Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1748136 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6930 on: June 23, 2014, 08:57:59 pm »

Aaaaaand now your avatar looks ten degrees worse.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: June 23, 2014, 09:18:34 pm »

So, Owlbread.

You gonna commit sudoku when you lose the referendum?

I don't think it's a matter of "when", it's a matter of "if". We will address this if the situation arises.
Woops, meant to say/type "if".
I don't care either way though, as long as the referendum is fair.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: June 23, 2014, 11:37:53 pm »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: June 24, 2014, 05:52:56 am »

According to UNIAN and websites of pro-Russian forces, yesterday in Donetsk, representatives of the Ukrainian government and People's Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk have met for the first time, agreeing on a temporary cease-fire (until the 27th of June) and continuation of further negotiations.

Also, according to RIA Novosti, BBC and RT, Russian President Vladimir Putin have asked the upper house of the Russian parliament to revoke the right to use Russian military force in Ukraine, which was given to him by the same upper house on the 1st of March.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: June 24, 2014, 09:25:20 am »

Yeah, saw that on google news. Looks like things are starting to finally calm down.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: June 24, 2014, 11:06:06 am »

Yeah, and minimum 11 killed Ukrainian soldiers today  don't count..... We have a damned one-sided ceasefire to calm things down

Any negotiations with that scum is unacceptable. Week is way to long, 24 hours for their surrender would be more than  enough. Negotiations like that are same as if USA started negotiating with Al-Qaeda or Israel with HAMAS
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: June 24, 2014, 11:35:43 am »

Freedom is not always, as your sig states, on the tip of a sword. Sometimes it is by the tip of the pen.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:53 am »

Putin removing that right is a good sign - it shows that he doesn't intend to occupy Eastern Ukraine. I belive that the war, if not won, is at least coming to an acceptable end.

And everybody's forgotten about Crimea, so I guess Putin did sort of win...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: June 24, 2014, 11:53:19 am »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: June 24, 2014, 11:55:09 am »

What a shocker!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: June 24, 2014, 12:15:16 pm »

Putin removing that right is a good sign - it shows that he doesn't intend to occupy Eastern Ukraine. I belive that the war, if not won, is at least coming to an acceptable end.
All that Putin has to do to move troops in is to recognize new independent nation(s) and move troops in because they asked to. I see no changes here

Besides his troops are IN Ukraine right now, shooting down helicopters, sniping officers, bringing tanks and heavy artillery from Russia, kidnapping and murdering  civilians, blowing up Ukrainian infrastructure...

Why should he  move troops in Ukraine when the current strategy works and Ukraine plays along by calling his soldiers terrorists and wastes time on "negotiations" with his puppets?

That negotiations are either huge mistake that will result in hundreds if not thousands dead or plain treason
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: June 24, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »

kidnapping and murdering  civilians
I'm pretty sure that if that was the case, all western media would be filled with examples of said behaviour. It is not. Therefore, this is probably not the case.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: June 24, 2014, 12:36:56 pm »

Do you want to say that there are Western journalists in all that small cities not under Ukrainian control? Nope, only Russian media are allowed here.

Besides it is not the scale that will be interesting for journalists, few cases per day? Who cares? And that can be blamed on local crime

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: June 24, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »

Do you want to say that there are Western journalists in all that small cities not under Ukrainian control? Nope, only Russian media are allowed here.

Besides it is not the scale that will be interesting for journalists, few cases per day? Who cares? And that can be blamed on local crime
"few cases of kidnapping and murdering civilians per day by pro-russian forces" and "western media would not care" do not compute together.

._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: June 24, 2014, 12:44:58 pm »

Journalist need something "bright" to right about. One time death of large number of people is more "interesting" than same number if people died over longer period

If you mean that Western Governments are interested to show bad behavior of Russians.... I think they don't. Because they promised more sanctions but they don't want to impose real sanctions

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1393