Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Hunted Magi -Turn 7  (Read 7639 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 09:13:19 pm »

Group at the tavern:
Your next turn consists of any discussion amongst yourselves you wish to have, as well as whether you want to drink/eat at the inn, buy anything before you go home and what you do for the nighttime.  You can skip out of sleep if you want to do something over the night but you will not regain any lost health or mana, and may be tired the next day depending on a roll against your constitution.

Osgar-Iawastooshort
You need to decide what you will do involving overnight, and sorry if you didn't want to chase after your mentor initially I rolled for panic and you failed pretty badly.  Basically you were freaking out trying to chase down whoever took Ealdwine until you came to your senses around dusk, you have a decent idea as to where you are in the forest as well as how to get back.  However if you keep going out into the unknown forest getting back might be a tad hard.

Everyone;
I welcome criticism and ideas on how to improve/change the way I am doing things.  As well if you want me to shorten or extend the period of time encompassed in the turn, or if you want any more description on anything to do with yourselves, your homes or the town.  Just go ahead and ask and I will write a more detailed description.
Nom nom nom

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 10:29:10 pm »

I reach over the bar and pull a half bottle of gin and some dusty glasses from beneath the counter, nodding to Dern as I do so, he puts down the glass he was polishing and puts a note in the ledger to dock the cost from my next shift. I sit back at the table and pour myself a drink, down it and pour another. I put the bottle in the middle of the table with the glasses. "so...how much do you lot remember of last night?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:31:05 pm by Narsis »

RaijinKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:58 pm »

I sigh softly as I sit down in a suitable chair at the table, nearest the exit. Remaining silent for a moment, I glance around the table at my friends, then laugh lightly as Marcus asks the single question that is probably on everyone's mind. I reach for a glass and the bottle, pour myself a drink, then push the bottle back towards the middle of the table. "Well, if I recollect correctly.. Nothing so far.." I chuckle to myself and shake my head before taking a light sip of gin. I grimace somewhat at the taste, but nod over to Marcus with a smile. I raise my hand and order a small meal from the tavern, taking light bites. "It was probably a bad idea.. But I'm sure you guys must remember more than me."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 11:31:39 pm »

jim slumps heavily upon a chair at the table with his drinking buddies and sighs heavily before ordering a drink and joining the conversation
sorry i dont remember a damn thing... last thing i can recall is we were all having a laugh over a ghost story and then i wake up in my fireplace with this big ol' tooth hanging round my neck and no pants in sight... did you guys wake up with a random trinket as well?

after finishing the conversation follow gerald and bree
Inspect my amulet meticulously on the way to the ruins
When we get there look for books and tablets

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:59:06 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 11:44:09 pm »

"I remember bits and peices, nothing solid" I sip a at my drink "and as for trinkets? Aye I did, anyone else?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:28:37 am »

Richard pick at his fish "I got a book...on cat. Someone laughing at me."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 03:55:10 am »

(Questions – Do I have all my gear? Specifically my axe. Did I take any food or am I about to get very hungry? Did I see Ealdwine the day before? Have I ever wandered this far into the forest? Is it a cloudy night which seems like it could rain? Anyway…)

Eat half of what I have. Make a mental note of where I am, then just check silently within a 100m radius that the area seems safe. Find a sturdy tree near the trail, climb up it, strap myself to a branch with my belt, and try to sleep until first light. Keep all belongings in the tree too and remove any trace of me below, as far as possible.

In the morning, eat the remaining half of my food. Search for something edible and keep a look out for water all day. Look for the trail and follow as far as I can after marking a tree near the trail with a sign suggesting I am following the trail. Something like an O and an arrow. Keep bow and arrows to hand whilst tracking and handaxe within easy reach. Try to discern from the trail how many people I am following. Should be easy to follow if they have been stumbling on through the night. If it becomes obvious I am after more than three people than return immediately to the village to seek help unless it looks like it is more than 33% likely to rain.

Before leaving examine my charred jawbone. How did it find its way into my pocket?

(I don’t know that I should follow on my own but if I abandon the chase he might be gone for ever. Arg.)

edit: thanks for the reply. So they are upto 18 hours in front. Hmm.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:53:46 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 04:35:36 am »

Gerald orders and sips at his honey wine, savoring the taste while listening to his friends-Oenology being one of his few true vices.

"Don't remember much. I sort of fell down and started laughing at something, and it's all black on there. I think I remember a girl, a pretty one with black hair, but that might have been a dream, or someone I saw around time. Probably was.

As for...the other thing, I suppose one of you was having a laugh as well-I woke up with coins on my eyes this morning. Cause I sleep like the dead, right? One was just a gold piece the other...was weirder. Silvery, not silver, and slanted. It feels wrong. I can't read what it says on it, and I'm a dummy, but I can read common language just fine. And I can't let it go.

