Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 874549 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins! Merry Christmas!
« Reply #16036 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:51 pm »

A very little bit. What are you trying to do?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins! Merry Christmas!
« Reply #16037 on: December 30, 2013, 10:11:21 pm »

Well, I ran across a Fire Emblem creation kit called FEXP, so the only logical thing to do was get RPG Maker XP and remake FEF. Clearly.

I've figured out how to make a new map and how to put down tiles. That's about it so far.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: December 30, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »

Well, I ran across a Fire Emblem creation kit called FEXP, so the only logical thing to do was get RPG Maker XP and remake FEF. Clearly.

I've figured out how to make a new map and how to put down tiles. That's about it so far.
Logical. Yes.

And you're about as far as I got :P
Oh, I managed to add entries to the database, characters and spells and stuff. I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to things like scripting though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: December 30, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »

I know Reudh, Solifuge, and Neonivek have experience with rpgmaker,that's the only useful info I have though.

Oh apparently SC knows a bit according to forum search. Maybe he could help.
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: December 30, 2013, 11:52:35 pm »

Oh, that. I'd be willing to help if time allowed. You're working with a REALLY EXTENSIVE script-base. Fancy stuff!

Anyone want to make a shared Dropbox folder where we store the campaign files?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: December 31, 2013, 01:22:18 am »

I may have said RMXP and totally meant RM2K. I'm not sure they're the same thing, or if what little I remember would even apply. That said, I would be willing to give it a shot if FFS - who is the better choice of assistant of the two of us, as he knows actual programming stuff :P - doesn't have time.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: December 31, 2013, 07:03:34 am »

RPG2k has event-based scripting.
RPGXP is both event-based and actually has scripting language called Ruby.
Never heard of FEXP, though.

In RPGXP I've done everything from database shenanigans to in-game cutscenes. However Ruby is black magic to me like any kind of programming.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: December 31, 2013, 05:50:01 pm »

I'm processing the turn approximately 20 hours from now. If you have to, post for SC.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: December 31, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »

Crap, I forgot to notice Derick moved to the wrong spot. You wanted to move in front of D, not to the side of D and in front of A, so we could still get two people on A. :(

Also hey, I never noticed/forgot that Marpa had Charisma too. That's handy.

Okay, number crunch.

With his switchblade, Chris can double the sentry for 20 damage total, 96% hit and 5% crit chance each time.
With Nosferatu, Riven can hit the sentry for 24, 78% hit and no crit chance. She'd heal to full if she did hit.
With her broadsword, Marpa can hit the sentry for 18, 77% hit and 1% crit.

If the archer counterattacks, she can hit Chris for 18 damage 71% of the time, with a 5% crit chance.
Riven she can hit for 18 damage 67% of the time, with an 8% crit chance.
Marpa she can hit for 10 damage 82% of the time, with a 2% crit chance.

EDIT: By counterattacks, I mainly mean survive to next round and retaliate, though having Riven attack from range and eating a counter so that Marpa can still get next to her and hopefully finish her off is an option.

So my general opinion is to send Riven in for the point-blank lifesteal, but Marpa's also a good option, especially if we want Riven to keep giving +10 Hit/Evade to the chokepoint. Chris isn't very tanky and can't do much against that padded armor, so I'd recommend leaving him in back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:12:25 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: December 31, 2013, 07:22:53 pm »

Nah, that was intentional.  I suggested it earlier since anyone who goes after A is also in range of Elite Guard B.  It'll be bad enough with Derick and Chris, our dodgy sword-wielders, front and center.  Charisma only applies to allies, not the owner; putting Riven in melee range would be...painful, so to speak. 

EDIT:
Thinking about it further, Riven can't be killed by a single hit even if she misses at range, and connecting will eliminate Sentry A as well without a response should Chris go in first and soften her up.  That's true whether Nosferatu or Flux is used; Flux deals 2 less damage and gives another 10% hit chance, but with 38 HP, the damage loss is irrelevant. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:27:35 pm by Culise »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: December 31, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »

Sounds like a master plan to me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: December 31, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »

Nah, that was intentional.  I suggested it earlier since anyone who goes after A is also in range of Elite Guard B.  It'll be bad enough with Derick and Chris, our dodgy sword-wielders, front and center.  Charisma only applies to allies, not the owner; putting Riven in melee range would be...painful, so to speak. 

EDIT:
Thinking about it further, Riven can't be killed by a single hit even if she misses at range, and connecting will eliminate Sentry A as well without a response should Chris go in first and soften her up.  That's true whether Nosferatu or Flux is used; Flux deals 2 less damage and gives another 10% hit chance, but with 38 HP, the damage loss is irrelevant.
Riven's in range of Marpa who also has it, though. She's actually got slightly more evasion and the same DEF as Chris at the moment. 4 more HP as well, but she is poisoned.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: December 31, 2013, 09:24:11 pm »

Ah, that is so.  Mea culpa, I suppose. ^_^;;

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: December 31, 2013, 10:44:24 pm »

Er... go ahead and post for me. I kind of don't know what the plan is. ^^^; Whatever you guys think is best for Chris to do, is what he will do this turn. I'll try to get in line with this next turn. Really, really sorry. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1249