Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745735 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6315 on: June 06, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »

Just a brief post here to note the 70th anniversary of the Normandy landings. The one time a year when many French feel genuine outpourings of gratitude towards the United States (and in which the contributions of the UK often go overshadowed, at least in American media coverage...)

If my FB feed is anything to judge by, most French spend the occasion bitching about how it's the USSR that saved them from Nazism and their contribution is always forgotten.  :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: June 07, 2014, 03:20:25 am »

If Poroshenko's deeds will be half as good as the inaugural speech than Ukraine has a good chance for success

I must say I am quite impressed
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:11:31 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: June 07, 2014, 05:54:57 am »

What I thought was that the Liberal Democrats were being incredibly naive and accepting an empty formality when they should have insisted on a real concession.  Nick Clegg said that AV was a major sticking point when negotiating with Labour.  Well look at what the Tories gave him in the end, nothing.

Erm, any sort of voting reform was always going to involve a referendum, regardless of party putting it forwards. The Conservatives have always been against any form of reform (common wisdom has them losing out badly under any preferential or proportional system) so getting a referendum from them was a major concession.

In the end the referendum came to nothing, although a lot of that is still on Labour failing to support the vote (it's been in their manifesto since 2001, then comes up and they have no official position... while their members came up with some of the nastiest lies in the No campaign) and the overall anger at the Lib Dems for joining the coalition. They did still get substantial electoral reform in the same bill, which looks like it may go even further this year.

Now I know a few Green activists and members who felt that the Lib Dems were 'selling out' too cheaply and should have held out for a STV law. But that both assumes that such a thing was ever going to happen (no party proposed any reform without referendum, and STV would have been an even harder sell, completely restructuring the Parliamentary constituency system) and that the Lib Dems were selling out. That completely misreads the party of 2010, assuming they were somehow closer ideological and politically to Labour (and especially Labour under Brown) and that going with the Tories instead was a greater compromise.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: June 07, 2014, 12:52:35 pm »

Apparently the Ukranian Separitist forces nowcontain a whole lot of Polish Nazis. A group called "Falanga" has pledged their support to the righteous brethren in eastern ukraine and begun shipping over fighters wholesale.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: June 07, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »

Polish... Nazis?

Wait, what?
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: June 07, 2014, 12:57:41 pm »

nazis have a tendency of existing in places in which it doesn't make sense, such as poland, russia, to a lesser extent germany and even israel(!)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: June 07, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »

Polish... Nazis?

Wait, what?

Skinheads.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: June 07, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »

Mongolia is an entertaining bastion of Nazis.

Not to say Mongolia is full of Nazis, but it has some fairly well-known Nazis. The expected bits, you know, Mongolia was the biggest land empire in history, Genghis Khan was the shiznit, therefore Mongolians are the ubermensch who have been shat upon, yah-dah yah-dah.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: June 07, 2014, 02:27:49 pm »

I thought Mongolia's Nazis are hardcore environmentalists?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: June 07, 2014, 02:31:57 pm »

And Nazi Germany was a welfare state, your point? :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #6326 on: June 07, 2014, 02:51:16 pm »

oh crap dutchling i'm choking on my tears what have you DONE
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: June 07, 2014, 03:18:40 pm »

Apparently the Ukranian Separitist forces nowcontain a whole lot of Polish Nazis. A group called "Falanga" has pledged their support to the righteous brethren in eastern ukraine and begun shipping over fighters wholesale.
Source? Or that some info you got through unofficial channels? Pro-Russian Polish far-rights sounds somewhat weird but I have seen enough of weird stuff recently

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: June 07, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »

Reports from both separatists who are a bit wary of the newcomers and their posts about it, from some polish news sites as wel I can see if I can find an English or Ukranian languuage source for you...

This okay? (first googlle linkheh, on phone so can't verify quality too much)
http://anton-shekhovtsov.blogspot.com/2014/06/polish-fascists-are-joining-pro-russian.html?m=1.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: June 07, 2014, 03:57:39 pm »

Reports from both separatists who are a bit wary of the newcomers and their posts about it, from some polish news sites as wel I can see if I can find an English or Ukranian languuage source for you...

This okay? (first googlle linkheh, on phone so can't verify quality too much)
http://anton-shekhovtsov.blogspot.com/2014/06/polish-fascists-are-joining-pro-russian.html?m=1.
I can't believe that Polish nationalists and pro-Russians are going to fight on one side.

This can't be happening.

It makes no sense

arghblargh
._.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1393