Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1747851 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #14610 on: January 23, 2015, 05:47:57 am »

So who's on that list? Berlusconi, Kim-Jong-Un, Bush... Putin?
I don't think Putin is on that list. While he is generally disliked I don't see many people making fun of him. If he is a clown, he seems to be a scary one.
Taste my Paci-Fist

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: January 23, 2015, 06:10:47 am »

No-one in their right mind would ever make fun of Uncle Volodya. He fights for peace, and brings gifts to poor children. He is the last hope of civilization in this degenerate world.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: January 23, 2015, 06:45:16 am »

But nipples!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: January 23, 2015, 06:47:49 am »

The Nipples of Vova are a cornucopia of pristine, sacred OIL. Do not mock them!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: January 23, 2015, 06:58:45 am »

Mocking Bad Vlad has a high correlation with polonium poisoning and/or long visits to Syberia. Just something to keep in mind
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: January 23, 2015, 07:13:28 am »

Exactly. Sheb should recant his allusive remark before someone offers him a nice cup of tea.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: January 23, 2015, 07:26:01 am »

Mocking Bad Vlad has a high correlation with polonium poisoning and/or long visits to Syberia. Just something to keep in mind
So, you'll be searching for surviving mammoths with a clockwork automaton and an old eccentric inventor? :P
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: January 23, 2015, 09:35:54 am »

That is wonderful.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #14618 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:20 am »

Well played, Guardian, well played.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14620 on: January 24, 2015, 08:59:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In more recent news what do you all think about ScotLab's recent blunder?
UK Labour leader Ed Miliband has not been consulted on the policy, but Mr Murphy said he is sure it will meet with his approval and be welcomed by the vast majority of people in England where much of the tax burden will fall.
“I'm the Scottish Labour Party leader - I'm just doing what I think is best for Scotland,” he told the Press Association.
“I think it is right and fair that we tax properties worth over £2 million across the UK - a small number are in Scotland but the vast majority are in London and the South East.
“It is then fair that you share that tax across the country, and it just so happens that Scotland would get an enormous boost from that.
“I think it's popular in Scotland and I think it will also be popular in the vast areas all across the UK.
“I accept people who live in houses worth over £2 million - not all of them will be convinced, but I think most people will be.”
He added: “I think in the South East the vast majority of people, and I don't want to speak for them, understand that when times are tough, rather than increase the taxes on the middle classes this is a fairer way of doing it and in Scotland you get the double advantage.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-will-use-mansion-tax-in-london-to-fund-1000-scottish-nurses-9960202.html

Cue laughing Salmons as Labour are caught between pissing off their considerable Scottish support or their considerable London support. The 'mansion tax' hits middle class Londoners who have a zone 1&2 house but little in the way of anything else, be it in salary or liquid assets, and the vast majority of people who will be taxed will be Londoners leading to many accusing Milipede of trying to make London pay an SNP levy to try and stave off obliteration with an ill-thought out tax.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: January 24, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

It's actually not a blunder. It was a very calculated move on the part of Jim Murphy to deliberately undermine Ed Miliband and establish his own independence as a political leader.

You see, the departing Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont called the Labour Party in Scotland "a branch office" that has to do basically anything London Labour says. Which it is, of course, but Jim Murphy is trying to prove her wrong by trying to cut his own path in whatever way he can. Part of that was the mansion tax thing. By arguing that a Labour government should use the funds received from the so-called mansion tax to recruit 1000 more Scottish nurses, he's both asserting his own independence from Ed Miliband (it goes against the grain of Ed's proposals) and also encouraging Scots to see potential benefits from the union i.e. situations like this where English money can be used to fund projects in Scotland (possibly exploiting anti-Englishness in the process). It encourages us to think of ourselves as people that can be helped by a London Labour government - rather than a country regaining a tiny proportion of the money we actually send to England through taxation.

It's complicated, I know, but you need to understand it's not a mistake - Murphy is actually being very sneaky indeed. Of course, this all took place quite a while ago now (at least, it feels like that) and it hasn't made a dent in the SNP's popularity juggernaut so Jim's been contorting himself in all sorts of ways in a bid to appear somehow non-Unionist and non-traditional Blairite Scottish Labour. He even said at one point (I'm not joking) something like "I'm from a Roman Catholic Irish background, Unionism isn't in my political creed", which is an enormous about-face when you contrast him now with the way he was during the independence campaign (shouting about the evil SNP through a microphone at old ladies). Mr. Murphy is still the Scottish face of Blairism, that hasn't changed. The fact that he was chief whip during the Iraq War vote haunts him to this day. He can't escape his past.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:49:43 am by Owlbread »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14622 on: January 24, 2015, 10:05:22 am »

That's a convincing argument; at least I'm convinced. 'Diane Abbott attacks 'unscrupulous' Jim Murphy over Mansion Tax Plan.' senior LonLab supposedly sees it that way too. I'm not sure if Scottish Labour really does do anything London Labour says though, since no one listens to Miliband anyways.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: January 24, 2015, 10:09:55 am »

I think Miliband is a non-entity. There are other grandees pulling the strings that Scottish Labour listen to. The Scottish Labour representatives were never off the phone to their London masters during the latest devolution negotiations - constantly consulting with them whenever anything was agreed.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: January 24, 2015, 10:30:35 am »

I think Miliband is a non-entity. There are other grandees

Slightly off topic: I find the pronounciation of grandee somewhat amusing.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1393