Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745143 times)

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6495 on: June 12, 2014, 02:30:36 am »

On phosphour bombs, here's the original source:
http://lifenews.ru/news/134892

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: June 12, 2014, 02:42:36 am »

Well, they just cite some local rebels. That and the video taken down for copyright issue makes me thing it's bullshit.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: June 12, 2014, 02:59:47 am »

It was called a Russia Independence day just a few years ago, IIRC.
Wiki says it is now officially Russia Day.

So we literally celebrate the day when Soviet Union completely fallen apart (._.) Nothing to be proud of, methinks. Nothing to be ashamed of as well, however.
But freedom of speech! Without that, you would never ever have this very conversation.

You know that line on the top of your screen, total time logged in? Sometimes I think I should better spend those 19 days walking around, chatting with my meatspace friends, establishing relations, read goddamn books. You know, I haven't read any non-educational book for three years by now. And what do I do? I browse bay12 instead, talking with people whom I will never see in person. In fact, most of that time I'm not even talking with people whom I will never see, I'm staring at my screen waiting some threads to update.
I think I'd be better off without freedom of speech.
brb, reading Asimov
._.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: June 12, 2014, 03:04:53 am »

If Twitter is to be believed:

Well shit.
Oh shit.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: June 12, 2014, 03:07:06 am »

Sometimes I think I should better spend those 19 days walking around, chatting with my meatspace friends, establishing relations, read goddamn books.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: June 12, 2014, 03:08:52 am »

sheb

look at my stats and feel shame for trying to boast

it's not a fucking competition

also, ron paul @ these twits

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:20 am »

So we literally celebrate the day when Soviet Union completely fallen apart (._.) Nothing to be proud of, methinks. Nothing to be ashamed of as well, however.
I myself am very happy that the USSR fell apart like it did. It should of done so sooner, rather than so late. It was a horrible mistake of humanity's history.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:12 am »

I myself am very happy that the USSR fell apart like it did. It should of done so sooner, rather than so late. It was a horrible mistake of humanity's history.

You come form one of the Baltic states, don't you.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: June 12, 2014, 03:12:55 am »

Apart from that, more videos on Phosphor bombing at 11.06.2014 22:37.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXaLmCTYn30 - this one was before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85lbTEd7l30#t=60

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: June 12, 2014, 03:13:03 am »

upon further investigation it appears a full-scale invasion of ukraine is reported more or less daily so

i'll wait a little before deploying the ron pauls

ranger should have better data

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: June 12, 2014, 03:13:25 am »

Yes I do, but that still doesn't devalue my opinion on the matter. A lot of Russians living in Russia also think that it was a horrible horrible thing. Who would like a regime with no freedoms, constant deficit everywhere, raving corruption, horrible leadership and etc?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: June 12, 2014, 03:19:12 am »

Yes I do, but that still doesn't devalue my opinion on the matter. A lot of Russians living in Russia also think that it was a horrible horrible thing. Who would like a regime with no freedoms, constant deficit everywhere, raving corruption, horrible leadership and etc?

A lot of Russians? Really? More like a bunch of fat-ass pseudo-intelllectuals dwelling in large cities an flooding the LJ.
Now, too much freedoms, constant proficit (flood of chinese cheap crap), raving corruption and horrible leadership sounds that much better to you?
Though horribleness of leadership is always debatable, now and then. I don't think it was that horrible, after all.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:03 am »

too much freedoms
That's a thing now? Which freedoms do you plan to abolish? I'm curious.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: June 12, 2014, 03:31:10 am »

The deficit wasn't just about goods, but also food products. Also the USSR put it's nasty mark on more countries than just Russia or the Baltic states. The world is much much better without it and if a single country can not handle itself, then it is that country's problem.

I quite like the fact that I could fly to the US without much problems and without having some secret agency going over my bloody life. Also I don't have to wait months for the horrible inefficient machine to slowly grind its wheels or wait for Moscow.

I like the fact that I can walk into a store and get some bananas, without having to run there and then wait hours in line the day the order comes in or pay some clerk a bribe to get myself some bananas.

I can register a company that does whatever I want in minutes without having to report every single thing to the state and then wait weeks or months for the paperwork.

I like that I can state my opinion without the fear of being dropped out of school, losing my job or being locked up in prison.

I like it that I have information from all around the world, that does not go through heavy state censorship. I like it that I actually have a vote in who rules my town, this country or who represents it in the European Parliament.

This thing can go on and on and on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:34 am »

Also in Ukrainian news, Bulgaria dropped the South Stream pipeline. I think it's a bit early to say it's totally dead, but it's a good news for Ukraine anyway, if it goes online Ukraine will loose much of its leverage over Russian gas.

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1393