Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747811 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #16815 on: May 25, 2015, 04:20:32 am »

2025: After a last defeat, the o Party loose its last letter and cease to exist. The others parties feast on what was Labour's corpse. The SNLaP, Toryur and UKIboP are gearing up for the next general election. (The Green party decided to be vegetarian)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16816 on: May 25, 2015, 04:41:47 am »

They grow in power with letters

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: May 25, 2015, 06:15:44 am »

So, apparently Podemos and another new party had a strong showing in Spain's election. Anyone got good news about this?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: May 25, 2015, 07:28:17 am »

Well, that other party did well, I guess :P

Bad news from Poland, by the way: Duda beat Komorowski, Kaczyński may come back.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16819 on: May 25, 2015, 07:39:07 am »

RIP in peace muh nation, we northwest brussels now. Though at the very least, it is pleasing to see when the politics of enemies confound one another; they may take my freedom, but they will never take my degeneracy - NSA knows I love me some degeneracy, and probably hates me for it too.
Also dat childhood corrosion, I remember that - even set it as my screensaver. Literally, just giant floating blocky texts saying childhood corrosion. It's a blatant attempt at controlling the internet where anti-piracy failed... Though I wonder, what would Westminster gain from controlling British discourse? The ability to once and for all end shitposters? There is a strategy beyond controlling discourse, but what is it?

And on a happier note, councils have begun shutting done sleuths of CCTV due to budget cuts. BUDGET CUTS IMPROVING STUFF AND POLITICIANS GETTING REKT FOR LYING, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!
>implying you can stop shitposting

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16820 on: May 25, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »

But what you don't grasp, my dear miauw62, is that they're doing it
>for free

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: May 25, 2015, 07:36:32 pm »

Shitposting has changed.
It's no longer about memes, ideologies, or waifus.
It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by Chinese human spambots and bad gorilla advertisers.
Shitposting - and its consumption of the internet - has become a well-oiled machine.
Shitposting has changed.
ID-tagged posters carry ID-tagged images, use ID-tagged message boards.
Glasswear inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities.
Content control. Irony control. Emotion control. Meme control.
Everything is monitored and kept under perverted intelligence agencies.
Shitposting has changed.
The age of wild fun has become the age of nihilism...
...all in the name of averting catastrophe from social justice warriors.
And he who controls the message boards...controls skeletons.
Shitposting...has changed.
When the internet is under total control, posting becomes spooky.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: May 25, 2015, 09:11:49 pm »

skeletons...

...spooky.

u have been spooked by a spooky skeleton.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16823 on: May 26, 2015, 02:01:25 am »

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: May 26, 2015, 11:12:43 am »

I, too, can ironically shitpost. but has anything interesting happened in Euro politics after the UK election?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: May 26, 2015, 11:30:44 am »

Apart from Cameron definitely going to be met with massive resistance when he tries to bargain special terms for the UK (if that even counts as news)?
Some stuff in Eastern Europe but I didn't take much of it in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16826 on: May 26, 2015, 12:40:43 pm »

We wait till Yurop referendums, terrorist attacks, slavs, economy crashes and mericans stir things up a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: May 26, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »

Russia has, unexpectedly announced a 4 day training mission, which includes 250 aircraft and 12000 men, plus live cruise missile strikes on public targets in the Komi Republic.
Putin has stated that this is a 'surprise inspection mission' to test if the troops are ready for sudden unexpected deployment. According to press agencies Interfax and Tass, more than 700 heavy weapons are included in the operation.

It is probably no coincidence that this operation starts at the same day, this week, that the NATO operation Acrtic Freedom Excersise will start. This is a 6 day joint force training mission in the far north of Europe, which has been planned in the light of increasing tensions in the Ukraine, as well as the global trend of increased interest in the oil and gas reserves beneath the north pole. The NATO operation will include 100 aircraft and 4000 men.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: May 26, 2015, 01:53:05 pm »

Russia has, unexpectedly announced a 4 day training mission, which includes 250 aircraft and 12000 men, plus live cruise missile strikes on public targets in the Komi Republic.
Putin has stated that this is a 'surprise inspection mission' to test if the troops are ready for sudden unexpected deployment. According to press agencies Interfax and Tass, more than 700 heavy weapons are included in the operation.

It is probably no coincidence that this operation starts at the same day, this week, that the NATO operation Acrtic Freedom Excersise will start. This is a 6 day joint force training mission in the far north of Europe, which has been planned in the light of increasing tensions in the Ukraine, as well as the global trend of increased interest in the oil and gas reserves beneath the north pole. The NATO operation will include 100 aircraft and 4000 men.

IIRC its hosted half by Sweden. Finland also takes part with 16 F/A-18s although does not take part to the live ground-air munitions part in Sweden.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: May 26, 2015, 01:56:02 pm »

IIRC its hosted half by Sweden. Finland also takes part with 16 F/A-18s although does not take part to the live ground-air munitions part in Sweden.
Correct, it's hosted by Finland and Sweden, and 6 NATO countries, amongst which my own little speck of a country partake in the excercise.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1393