Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820124 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party
« Reply #9510 on: November 13, 2014, 04:01:57 am »

This is actually a brilliant angle to push legalization within the US. Just tell Republicans that the UN has a convention against the recreational use of marijuana. Before you know it, they'll be sponsoring legislation to give Federal subsidies to pot growers, just to fuck with the UN.

I would not be surprised. I think if a Republican bill legalizes marijuana it will be one that does not put a lot of regulation on the amount that can be produced by one person or company, which I think are necessary to keep large politically influential corporations like RJ Reynolds out of pot legislation and business in order of importance. Not having enough regulations oddly would take away from an existing network of production and distribution that I would guess has potential to pay people involved in it better than RJ Reynolds does it's workers. In other words, better profit sharing.

I am for legalization but not in a way that mirrors the tobacco industry.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:49:22 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: November 14, 2014, 10:00:59 am »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: November 14, 2014, 10:10:39 am »

CNN mentioned that while talking about the upcoming immigration fight and I'm like *rolls eyes* 'here we go again' at it.

I wonder when the showdown over the debt ceiling will happen? I don't know how much stronger the tea party faction got and they're the ones who want to force the US to default (and throw the global economy into chaos).

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: November 14, 2014, 10:14:33 am »

CNN mentioned that while talking about the upcoming immigration fight and I'm like *rolls eyes* 'here we go again' at it.

I wonder when the showdown over the debt ceiling will happen? I don't know how much stronger the tea party faction got and they're the ones who want to force the US to default (and throw the global economy into chaos).

The Tea Party is starting to lose its power- this past election saw a lot of them lose their primaries. They're still a force to be reckoned with, but I don't think they'll have the power to force a shutdown.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: November 15, 2014, 04:04:13 am »

My opinion on the Tea Party is that they formed as a result of conservative fear of Obama and the closer he gets to leaving power the less and less relevant they become.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: November 19, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: November 19, 2014, 04:56:42 pm »

Shutdown over immigration possible.
Five days late, but over fucking immigration? Nationally, immigration is nowhere near critical enough of an issue to threaten shutdown over... I mean, I do despise executive orders pretty completely and I do agree we ought not go along with them because the executive branch is the executive branch, but to threaten shutdown again is just silly. The House is passing around shutdown threats like cheap cigars, and it's actually eye-roll-worthy.

(I care a lot less about the actual content of the immigration bill, I just hate the blurring of the branches. ...hmm, I suppose I ought to do some reading.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:01:25 pm by Powder Miner »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: November 19, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/19/politics/keystone-obama/

Keystone pipeline's dead. I never followed the issue closely, but it's making a good deal of stir in some of the places I frequent. Never understood what the problem was, myself. It sounds like a good idea on the surface.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: November 19, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »

Well, it's going to let Canada pumps millions of barrels of some of the dirtiest oil known to mankind?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:13 pm »

The House is passing around shutdown threats like cheap cigars, and it's actually eye-roll-worthy.

Well voters got so angry at republicans last time that they handed them a huge election victory.  With punishments like that I expect two or three shutdowns over the next couple years.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: November 19, 2014, 05:17:17 pm »

It's actually a bad thing that the republicans didn't win more seats than they did in an election that should've been a Red wave. All you have to do is look at the composition of the next batch of people coming up in 2016. And yes, the house is gerrymandered to hell and back so I honestly could care less about who's up for the next round as it'll still be 51% republicans seated.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:19:38 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: November 19, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »

They still won the vote pretty decisively.  Voters say they dont like shutdowns but when push comes to shove they punish democrats for republican obstruction.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: November 19, 2014, 05:20:35 pm »

Majority of voters =/= midterm turnout electorate
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: November 19, 2014, 05:21:50 pm »

Did I use the word majority?  Voters who might have voted democratic stayed home instead because they were disgusted with politics.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: November 19, 2014, 05:24:32 pm »

Or because alot of their senate candidates were disloyal folks who tried to turn Obama into a pariah while trying to pretend to be more republican than the folks they were running against instead of having principles, and helped fuel Democratic base [Obama] supporters not wanting to vote in the midterm that they were predisposed not to vote in anyway. You know the midterm electorate is R++. The fact that republicans couldn't get even 54 seats is rather telling with the Democrats literally trying their hardest to hand over a supermajority this time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:28:36 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 667