Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 819046 times)

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dhok's American Politics Megathread Two: Elected Boogaloo
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:03 pm »

Colorado Senate approves civil unions and will send the bill to the state house, where it is expected to pass.  Governor Hickenlooper supports the bill.

Unfortunately, the Colorado constitution bans same sex marriage so civil unions are the furthest the legislature there can go.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »

Unfortunately, the Colorado constitution bans same sex marriage so civil unions are the furthest the legislature there can go.
Not quite. The legislature can endorse a counter-amendment and sent it to referendum. The question is whether or not it will pass the referendum, which is questionable as last time they did it they had a 55% approval for the ban, but that was in 2006.

I'd give it a 50/50 60/40 chance at this point, as a poll last year shows 53% of Coloradans in support of same-sex marriage.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:34:19 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:19 pm »

Marco Rubio votes no on the Violence Against Women Act. It's scary to think that right now he's seen as the GOP's great hope for winning back the center. This will come up in 2016, yessirree.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2013, 04:13:54 pm »

...from his statement, he objected to some of the provisions added. Unfortunately, those provisions are some things EVERYONE would want, so i dunno...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2013, 04:14:24 pm »

You know, it generally strikes me as dishonest to claim that Republicans literally see women as sub-human baby farms....but stuff like this certainly makes one wonder.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15:20 pm »

SOME Republicans do, but not all :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »

VAWA has some really odd provisions in it, though. For example, it makes raising your voice at your wife fall under prosecutable "domestic violence", it doesn't require any evidence for accusations, and if a woman lies during the prosecution it isn't considered perjury. Oh, and it only applies to women, so it's sexist too.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2013, 06:42:16 pm »

Please tell me that's fake. It's too Onion.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2013, 06:44:18 pm »

It's Rand Paul, everything he says and does seems like it comes from the Onion.  Regrettably, he actually exists and most likely believes the stuff he says and if you're in Kentucky, you're stuck with him until 2016 at the earliest.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2013, 06:45:37 pm »

Yeah, it's fake.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2013, 06:46:47 pm »

Aside from last minute changes and choice of synonyms/metaphores. They do get a copy of the speech early so that they can form an reasonably well informed rebuttal within minutes of the end of the speech.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2013, 06:56:55 pm »

But not fake...this is the New Yorker.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:50 pm »

Oh, it's tagged under humor...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 667