Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You are (apparently?) a dark lord!  (Read 5034 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are (not) an adventurer!
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

Wait, he ripped out his own skull to beat the troll to death with?
No, he ripped out the troll's skull, ripped out his own skull, then smashed the troll's skull with his skull, then put his skull back inside himself and put the mashed troll skull back into the troll's body.
It would be kinda funny if he confused the skulls.
There would be no noticeable difference.
Aren't troll skulls bigger than human skulls?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:34 am »

non-update post:
Aren't troll skulls bigger than human skulls?
In this case? Debatable! :P Though I just meant he managed to headbutt a troll to death...

Anyway, to clear things up a bit: You did sell the gauntlet. But apparently it's value, as an artifact, involved division by zero. ie: You crashed, until his beating rebooted you. Impossible to say what trying to buy things with NaN(Not a Number) MageBucks will do.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:28 am »

Impossible to say what trying to buy things with NaN(Not a Number) MageBucks will do.
Impossible? Then start buying stuff! Get a dungeon, a tower, and a volcano base that are all reasonably close to each other. Time to get to pimpin.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 06:19:01 am »

Impossible to say what trying to buy things with NaN(Not a Number) MageBucks will do.
Impossible? Then start buying stuff! Get a dungeon, a tower, and a volcano base that are all reasonably close to each other. Time to get to pimpin.
We also want plenty of guardians.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 10:06:54 am »

BUY ALL THE THINGS

Also implement some safeguards against division by zero.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:09:45 am by Aerie »
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:51 pm »

Well, looks like there's some good news, and some bad news. Good news? Buying things doesn't seem to change your balance at all. Bad news is, you're only allowed one lair as a starting dark lord. Hmm, which one to go for first...

Well, while you try and decide, might as well take a look through the idiot's inventory. Let's see... Looks like he's picked up another magic sword, a surprisingly large pile of precious gems, and some random magical nick-knacks that aren't frankly any more than children's toys. Not a bad haul exactly, but not nearly as good as the one he found you in.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 04:20:51 pm »

Underground dungeon, crypt-favored.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2013, 05:36:09 pm »

Buy underground lair.
Make room for future mountainhall.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »

Initiate self-repair protocol. How will anyone take us seriously if we look like some dumbass bashed us against a rock?

I mean, that is what happened, but still!
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 09:02:56 pm »

And suddenly we go from being a sentient magic possibly unlucky nick-nack to being a dungeon keeper.

Ah, Bay12.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »

And suddenly we go from being a sentient magic possibly unlucky nick-nack to being a dungeon keeper.

Ah, Bay12.
No, we start as an amulet; then we're picked up by a guy who can kill anything that bleeds, half the things that don't bleed, and one-third the things that no one knows what the fuck; then we divide by zero within 2 turns of starting the game and get bashhed against a rock; then we became a dark lord complete with minions. Still turn number 3.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »

BUY LAIR IN UNDERGROUND

Also implement some safeguards against division by zero.

+1
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »

I can't help but picture this guy in regards to our meatheaded companion: http://www.kongregate.com/games/molkman/lucky-tower?acomplete=lucky+tower

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 09:25:15 am »

No, we start as an amulet; then we're picked up by a guy who can kill anything that bleeds, half the things that don't bleed, and one-third the things that no one knows what the fuck; then we divide by zero within 2 turns of starting the game and get bashed against a rock; then we became a dark lord complete with minions. Still turn number 3.
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?

Awesome, purchasing things not only works, it doesn't even reduce the amount of money in your account! Hopefully no one in charge takes too close a look at the balance. Either way, you instantly purchase and stock your dungeon, leaving only the selection of what kind of monsters to fill it with. Oh look, the talking hat is back. "Hi! I see you've purchased an underground dungeon! Would you ļ̴i̶k̴e̸̢ to run t҉h҉̨è minion-wizard, or select y̴҉͡o͝͞͏uŗ own from the lį̵́s̶̛t̵͟?"

Meanwhile, Kickass is roasting part of the troll for lunch. Apparently he thinks he can gain it's regeneration abilities by eating it. "Hey, magic thing! I think I should buy a bard. Ya know, to sing songs about me everywhere we go." Oh god, does the stupidity never end?
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 02:43:21 pm »

Stock our lair with abberations, fiends, and necromancers. The necromancers will sort out the lack of undead on this list.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5