Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745691 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #5115 on: May 08, 2014, 01:54:32 am »

Maybe Ukranian Ranger could volunteer?
I was more interested in discussion because I am curios how Ukrainian events are seen in other countries, so nope.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: May 08, 2014, 01:55:23 am »

Maybe Ukranian Ranger could volunteer?
I was more interested in discussion because I am curios how Ukrainian events are seen in other countries, so nope.
An impartial observer would probably be better, no offence UR :p
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: May 08, 2014, 02:06:15 am »

Is anyone really impartial?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: May 08, 2014, 02:12:33 am »

Possibly, I mean anyone not actually living over there or not of central european descent there would be more impartial than many others.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: What? I see nothing, move along.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:28:37 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:57 am »

Personally while I sympathize with Ukrainians for the crap they got from Russia, I can also sympathize with Russians for the Crap they got from Russians/whomever.
Also my own opinion is that this is turning into a civil war where basically each side is both in the wrong and are victims.

Stop right there criminal scum! Nobody wakes the Fenrir starts it all over again on my watch!

No, really.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: May 08, 2014, 05:29:53 am »

Nothing to see here, move along.
So how about those Ponys? Ukranians? Crazy Englanders?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: May 08, 2014, 05:41:24 am »

A non-discussion, news-only thread has my full support. I got 90% of my news about the Nameless Topic from here, and would love that to continue. The manager of the thread can be impartial enough if they just post the links. And if someone vehemently disagrees on the reliability of the source and wants to warn of that - I'm sure their comment could be added without burning down the forums.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: May 08, 2014, 06:47:38 am »

A non-discussion, news-only thread has my full support. I got 90% of my news about the Nameless Topic from here, and would love that to continue. The manager of the thread can be impartial enough if they just post the links. And if someone vehemently disagrees on the reliability of the source and wants to warn of that - I'm sure their comment could be added without burning down the forums.

Sounds reasonable. I like this proposal.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: May 08, 2014, 07:38:18 am »

Seems great.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: May 08, 2014, 07:39:51 am »

Someone should ask Toady if he'd be okay with it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: May 08, 2014, 08:33:50 am »

Well, as long as it's not flamebait (like Gogis's attempt was) and the fact that it is locked should keep it from descending into chaos, it should be ok with Toady.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: May 08, 2014, 08:40:04 am »

The fact that it is locked would prevent from subscribing to it, i rarely have time to browse the forum these days

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: May 08, 2014, 09:30:34 am »

PMs for update notification?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: May 08, 2014, 09:32:37 am »

That would do, yes

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #5129 on: May 08, 2014, 09:41:03 am »

Sounds like a lot of work for the OP.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1393