See, I know curiosity has slain many a feline, but I think we should go explore the ruins again. From what I sussed out, something bad happened there, and we maybe got a piece of that. I suggest we all kit out, like they say in the army, and go down there and try to get a handle on what happened to us.

Also, Osgar was with us, right? He's good and all, I know, but no one has seen him today..."
Gerald says, a bit morosely.

Action: Imbibe some honey wine, along with a potato and beef strips for dinner. Afterwards leaving the bar, go to try and buy a sturdy blunt weapon, like a large mace or hammer. If explanations are needed, say I've got some rats in my cabin that need extermination.

Then, Poke around the ruins that night if time permits, accompanying any friends who wish to go.

((Assume any info I learned in my turns in shared with you guys IC wise))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 04:37:30 am »

((You've been as far out as you currently are, but not much further having never spent a full day walking away from the village.  You have all your gear listed in your inventory and I'd guess whatever you were planning to eat that evening to be fair.  As for the nighttime it's misty and overcast a bit as it was that morning, though it doesn't feel like rain is coming soon.))
Nom nom nom

RaijinKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 05:20:35 am »

Bree quirks a brow at the mentioning of trinkets, especially such odd ones as teeth, a book of cats, and a strange coin. Her expression turns serious for a moment before she pulls herself back to the discussion quickly, breezing over any mention of her own artifact.

"Leave it to Gerald to remember a pretty girl first," Bree chimes in with a half-hearted chuckle. She takes another sip of gin, and grimaces yet again, before going on. "The entire night is really a blur... But I haven't been able to shake the feeling that something..terrible occurred last night. I don't think it would be all that great of an idea to go lurking around those ruins again."

Bree frowns and begins tapping her fingers on the table lightly. "But I also think we need to find out more about what happened."

Action: Finishes the meal and leaves the tavern, heading over to the bookshop to pick up a Bible and the sharpest letter opener I can find. I go along with Gerald, treading behind him the entire way to the ruins. Bree searches the ruins carefully, having read her share of books on demons, pagan rituals, and symbols.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:22:16 pm by RaijinKit »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:07 am »

"Don't go to bed too late."

Finish my fish and head home. Try and see what I can do with my book then go to sleep.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 08:15:00 am »

Bree quirks a brow at the mentioning of trinkets, especially such odd ones as teeth, a book of cats, and a strange coin. Her expression turns serious for a moment before she pulls herself back to the discussion quickly, breezing over any mention of her own artifact.

"Leave it to Gerald to remember a pretty girl first," Bree chimes in with a half-hearted chuckle. She takes another sip of gin, and grimaces yet again, before going on. "The entire night is really a blur... But I haven't been able to shake the feeling that something..terrible occurred last night. I don't think it would be all that great of an idea to go lurking around those ruins again."

Bree frowns and begins tapping her fingers on the table lightly. "But I also think we need to find out more about what happened."

Gerald manages a similar warm smile, glad that someone at least is attempting Humor. Gods knew they needed it now.

"Well, you know me, I'm thinking about pretty girls at least every few minutes." He replies, giving her a humorous wink and a sidelong glance. Gerald thought she really was pretty, in truth-but it was easier to joke about than be serious. She was so far outta his league, he had always thought.. Story of his life, eh?

He sipped a bit more wine, smacking his lips.

"...Also, thanks for tagging along, Bree. I'd more as like stumble over anything important by myself, but with you we might be able to figure this out together. Just leave the busting of any stubborn doors or stubborn heads to me, alright?"

Gerald had always considered it odd, his friendship with Bree. They couldn't have been more different, and they would probably never have noticed each other if he hadn't gone in to buy that heavy book on geology and rock formations, one he was still puzzling out every other day. He felt that even if he didn't understand it fully, he would certainly try-he knew he wasn't bright, but ignorance had no excuse. Perhaps something in that impressed her, he had thought at the time, or maybe she just felt sorry for him. He couldn't say really.

"Don't go to bed too late."

He nods to that.

"I know-got to do a full day of work tomorrow, or people will start to wonder. In fact, we might all want to you know...act natural. People are already nervous about...the stuff thats been going on." he says, his voice lowering in a conspiratorial whisper. Though, it was unlikely anyone heard anything over the chatter of the tavern, he hoped.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »

Finish the bottle and head upstairs to my bed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »

Soo.... I thhhhiinnnkk I know what everyone wants to do, in that case turn should be done later tonight.  Last chance for random modifications :D
Nom nom nom

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »

Then, remembering what happened the last time we went to the ruins I feel guilty about leaving my friends. Sighing I grab my bow, quiver and knife before slipping out of the tavern and heading out after them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9