Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 879147 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #2640 on: April 27, 2013, 10:14:35 pm »

I think that's everything. Thoughts?
I still say going west is unnecessary (except possibly for plot, but even then I'd remain at the temple) and the only reason to go east is in case that axeman leaves his allies behind to rush the house up there. Any other action and we'll have plenty of warning as they slog through the trees.

It's humorous how possibly the most evil country sends a small army with only shamans as mages while Eor's militia (who were in no way evil) had a troubadour and a monk instead. Just something I noticed :)

This isn't their whole invasion force against us.

Something that people seem to miss, is that the map is not the entire city. ICly, I'm sure other Berebians are assaulting the city in other areas as well, but we're not actively part of that combat.
We're still 3/3 from the members we've seen, though. I suppose the fact that the leader is a shaman might skew that, since he might be paired with like magical underlings, but then you've still got to account for the leader being a shaman. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: April 27, 2013, 10:20:51 pm »

I still say going west is unnecessary (except possibly for plot, but even then I'd remain at the temple) and the only reason to go east is in case that axeman leaves his allies behind to rush the house up there. Any other action and we'll have plenty of warning as they slog through the trees.
I'm anticipating reinforcements arriving from the north-west, as the boss probably won't move unless we've obliterated a decent amount of his soldiers or not at all. Moving to the west and cornering them in the tightest bottleneck we can will hold them up (assuming I'm not just being overly-paranoid).

Your argument about the east makes sense, but from an IC standpoint it does make sense to make sure that flank is covered as well as possible.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: April 27, 2013, 10:22:17 pm »

I don't know, bottle necking that point can't be a bad thing. Besides, CharGreg probably has the best combat stats all-round on account of their support bonuses. Who better to handle the boss (since we don't have a light user)?

Ninjitsuuuuuuuu~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: April 27, 2013, 10:28:21 pm »

Potential issue: there are no rules for status effects in the handbook, and the boss has a poison-causing Carrion.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: April 27, 2013, 10:31:14 pm »

Potential issue: there are no rules for status effects in the handbook, and the boss has a poison-causing Carrion.
According to FE wiki, Poison damage on FE7 and FE8 goes from 1-5 for 5 turns. So I guess he will just need to roll 1 to 5.
Edit: I also want that Carrion because it is a awesome magic, even if it lacks accurace. Or at least get a Worm tome later..

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: April 27, 2013, 10:34:49 pm »

I do like how despite the low accuracy of Dark Magic, the shamans all have a Hit of over 100...
(For reference, Gregor's best Hit is 99 with an Iron Lance)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: April 27, 2013, 10:37:13 pm »

According to FE wiki, Poison damage on FE7 and FE8 goes from 1-5 for 5 turns. So I guess he will just need to roll 1 to 5.
Edit: I also want that Carrion because it is a awesome magic, even if it lacks accurace. Or at least get a Worm tome later..

As I understand it, you could get it if Daniel dealt the final blow to the boss?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: April 27, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

Ugh. I've had weather issues for most of the afternoon (no power >.<) so naturally this is the time a fight starts and both threads blow up. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: April 27, 2013, 10:41:19 pm »

Wait, that only works for unequipped items. However, I did find this tidbit:

Goddess Icon    +3 LCK on use // Only Elite Lancer A!

Holy shit, Daniel can steal that from the west lancer!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: April 27, 2013, 10:41:53 pm »

As I understand it, you could get it if Daniel dealt the final blow to the boss?

Why specifically Daniel? ._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:24 pm »

Don't enemies usually drop that sort of thing on death? They do in the games, IIRC.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:36 pm »

I'm anticipating reinforcements arriving from the north-west, as the boss probably won't move unless we've obliterated a decent amount of his soldiers or not at all. Moving to the west and cornering them in the tightest bottleneck we can will hold them up (assuming I'm not just being overly-paranoid).
That might be a good point, actually. I'm sure we'll get reinforcements from somewhere, so the boss and his lone bodyguard might be a good place for it.

Eh? According to the book thieves can only steal unequipped items.

!!!

Don't enemies usually drop that sort of thing on death? They do in the games, IIRC.
Oh, yeah. That too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 27, 2013, 10:43:33 pm »

Doesn't look like that. Compare that item to this one:

Pure Water      (3/3) [DROP] // Only Archer A!

Goddess Icon isn't tagged [DROP] so I'm assuming Daniel needs to steal it.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 27, 2013, 10:45:02 pm »

Do I need to remind you that same guy is using a killer lance? It won't be easy to just get there and steal it.

Edit: Dear god, they are using Worm, the most accurate dread magic, besides having crit rare.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: April 27, 2013, 10:46:26 pm »

WE MUST HAVE IT.

Who gets it though? Do we draw lots, or does one of us have an abysmal luck growth and the good will of their peers?

Do I need to remind you that same guy is using a killer lance? It won't be easy to just get there and steal it.

Nevertheless. We must. Permanent stat boosts are too useful to let slip away.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1249