Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743739 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #1965 on: October 25, 2013, 06:42:09 pm »

The whole album is like that, starting with "Anstruther's Dark Prophecy" and "The Unicorn Invasion of Dundee". Given that I know little else about Scotland, I'm choosing to believe it's a verbatim pre-Braveheart history =D
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 25, 2013, 06:43:15 pm »

A large vein is popping out of my temple. You must stop this.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: October 25, 2013, 06:47:18 pm »

I think the coastline should depart. They would get a way higher standard of living without the inner Scots stealing all their oil money.

If that's not injustice I don't know what is.
And that's why we need supranational integration as well as strong federalism. "The resources in the earth belong only to those sitting directly on top of them" is a seriously dumb concept.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 25, 2013, 06:48:32 pm »

But suggesting otherwise will not win you many friends.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 25, 2013, 06:51:44 pm »

Meh, I'm pretty used to my political discussions degenerating into me calling one half of the people around me degenerate idiots who ought to be deported while the other half is desperately trying to change the subject or just enjoying the fireworks.

In my defense: Half the people I talk to about politics are degenerate idiots who ought to be deported.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 25, 2013, 06:51:48 pm »

Sorry; I'll just show myself out. Couldn't help it =P
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 25, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »

I think the coastline should depart. They would get a way higher standard of living without the inner Scots stealing all their oil money.

And that's why we need supranational integration as well as strong federalism. "The resources in the earth belong only to those sitting directly on top of them" is a seriously dumb concept.
You should come to North Carolina then, where the resources belong to the multinational corporation that extracts them as long as they go sideways under your land.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 25, 2013, 06:55:21 pm »

Sorry; I'll just show myself out. Couldn't help it =P

It is fine, I would not expect people to understand the horror and trauma of the existence of Fife.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 25, 2013, 07:30:09 pm »

You should come to North Carolina then, where the resources belong to the multinational corporation that extracts them as long as they go sideways under your land.
Heh, in Germany they just relocate your entire town, dig straight down, and 100 years later there's one more giant lake.
The Bay12 postcard club

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 25, 2013, 07:46:14 pm »

I don't see any reason as to why your southern parts shouldn't be able to secede either, should enough people there want to.

Yeah that's absolutely fine with me again, I don't consider Edinburgh and places like that to be part of Scotland anyway. You can draw a line around Dumfries and Galloway, basically the entirety of the borders and Edinburgh and just call it quits. I'd also like to place bombs around the whole of Fife and just fuck it right off into the middle of the sea.

I was refering to the USA southern parts, but sure :P

Is it now? Because I'm pretty damn certain the people living on the any particular piece of land should have a bigger say about what happens to it than some faraway strangers.

Meh, I'm pretty used to my political discussions degenerating into me calling one half of the people around me degenerate idiots who ought to be deported while the other half is desperately trying to change the subject or just enjoying the fireworks.

In my defense: Half the people I talk to about politics are degenerate idiots who ought to be deported.

And then Helgoland was teh idiots.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: October 25, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

Is it now? Because I'm pretty damn certain the people living on the any particular piece of land should have a bigger say about what happens to it than some faraway strangers.
About what happens to the land, sure. But about what happens to the profits? That seems oddly arbitrary...

And then Helgoland was teh idiots.
Interestingly the amount of time this happens varies with who I talk to - mathematicians generally don't get me raging, but - for example - philosophy freshmen who claim that physicists don't know what they're doing* definitely do. Politically it's the same: I'll happily talk to a communist/objectivist/nationalist/younameit who's capable of abstract thought, but there are those who are too dumb to tolerate.

*In regard to actual physics - what they do with mathematics is another discussion entirely.
The Bay12 postcard club

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 26, 2013, 01:51:47 am »

The immigrants are really better off staying where they are. Literally.
Must I state the obvious? These immigrants are willing to brave the ocean in makeshift rafts and toy rubber boats, and keep doing it after decades with countless of them drowning or dying of exposure in the way. That should give you a hint on how awful it is where they come from.
Migrants are seldomly the best informed people.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 26, 2013, 02:43:21 am »

There are no cats in America, and the streets are paved with Cheese.
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: October 26, 2013, 03:07:31 am »

And then America was the mountainhalls.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1393