Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 89

Author Topic: Pathfinder Non-Sequential - Girlinhat is your DM!  (Read 92098 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) Girlinhat is your DM!
« Reply #570 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21:01 am »

*Also waiting for drop out*
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 20, 2013, 11:51:51 am »

You 6.  PM me your available schedules and I'll see if another day isn't available.
You mean all of us that are presently in the game?
What other 6 would I mean?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 20, 2013, 11:54:01 am »

I am only missing this Saturday.  Future Saturday's I'm free.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 20, 2013, 12:02:36 pm »

GirlInHat,
Let's be honest - with 6 and an internet game, where physically bullying people into attending your sessions is impossible, I would expect at least one person to be absent every session, and pleasantly surprised at any session that includes all 6 of them. Assume out of the next 12 games, a given person can insure they make 11 of them. That's pretty good - that means that in 3 months (assuming a weekly game), they have only one emergency, scheduling conflict, or weekend vacation away from the computer or even a lapse in memory (remember, this is on the internet - you probably won't get their phone numbers, and delivering reminders thus becomes an act of hoping they check whatever delivery service they use for reminders in time).

You have 6 players, (plus yourself), so that means even given those rosy expectations, more than half your games will be missing someone. It wouldn't be too unexpected for them to missing 2 or even 3 players occasionally either. Realistically, that's just how it is.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2013, 12:05:58 pm »

Give XP bonuses to the guys that don't skip sessions  :P

also yeah i'm pumped up for next saturday. We can move the session, but canceling it due to people dropping seems unfair.

although a session with only 2 players seems a bit of a waste.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:10:21 pm by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 20, 2013, 12:09:26 pm »

5pm GMT would be about 11pm CST, if I'm doing the right maths, and having the game start at midnight (let's be honest with ourselves) is a little unmanagable.

As much as I hate to say it, this may become a strictly US game simply because scheduling is a valid issue.

Also Glyph is right, but if we can get everyone on, more's the better.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 20, 2013, 12:11:17 pm »

You have 6 players, (plus yourself), so that means even given those rosy expectations, more than half your games will be missing someone. It wouldn't be too unexpected for them to missing 2 or even 3 players occasionally either. Realistically, that's just how it is.

Hell, this is how it often is even when you're doing live table top roleplaying.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:10 pm »

5pm GMT would be about 11pm CST, if I'm doing the right maths, and having the game start at midnight (let's be honest with ourselves) is a little unmanagable.

As much as I hate to say it, this may become a strictly US game simply because scheduling is a valid issue.

Also Glyph is right, but if we can get everyone on, more's the better.

Hey, i'm the only one in the different timezone, so it makes sense I should be the one awake at 4am.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »

That would actually be 11AM CST

Which is much worse.

Seriously though, (most) of us are adults or at least around there.  We got shit we need to do and it's a sad fact but getting together at the same time every week for magical fantasy roleplaying isn't in the cards for many people.
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 20, 2013, 12:17:56 pm »

Or we could make smaller sessions in the week, maybe.

Or just be done with sessions altogether and play a turn when we can, but it'll cause quite a lot of problems.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 20, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »

PBP is awful.  It's the worst.  And I can't do it in the week.
Shoes...

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 20, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »

I was perfectly okay with starting a game at 12:00 AM on Saturdays (my country's time) and I'm still perfectly okay with that schedule. Saturdays are for sleeping late (or not sleeping at all sometimes). Most people work 5 or 6 days out of 7 so I don't really see any other schedule that could work. I mean, if you work all the time or are very busy, then why did you join a game that requires you to be active?

We can just have the two missing PCs disappear (they had a fight and kept fighting until next week) and play the game normally. It's not like 2 or 3 people are going to miss the game without a proper explanation every session.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:38:40 pm by Leatra »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 20, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »

I was perfectly okay with starting a game at 12:00 AM on Saturdays (my country's time) and I'm still perfectly okay with that schedule. Saturdays are for sleeping late (or not sleeping at all sometimes). Most people work 5 or 6 days out of 7 so I don't really see any other schedule that could work. I mean, if you work all the time or are very busy, then why did you join a game that requires you to be active?
This is, unfortunately, the stance I'm gonna have to take.  PbP games are awfully because I can see a single 'round' of combat taking a whole week.

DnD is a time-intensive game.  If you don't have time, that's unfortunate...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 20, 2013, 12:42:07 pm »

I have plenty of time at the times I said when I posted my schedule.  This is a one-time thing.
Shoes...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 20, 2013, 12:43:49 pm »

Well then PM it to me so I can have it all in one place and know what people are doing, instead of truddling through the thread and/or message box looking for it.

You too Leatra.  I want to know your normal schedule.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 89