Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1745896 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6270 on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:00 pm »

*Shrugs*

The monarchy is pretty advantageous, and it's a patriotic thing.

[/shrug]

The advantages of the monarchy are debatable. Not enough research has been done on the matter to give a truly definitive answer. Also, it is possible to be a British patriot and Republican. I can think of many people who fit that bill.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:37 pm »

He's incorrect in that video. The cost he quotes is the Crown Office's statement of £40 million, which is ludicrous because it doesn't take 24/7 security into account, or the revenue lost from the Duchies of Lancaster and Cornwall. Republic, an organisation which obviously campaigns for Republicanism in the UK, estimates the cost as being 5 times that number - specifically over £200 million.

But the stuff about tourism is pseudo-intellectual, fuzzy tosh with no evidence provided. The majority of British castles are ruins, and the ones where the Queen actually stays (e.g. Windsor Castle) rank well behind our other tourist attractions. If it was included in this list it would come 24th. I'd also like to see some evidence to show that "Americans don't go to European castles because they smell of wee and there's no real Royals living in them".
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:49:28 pm by Owlbread »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: June 04, 2014, 04:02:24 pm »

united kingdom

kingdoms of england and scotland
Do you even countries.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: June 04, 2014, 04:26:02 pm »

united kingdom

Do you even countries.

He's correct though.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:33 pm »

united kingdom

Do you even countries.
He's correct though.
But it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Neither the Kingdom of England nor the Kingdom of Scotland included any of Ireland.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:22:02 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: June 04, 2014, 05:23:33 pm »

But it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Neither the Kingdom of England nor the Kingdom of Scotland included any of Ireland.

I see. Forgive me. "Great Britain" was the union of the Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England, named after the island that we share. Northern Ireland and Great Britain together are what make up the United Kigndom.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: June 04, 2014, 06:37:28 pm »

It's called the United Kingdom because it united the thrones of Scotland and England. Ireland came later.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: June 04, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »

All that Spain needs to do here : Grant independence to several regions and rename itself to Castilla

I would like to see an independent Andalucia, Basque Country, Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, Canary Islands and Leon. The Balearics, Valencia and French Catalonia should either be independent, or a part of a grand Paisos Catalans Federation. Navarre can decide whether to be independent or join Basque Country.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: June 05, 2014, 01:22:23 am »

All that Spain needs to do here : Grant independence to several regions and rename itself to Castilla

I would like to see an independent Andalucia, Basque Country, Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, Canary Islands and Leon. The Balearics, Valencia and French Catalonia should either be independent, or a part of a grand Paisos Catalans Federation. Navarre can decide whether to be independent or join Basque Country.
Heh.  How would you divide Russia? :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: June 05, 2014, 01:33:59 am »

Into 2 parts: Moscow and Russia.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: June 05, 2014, 01:38:14 am »

I'd think the most economical way would be with either a wall or a canal. The latter might even be a positive for the economy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:59 am »

Something tells me that if Owlbread would be allowed to divide Russia, the end result would look like the game map of Supreme Ruler 2020:

...or it will look like the experiment I've made in one of my favourite strategy games, Victoria 2 recently (if anyone cares, which is unlikely):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: June 05, 2014, 07:08:24 am »

Now this is a very good question. Guardian G.I. is on the mark but I would have to spend some time writing it out.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 1393