Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1744555 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #855 on: July 13, 2013, 07:52:01 am »

AAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UNINFORMED AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ASKING EVERY CONCEIVABLE QUESTION WHILST CURRENTLY LACKING TIME TO BE INDUSTRIOUS IN MY OWN RESEARCH AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEING FUCKING YOUNG AND WANTING TO FIND OUT THINGS.

Seriously though, what are you referencing?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:57:17 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 13, 2013, 07:53:11 am »

I am glad people here are seeing that. This is how the UK government behaves 24/7 towards us.

Personally I think that if the UK tried to pull any of that shit it would be quite pointless because all it would do is force us to take our disputes to an international court of justice and build up bad blood between us. It would be silly to piss off your new nearest neighbour and closest trading partner. Scotland and the rUK would be the best of friends, there's no need to try to make life difficult.

Most of it is just bluff and bluster anyway. They're empty threats and attempts to scare us, like when they said earlier last year that Scotland would lose its AAA credit rating and all the newspapers raved about it for weeks - "UNCERTAINTY ABOUT INDEPENDENCE blah blah blah". The UK, interestingly, lost that AAA rating for us about a month ago anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt:

-(Occult Knowledge) Don't worry, I'll summon Owlbread so he can tell us: "Scotland! Scotland! Scotland!"

I'll come flying out of a fiery hole in the ground, wearing my kilt and bellowing Gaelic incantations.

AAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UNINFORMED AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ASKING EVERY CONCEIVABLE QUESTION WHILST CURRENTLY LACKING TIME TO BE INDUSTRIOUS IN MY OWN RESEARCH AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEING FUCKING YOUNG AND WANTING TO FIND OUT THINGS.

Novel, you tend to do it in quite an irritating way. You come into a thread like this and say "So what about Greece/China etc then hmm? Give me some info/websites on that" when it would take you about 5 minutes on wikipedia to gain a basic understanding of the situation.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:02:07 am by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #857 on: July 13, 2013, 08:02:08 am »

Gaelic has nothing on Welsh. Welsh is a language that could have only formed after staring too long into the box. The only reason Earth still exists is because the Star Gods get confused and think they've shown up at the wrong planet every time they talk to the Welsh.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 13, 2013, 08:04:31 am »

Which happens about every sunday at 8:69 PM.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 13, 2013, 08:05:04 am »

Which happens about every sunday at 8:69 PM.

Gle eibhinn.

Gaelic has nothing on Welsh. Welsh is a language that could have only formed after staring too long into the box. The only reason Earth still exists is because the Star Gods get confused and think they've shown up at the wrong planet every time they talk to the Welsh.

Ach, ma tha sibh a coimhead air an sgriobhadh Gaidhlig agus an sgriobhadh Chuimris, tha Cuimris nas fhurasta airson a leughadh. Tha na faclan faisg air Beurla. Anns a' Ghaidhlig, tha cho moran faclan le rudeigean mar "dh" agus "bh" agus "mh"; gu h-araidh "dh". Uairigean chan eil sinn ag radh "dh" idir idir. Tha beagan dhaoine ag radh: tha an fuaim sin as na h-Innseachan.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:09:09 am by Owlbread »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 13, 2013, 08:07:31 am »

Take note of the prior edit :P- that doesn't fit with the mood of the piece, so just take it as the usual conciliatory emoticon please. It's as you've said. I can go to wikipedia if i want a basic understanding, hopefully an accurate one. I want an in depth understanding, so i can do better then pretending to know what I'm talking about. I understand why MetalSlimeHunt is hesitant to bring the EU anywhere near me, given the abundance of misinformation, many and subjective variables and inconsistent everything. Nevertheless, you act as if you're well informed. I'd like you to put the knowledge on the table. It's better then circular arguments every three days that do fuck all, isn't it?
Reading a thinner book

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 13, 2013, 08:11:36 am »

Take note of the prior edit :P- that doesn't fit with the mood of the piece, so just take it as the usual conciliatory emoticon please. It's as you've said. I can go to wikipedia if i want a basic understanding, hopefully an accurate one. I want an in depth understanding, so i can do better then pretending to know what I'm talking about. I understand why MetalSlimeHunt is hesitant to bring the EU anywhere near me, given the abundance of misinformation, many and subjective variables and inconsistent everything. Nevertheless, you act as if you're well informed. I'd like you to put the knowledge on the table. It's better then circular arguments every three days that do fuck all, isn't it?

