Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Six-Person Chess: Red (Loud Whispers)'s Turn  (Read 17587 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Six-Person Chess, Anyone?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 06:25:35 am »

My god, this looks like the Bughouse type of chess I used to play, except there's three on each team and even more, specialized pieces...

I will be watching this with great interest.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:56 am »

Two suggestions: Each team moves at once. As in RB&Y would all move, then GO&P would all move.

(2) Make Dariush Black or some other colour. On the other hand you could darken up the colours of the board. Maybe a nice light brown vs black diagonal thing. It'll make it easier to see diagonals.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:25 pm »

Two suggestions: Each team moves at once. As in RB&Y would all move, then GO&P would all move.
Any simultaneous movements are going to be nigh impossible with how each person's turn could affect other players'. I'll reconsider turn order after this game, though.

(2) Make Dariush Black or some other colour. On the other hand you could darken up the colours of the board. Maybe a nice light brown vs black diagonal thing. It'll make it easier to see diagonals.
I'll give the background change a shot.

Anyways.

-----

Board 1:

Board 2:

Board 3:

Doomblade's turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:37 pm »

If you are using Excel, select all the cells that are part of the board, hit format, go to border, and turn on the borders. It'll help.

Edit: Select necessary cells > Right-click > Format Cells > Select the "Borders" tab > Select Outline and Inside > Profit

Furthermore using a slightly darker grey for diagonals will be a pain but will help a bit for the players to see where the diagonals exist. If that makes sense.

Sorry if it seems like I'm complaining. I'm really not.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:22:45 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 11:36:55 pm »

I'm actually using Google Drive.

I'd make the checkered pattern, but the way I'm moving the pieces is to drag cells. It seems like recoloring cells after every piece moves to a differently-colored cell would be...a bit of a pain. Maybe once I get this running smoothly and updating regularly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 12:07:34 am »

Posting to watch. Now we just need a Taikyoku Shogi game.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 12:30:57 am »

C8 to C7
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:40 am »

Can't you just share the Drive doc and let us observe the game without you having to manually screenshot every board every turn?

Also, I still don't like my color, and now I additionally don't like the green one. Maybe you should do a bogstandard white-versus-black-on-brown-field, since only two colours may ever be present on the same board?

And answer my ten questions already, FFS. I mean please.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:54:06 am by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 09:11:20 am »

Posting to watch. Now we just need a Taikyoku Shogi game.
It would be kinda boring for all non-participants, as the majority of two-people forum games are.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 04:17:06 pm »

Can't you just share the Drive doc and let us observe the game without you having to manually screenshot every board every turn?
Probably. I'm just not sure how; I've never tried. Besides, this seemed more convenient for you guys.

Also, I still don't like my color, and now I additionally don't like the green one. Maybe you should do a bogstandard white-versus-black-on-brown-field, since only two colours may ever be present on the same board?
That seems a bit dull...but I will if I must. Although I just got an idea...

And answer my ten questions already, FFS. I mean please.
I missed those somehow. So that's what you've been talking about...

And while I'm here,
1. Can Dragon jump over multiple pieces at once?
2. Does Fool's ability have any effect on anybody except pawns and scouts?
3. Can Sorcerer capture the piece if it moved the full three spaces? (I'll term this capture-after-movement special-capture for brevity)
4. Can Sorcerer special-capture pieces in all eight directions?
5. Does Sorcerer move to the captured piece's tile after special-capturing?
6. Can Summoner summon pawns in all eight directions?
7. Same question regarding the Wizard's action: can he affect any space that's reachable by three or less king-moves, any space reachable by a single Wizard's move, any space reachable by a single Queen's move, any space that's reachable by exactly three king-moves, any space exactly three spaces distant diagonally or any space exactly three spaces distant in one of the eight directions?
8. Is there any limit on the transforming into pawns (time limit, numbers limit or something else)?
9. Do the summoned pawns last forever (until capturing, that is)?
10. Is there any limit on the number of summoned pawns simultaneously in play?
1. Yes.
2. Huh? It doesn't let pawns/scouts move in retrograde advances, it causes the pieces it captures to move to the ally other than the normal one.
3. Yes. The Sorcerer's capturing ability is part of the normal capture, not a special ability replacing movement like the other spellcasters' abilities are.
4. Yes.
5. Yes. It's just normal capturing.
6. Yes.
7. Three or less king-moves. A seven-by-seven square, I suppose.
8. No.
9. Unless promoted, yes. And after that they're just not pawns.
10. Yes. There can't be more than 100 per board...actually, 90, because the last row would get promoted. No, wait, it wouldn't, there's something to fix next version. 99 pawns per board, the Summoner needs a square. But no practical limit, no.
Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 04:45:50 am »

What if the board is filled up with pawns and one of your teammates captures a piece?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 09:42:35 am »

Uh... your description of the Sorcerer capture seems self-contradicting. You say that it's a normal capture, but it can be used in eight directions while the piece itself can only move in four diagonals. So what is it?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 10:21:06 am »

From my understandin: The sorcerer moves three spaces diaghonally, and may capture by displacing a piece, as per normal. If it ends it's turn orthoganally or diagonally adjacent to a piece and has not captured yet this turn, it may then immediatly capture that piece and take it's position.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 12:51:57 pm »

From my understandin: The sorcerer moves three spaces diaghonally, and may capture by displacing a piece, as per normal. If it ends it's turn orthoganally or diagonally adjacent to a piece and has not captured yet this turn, it may then immediatly capture that piece and take it's position.
But only once.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 04:46:03 pm »

What if the board is filled up with pawns and one of your teammates captures a piece?
Beats me.

Uh... your description of the Sorcerer capture seems self-contradicting. You say that it's a normal capture, but it can be used in eight directions while the piece itself can only move in four diagonals. So what is it?
...Um...
Sure, let's go with that.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22