Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820471 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor Norton's Imperial Politics Megathread
« Reply #7020 on: June 13, 2014, 09:30:07 am »

I'm willing to accept that automatic weaponry has no large impact in the overall number of weapon crimes.

Question still remains: Why do you need an automatic weapon. I can conceive no usefull/legal situation where you would need one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: June 13, 2014, 09:43:19 am »

Sports/hobbyist stuff, mostly. People don't need luxury/sport cars, either, but they're there for similar reasons.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: June 13, 2014, 09:47:04 am »

Yeah, the goal shouldn't be to ban everything unless people needs it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: June 13, 2014, 09:49:34 am »

Hell, even weapons where there are limited legal/useful situations are often banned for other considerations.

Punt guns are generally banned in the US for various reasons. My understanding is they are still effectively legal in the UK, but hard to use. As accounted here - after he blows away a pond's worth of birds (not explicitly shown, but the feathers...) - the odds are good of having a protected species in any given shot.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: June 13, 2014, 09:53:25 am »

Yeah, the goal shouldn't be to ban everything unless people needs it.
The Belgian Greens must be completely different from their German sister party...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:38 am »

42 Democrats have signed their name to giving Congress the right to muzzle the Sierra Club, to muzzle the the National Rifle Association and the Brady Center on Handgun Violence. To muzzle Michael Moore and Dinesh D’Souza. To muzzle the Teamsters and the National Education Association. To muzzle the NAACP. To muzzle the Anti-Defamation League. To muzzle pastors and priests and rabbis who organize their parishioners to be involved in politics.

um

that guy is going to explain how that is bad.

maybe the national education association, i know jack shit about it and wiki says it's a labor union, don't fuck with your labor unions it's not like you have many

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: June 13, 2014, 10:06:30 am »

i'm tempted to laugh at your assessment of the gun situation in the states but by all means, elaborate on how applying this principle to europe would benefit people

I am not applying this to Europe, I am talking about the United States. There has been a misunderstanding as I was not clear enough. Please find faults in my assessment of the full-auto situation in the USA though.

those who actually need them (law enforcement, gamekeepers, sportsmen, etc.) already have them available after all

This is not about need, as Sheb and Frumple have established.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: June 13, 2014, 10:12:13 am »

The text of the proposed amendment. The meat;
    ``Section 1. To advance the fundamental principle of political equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and electoral processes, Congress shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to Federal elections, including through setting limits on--
            ``(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, Federal office;
        and
            ``(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.

``Section 2. To advance the fundamental principle of political equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and electoral processes, each State shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to State elections, including through setting limits on--
            ``(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, State office;
        and
            ``(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.

``Section 3. Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press.

``Section 4. Congress and the States shall have power to implement and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.''.
SCOTUS Blog's account of the hearings. And for the case against, here's Heritage's freakout.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:16:34 am by palsch »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: June 13, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

Ted Cruz: Democrats are hell-bent on repealing the First Amendment
Hahahaha, man, it took like two-three extra links to actually find what the hell that was talking about, and then I find Cruz is equating kicking Citizen's United in the crotch and throttling campaign spending with repealing the first amendment. Shine on you crazy graft-humping asshole.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:47 am »

Grifters gotta grift.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: June 13, 2014, 10:25:38 am »

So, basically they're trying to delegalize institutional corruption lobbying ?

Or at least limit it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: June 13, 2014, 10:33:25 am »

No, this is just about campaign finance. Lobbying would be unaffected.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: June 13, 2014, 10:55:46 am »

Ted Cruz, you so crazy.....

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7034 on: June 13, 2014, 12:52:02 pm »

Yar, figured it had to do with spending. Unfortunately, that law would be challenged as soon as it hit the books- 'money is speech' after all.  ::)

Too bad poor people don't have a voice.

Spoiler: Shooter-sticks (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 667