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:08:04 am by Owlbread »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: July 16, 2014, 07:27:38 am »

If it is indeed true that Ukraine has been given UH-1s by the Americans then it will be absolutely hilarious if Putin starts criticising them for it. "How dare America give these helicopters to Ukraine so they can be used in the killing of civilians" etc.

Authoritarians rarely have a good sense of irony. And neither do their supporters, for that matter.
Are you implying that I posted the link to that video to protest against US helicopter shipments to Ukraine?
I found it on another website and reposted it here without any implications whatsoever.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: July 16, 2014, 08:33:05 am »

I want to know when our dear president and co will admit that we are at war with Russia....

"anti-terror operation" term pisses me so much. Dozens of Russian tanks and artillery with Russian crews are fighting with our army, Russia shells our troops from its territory and... Our government acts as if nothing happens.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: July 16, 2014, 08:53:17 am »

Well, never if they're not dumb. You just don't declare war on Russia.

Guardian: If we go by the following quote, it's pretty clear Owlbread didn't mean you, but was talking about an hypotetical Putin criticism of this.

If it is indeed true that Ukraine has been given UH-1s by the Americans then it will be absolutely hilarious if Putin starts criticising them for it. "How dare America give these helicopters to Ukraine so they can be used in the killing of civilians" etc.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: July 16, 2014, 12:40:48 pm »

Guardian: If we go by the following quote, it's pretty clear Owlbread didn't mean you, but was talking about an hypotetical Putin criticism of this.

Sheb is 100% correct.

English, Welsh and Northern Irish people, are you my best friends?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: July 16, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »

would you consider someone who doesn't wish for independence a friend of yours?

because answering rhetorical questions is vOv

it'd be hilarious if you still had colonies by the way, go get some before the referendum for the sake of my popcorn consumption

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: July 16, 2014, 01:02:31 pm »

would you consider someone who doesn't wish for independence a friend of yours?

because answering rhetorical questions is vOv

it'd be hilarious if you still had colonies by the way, go get some before the referendum for the sake of my popcorn consumption

A number of my friends are Unionists, the vast majority are undecided. I have Unionist relatives. Two of my best friends are English and live in England, but I converted them to the cause of independence a while ago.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: July 16, 2014, 01:04:57 pm »

I totally imagine you "converting" them like the LCS convert Conservative.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: July 16, 2014, 01:14:56 pm »

I totally imagine you "converting" them like the LCS convert Conservative.

Closer to the truth than you think. I should say that one of my closest friends of all is actually a UKIP supporter, I don't know if that would come as a shock. I don't tend to like talking politics with my friends and family unless they agree with me, though. I find it eases the tension on relationships.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: July 16, 2014, 01:46:51 pm »

Tell me about it - I got a friend who is anti-American in a, frankly, most vulgar manner. I try to avoid talking politics with him, but it doesn't always work.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: July 16, 2014, 02:03:21 pm »

I actually enjoy discussing politics with people I disagree with sometimes, at least if they are being somewhat intelligent about it. It can be enlightening as to how other people think and it helps you understand political ideas and movements you'd find strange otherwise.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: July 16, 2014, 02:05:36 pm »

at least if they are being somewhat intelligent about it.

This is the problem though. The bell curve of idiocy has a long tail of ignorance on all sides.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1393