Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819258 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FearfulJesuit's American Politics Megathread Two: Election Boogaloo
« Reply #1695 on: July 19, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

Moment someone starts talking about breeding and humans, I shut it off, swear vigorously in Serbian, and do something else. Fucking Fascist Motherfuckers.

One would think that these people believe Americans were simply spawned from the Founding Fathers doing it onto the dirt of MOTHER AMERICA.

Do you say "I will fuck the sun out of your heaven"?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: July 20, 2013, 12:08:47 am »

The whole two party system is essentially irrelevant now. You have two groups who each want to chip away at different parts of your rights, then pretend they're polar opposites. And the majority of the public has been conditioned by the media to believe that voting for anyone except a Democrat or Republican is "throwing away their vote".

The two party system is most definitely relevant, its just bad.

And voting third party isn't "throwing away your vote", its worse: the better a third party does, the more it draws votes away from the party that it is most similar to.  And since the two big parties are basically coalitions to begin with, if a third party ever wins big it will draw the supporters from one of the two main parties and replace it, becoming a nominally different organization that has a different but similar agenda and mostly the same members.

American voters are smart, or at least pragmatic, within the framework they are given.  Most don't like either of the major parties, but they dislike one more than the other and vote based on that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: July 20, 2013, 12:16:22 am »

The whole two party system is essentially irrelevant now. You have two groups who each want to chip away at different parts of your rights, then pretend they're polar opposites. And the majority of the public has been conditioned by the media to believe that voting for anyone except a Democrat or Republican is "throwing away their vote".

Man if that isn't the truth.

Notice that restrictive laws never seem to get repealed. It's just both sides of the spectrum denying freedoms 'left and right' after whatever pop culture thing that is in the bydlo fucking awareness at the time.

Both parties are your enemy. Either vote 3rd party or don't vote at all. Voting for the 'lesser of two evils' is just voting in somebody fucking evil who will fuck you apart and YOU are partially responsible.

The USA has enough problems already, don't contribute to them by voting in another facsimile of the assholes that have created this situation.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: July 20, 2013, 12:36:43 am »

Then you end up with the only voters being the ones who actually -like- the assholes running for office.

Do you want THEM to be the only people electing the people running your lives?

It's not like the politicians will go "Oh look, we're only drawing in less than 1 percent of the vote. Maybe we should tone it down and bring the others back"

They'll go "YES! Now I only have to pander to the tiniest minority! I'm a SHOE-IN!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: July 20, 2013, 01:14:47 am »

I think there comes a point where the legitimacy to a claim of authority matters...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: July 20, 2013, 04:25:12 am »

Moment someone starts talking about breeding and humans, I shut it off, swear vigorously in Serbian, and do something else. Fucking Fascist Motherfuckers.

One would think that these people believe Americans were simply spawned from the Founding Fathers doing it onto the dirt of MOTHER AMERICA.

AND HROL DID LOVE UNTO A HILLOCK
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: July 20, 2013, 02:59:53 pm »

Do you say "I will fuck the sun out of your heaven"?
Hehe, no, that's a new one, though my mom may, as a native speaker her vocabulary far outclasses mine (Whereas I know Serbian in the New York version of bilingual, swearing in multiple languages.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1703 on: July 20, 2013, 07:34:02 pm »

Perhaps the most crazy, racist, unscientific nativist tirade I have ever heard in my life.
"When you grow up white on a Texas ranch you learn a lot about being a racist douchebag"
"You my wonderful audience, are like cattle. In more ways than one, welcome to Texas, enjoy your stay."

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 21, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

To quote my post from the calm and cool progressive discussion thread, from a more American specific point of view (yes, my post was instantly buried):

I thought you might like this. A "Valedictorian Speaks Out Against Schooling", released in 2010.

The webcomic which first introduced me to the speech and video.

The speech and video itself.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: July 21, 2013, 04:40:29 pm »

Perhaps the most crazy, racist, unscientific nativist tirade I have ever heard in my life.
"When you grow up white on a Texas ranch you learn a lot about being a racist douchebag"
"You my wonderful audience, are like cattle. In more ways than one, welcome to Texas, enjoy your stay."
Best comment:
Don't even compare this guy to Hitler. Hitler actually knew how to give a fucking speech.
(The guy who posted it was named Bearjew293 :D )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 24, 2013, 02:03:03 pm »

So Congress plans to oppose NSA stuff by cutting funding or something.  One of those very few times where I can cheer for the Republican attack dogs trying to make things not happen.  If I understand this article right.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 24, 2013, 06:48:42 pm »

So Congress plans to oppose NSA stuff by cutting funding or something.  One of those very few times where I can cheer for the Republican attack dogs trying to make things not happen.  If I understand this article right.

Justin Amash is pretty good so far as congresscritters go.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 24, 2013, 09:11:35 pm »

The amendment failed, but by an interesting vote.
Democrats voted for the amendment by a 111-to-83 margin. Republicans, meanwhile, split 134 to 93 against it.
That's almost what I'd expect. Both party leaderships were opposed but couldn't afford to whip votes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 25, 2013, 08:27:55 am »

Well... at least it ain't dead in the water.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 667