Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747653 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #7020 on: June 27, 2014, 10:22:50 am »

EU signs pacts with Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova.
My prediction: We will not see that ratified by Ukrainian parliament anytime soon....

Joking :) That is a good way for parliament to join Yanukovitch's in Rostov.

There are rumors about three more days of ceasefire... Hope it will not happen
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:26:24 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: June 27, 2014, 10:25:38 am »

Why do you think so?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: June 27, 2014, 10:27:29 am »

See the edit. To be serious I am not counting out that some negotiations with Russia are continuing and association will be canceled to appease it
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: June 27, 2014, 10:35:03 am »

After all, it is Greece, a member for 30 years that ended up causing problem (that were much worsened by bad planning and poor foresight), not any of the member states that joined in 2004.

My whole point that blaming anything at all on Greece is foolish.  Greece is responsible for less then 1% of this problem.  They're a rounding error.  Individual bank managers played a bigger role then the entire greek nation.  And the greek problem of fraud is completely unrelated to the real problem of bad monetary policy.  They just happened to come to light about a year from each other.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: June 27, 2014, 10:43:18 am »

EU signs pacts with Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova.
My prediction: We will not see that ratified by Ukrainian parliament anytime soon....

Joking :) That is a good way for parliament to join Yanukovitch's in Rostov.

There are rumors about three more days of ceasefire... Hope it will not happen

Why are you hoping for more fighting? Wouldn't you rather end the fighting and deaths? Just because you aren't fighting with bullets doesn't mean you can't fight using peaceful means, aka diplomacy.

I totally get the position you're coming from UR, but the whole situation is looking like a stalemate.

The real problem though is that the rebels aren't one single faction, they're many different factions and not all of them may agree to a cease fire. Not even sure if theres a dominant faction which could exert pressure on the smaller factions.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: June 27, 2014, 10:48:01 am »

Why are you hoping for more fighting? Wouldn't you rather end the fighting and deaths? Just because you aren't fighting with bullets doesn't mean you can't fight using peaceful means, aka diplomacy.
Hoping? Wrong word. I know that there will be more fighting. I know that there are fighting  during that "ceasefire"

Our army got an order - act as targets. At least 20, twenty! servicemen died during that week because of that  order

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: June 27, 2014, 10:50:03 am »

Hoping? Wrong word. I know that there will be more fighting. I know that there are fighting  during that "ceasefire"

Our army got an order - act as targets. At least 20, twenty! servicemen died during that week because of that  order

I think that's a bit of a faulty logic - it's not like shooting back and actually going in there and fighting would make them less shot at.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: June 27, 2014, 10:55:33 am »

To wage war you need to plant ambushes, disrupt enemy supply lines, do surprise attacks, counterattack and more stuff like that

Here we have an order: sit in one place and shoot back if attacked. Such "strategy" leads to pointless deaths on you side. They died for nothing. They died to let our president look as a good guy who wants peace

And many more will come. The enemy was allowed to bring more supplies and entrench further during that week. Potentially that will cost many, many, many lives of Ukrainian soldiers. Far more, than should we attack less prepared enemy earlier

I hate that "ceasefire". It is a borderline treason
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:57:41 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: June 27, 2014, 10:57:33 am »

Link to article stating that they actually got an order to stand in an open field and take off their helmets* (or in other words, be targets) because that sounds too stupid to be believeable. I mean, seriously, either the commander thinks they have tons of bodies to throw at the enemy or they are just stupid because even someone with half a brain would get that makes no sense at all.

OR maybe it was the politicians that gave the order? Pfft, that's what happened with the US in the Vietnam War. Not the act as targets bit, but politicians dictating strategy.

*I know that isn't the actual order, just making an analogy (or metaphor?) out of it. Also, theres a difference between not firing back and not firing back while at the same time making themselves into targets.

Edit to new posts: Sounds like you have commanders so incompetent they should be kicked back to private, or kicked out of the military alltogether. You guys should have asked for outside help with stragetic and tactical stuff. If not the US, then, I dunno, Turkey?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:01:58 am by smjjames »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: June 27, 2014, 11:02:52 am »

Look at my post above. Just shooting back is not enough. Target that can shoot back is still a target. It is like standing still in a duel, waiting for your opponent to make a shot. Awful way to wage a war

Edit to new posts: Sounds like you have commanders so incompetent they should be kicked back to private, or kicked out of the military alltogether.
Yes, I am for kicking Poroshenko out of Supreme Commander role. Others just follow his orders to only shoot back
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:05:18 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:36 am »

Back in 2012, when Ukraine co-hosted the UEFA Euro 2012, no one would believe that war would rage in Ukraine in just 2 years. Russian fiction books like Gleb Bobrov's "The Era of the Stillborn" (Глеб Бобров, "Эпоха мертворожденных", written in 2007, no English translations exist) depicting a breakup of Ukraine into separate Russian-speaking and Ukrainian-speaking states and a violent civil war seemed to be a unreal fairy tale that would obviously never become a reality.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: June 27, 2014, 11:54:10 am »

Wow, blasted out shell......

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: June 27, 2014, 12:29:50 pm »

Back in 2012, when Ukraine co-hosted the UEFA Euro 2012, no one would believe that war would rage in Ukraine in just 2 years. Russian fiction books like Gleb Bobrov's "The Era of the Stillborn" (Глеб Бобров, "Эпоха мертворожденных", written in 2007, no English translations exist) depicting a breakup of Ukraine into separate Russian-speaking and Ukrainian-speaking states and a violent civil war seemed to be a unreal fairy tale that would obviously never become a reality.
Hopefully it won't end in Leopards on Ukrainian soil.

Although that particular battle was somewhat awesome.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:55 pm »

Hopefully it won't end in Leopards on Ukrainian soil.

Although that particular battle was somewhat awesome.

Oh, are the Russians afraid of the Panzers? ;D /teasing

Really though, if NATO was willing to give Ukraine their assets, they would probably have done so already. Then again, the Ukraine military seems to have a hard time keeping their own assets from falling into enemy hands (not including all the naval stuff).

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: June 27, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

One hour passed since the end of ceasefire

No announcement from our president. No massive artillery and air strikes. I am afraid that the "ceasefire" and negotiations with Putin's murderous puppet terrorists will continue... 

It is sad that Ukraine is not a right wing junta like Russia media lies :(
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 1393