Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819759 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Vote Kony 2016
« Reply #3810 on: October 22, 2013, 12:46:35 pm »

They haven't done that since 1988.
I checked that map. Damn there's lots that got painted red. The town, not the entire nation you loons!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: October 22, 2013, 12:56:37 pm »

I checked that map. Damn there's lots that got painted red. The town, not the entire nation you loons!

Luckily the electoral vote isn't determined by geographic area.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: October 22, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »

My favorite is 1984.  At least Mondale can say he kept Minnesota :D

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: October 22, 2013, 02:08:46 pm »

And meanwhile North Carolina and Virginia just get more liberal.

*looks at this quote*

*looks at the North Carolina legislature*

*looks at this quote again*

There's something screwy around here...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: October 22, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »

*looks at this quote*

The republicans gerrymandered the districts because of the 2010 wave?  Besides, I'm talking about trend, not current state.  Right now, North Carolina is more conservative than average (average in this case being Colorado).  But the trend is clearly in the liberal direction.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: October 22, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »

*looks at this quote*

The republicans gerrymandered the districts because of the 2010 wave?  Besides, I'm talking about trend, not current state.  Right now, North Carolina is more conservative than average (average in this case being Colorado).  But the trend is clearly in the liberal direction.
I'm reserving judgement until after the 2014 elections. While NC has long been one of the most progressive Southern states, the last 3 years have been a sea change in state politics. We didn't have a Republican-led legislature for 100 years after Reconstruction and my hope is that after 2014, we won't have one for another 100 years.

If they stay in power, I think it could be an indication that Tarheel Blue might have been a temporary phase.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: October 22, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »

I don't think the GOP will weather the storm. They seriously fumbled, especially on the fracking law, which is unpopular even among conservatives. They broke through the remains of the Southern Democrats just in time to turn a new generation of liberal bastards against them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: October 22, 2013, 03:43:06 pm »

I did some playing around with that 2016 map. Here are some interesting conclusions. In effect, the GOP is screwed unless the Democrats go full retard:

-If the Democrats win either Ohio or Florida, they win.
-If the Democrats can get Virginia or North Carolina and any other state presented as swing, they win.
-If the Democrats can get Colorado and Iowa and any other swing state, they win.
-The GOP can win in 2016. Here is the easiest way for them to do so: take Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, and either New Hampshire or Colorado. If they can persuade Iowa, Nevada or New Mexico to join them, the task becomes a bit easier; but as stated above, they cannot afford to lose a single big state.
-Ohio is, again, a keystone state. The GOP could take Georgia, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and New Hampshire- but if they lose Ohio, the Democrats win.
-If Arizona or Georgia turn blue, it is certainly a Republican loss. If Texas does, the GOP will probably go the way of the Whigs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:45:41 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: October 22, 2013, 03:46:52 pm »

If Texas does, then Texas freezes over.
FTFY
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: October 22, 2013, 03:49:37 pm »

--snip--
That's a lot of hate for Clinton (not to imply it's unfounded). I'll have to do some digging myself it seems, and form my opinion that way.

I did some playing around with that 2016 map. Here are some interesting conclusions. In effect, the GOP is screwed unless the Democrats go full retard:

-If the Democrats can get Virginia or North Carolina and any other state presented as swing, they win.
-If the Democrats can get Colorado and Iowa and any other swing state, they win.
-The GOP can win in 2016. Here is the easiest way for them to do so: take Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, and either New Hampshire or Colorado. If they can persuade Iowa, Nevada or New Mexico to join them, the task becomes a bit easier; but as stated above, they cannot afford to lose a single big state.
-Ohio is, again, a keystone state. The GOP could take Georgia, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and New Hampshire- but if they lose Ohio, the Democrats win.
-If Arizona or Georgia turn blue, it is certainly a Republican loss. If Texas does, the GOP will probably go the way of the Whigs.
Ohio frequently is the key state it seems. Last election I heard people saying how Dems could've afforded to not get Ohio, but the GOP didn't stand any realistic chance without Ohio. Sounds like the same will happen in 2016. (Too bad we likely won't get one of those blowout elections of yesteryear (Regan I think was one?), where almost every stated went to one guy.)
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: October 22, 2013, 03:51:15 pm »

Goddamn Ohio. Why you always gotta be the linchpin?

Also, bear in mind that if there has ever been a party which has shown it can go full retard at the worst possible moment, it is the Democratic Party. Shooting themselves in the foot at crucial moments is virtually part of their charter.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: October 22, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »

Quote from: Helgoland
If Texas does, then Texas freezes over.
FTFY,
Au contraire, Texas is the big target for democrats. They, more then many states, are going Hispanic, and Hispanics went democrat by a large margin last year. It is what provided the impetus for immigration reform, how badly republicans did against that Rapidly growing demographic.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: October 22, 2013, 03:57:55 pm »

Texas might go Democrat in 2020. 2016 is a stretch.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3823 on: October 22, 2013, 04:19:59 pm »

I really, really hope the democrats find someone other than Clinton to run. If only because you need more than three names for 8 presidential terms.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: October 22, 2013, 04:23:08 pm »

It would be interesting to see the margins, though!

Might turn swing-state, at least for a little while. Be pretty close?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 667