Why don't you inform yourself by reading wikipedia and other articles on the subject like we did? Watching the news? Watching videos on youtube? That's how we're "so well informed". I regularly spend about 10 minutes at a time doing that when I want to understand subjects in the American Politics thread. The way you come in and ask us to put the knowledge on the table for you at your whim because you can't be arsed looking it up yourself is just a bit irritating, is all. Also, if we want to have circular arguments, that should be our choice.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:14:11 am by Owlbread »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 13, 2013, 08:14:08 am »

Point is that wikipedia is a far better place to get a neutral idea of the sitation, which Bay12 certainly won't give.

Also, you need a basic understanding before people can discuss stuff; This is not a history class, after all.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #863 on: July 13, 2013, 08:18:34 am »

“Mae Cretiaid yn bobl gelwyddog
— bwystfilod drwg ydyn nhw,
pobl farus a diog!”

Freaking Welsh, man. How does it go extradimensional?
On a similar note, in all of my life the Welsh are the only people from whom I've heard "soap-using" said as an insult. Freaking Welsh man.

Point is that wikipedia is a far better place to get a neutral idea of the sitation, which Bay12 certainly won't give.
Nope, Wikipedia has paid groups of people whose jobs it is to go around editing information that supports their cause and isn't obvious enough to be deleted. Plus there also the general idiots who make tiny changes in information, such as those who say De Lavoisier was born after he died and so on.
General encylopedias, first hand sources - golden pools of knowledge regarding world situations.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 13, 2013, 08:20:08 am »

“Mae Cretiaid yn bobl gelwyddog
— bwystfilod drwg ydyn nhw,
pobl farus a diog!”

Freaking Welsh, man. How does it go extradimensional?
On a similar note, in all of my life the Welsh are the only people from whom I've heard "soap-using" said as an insult. Freaking Welsh man.

Chan eil Cuimris cho ecstradimensionach/ath-tomadail. Tha mi a smaoineachadh gu bheil Gaidhlig nas miosa.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:47:06 am by Owlbread »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 13, 2013, 08:21:48 am »

I do. I watch the youtube videos, i attempt to look for other sources, i keep tabs on news sites, etc. I have also had some success with first hand knowledge on this site. I remember a thread a few months ago with Gervassen and Redking discussing China, where i learned a good bit. On the science thread, I've gotten some helpful answers about the relationship between military and civilian researchers. I could have the latter on a science forum, i could have found the former on a ex-patriots forum, but if both are in the same place and people are willing to talk then I'll exploit it. I have come into some spare time now, so I'll be able to do some more of my own research, but if i can convince someone into giving me a succinct explanation to specific (though i admit they can be quite broad) questions in a time saving manner then i don't see why not. Questions can start discussions, after all.

This is the, say, 5th time in 2 months where I've given you the exact same reasons for why I'm doing what I'm doing. If you just think it's annoying and dont want to have to justify that, please say.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:30:07 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 13, 2013, 08:43:43 am »

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:47:46 am by Owlbread »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 13, 2013, 08:47:18 am »

I'm sorry, I'm too busy trying to translate Wang Chung's "Dance Hall Days" into Gaelic.

heh
Reading a thinner book

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 13, 2013, 08:48:42 am »

Have you learned Gaelic as a second language or are you a native speaker?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:26 am »

How can something so geographically approximate to English be so...not English? Freaking German is easier for me to translate than that!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1393