Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38111 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 1: Unexpected Results)
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 11:46:29 pm »

Alright then, lets try the word "Zap" on for size. Pointing at the centipedes with harmful intent, again.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 02:47:33 am »

((14 years))

Pointing a wand at a centipede, Clair intone a incantation, hoping it will die.

"Caedis"((it latin for murder))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 05:57:09 am »

"No, Sashaaaaa!"
I thrust my wand at the offending centipede!
"Alakablowstuffup!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 12:14:47 pm »

((A level of -1? INFINITE LEVELS! Oh, and that spell is totally worth remembering. It's uselessness is glorious. I can't wait to see what various words of murder will produce.))

Meus grumbles and shakes the feeling off. He commands Tattletale to attack any remaining centipides. "Cmon Tattle, show these centipides who's boss!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown: Turn 2
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:15 pm »

Say abracadabra with malicious intent!
Then bash at the centipede again using my sledgehammer

[20!+1,4-2] Javier waves his wand and feels his power drain from him. A weird bearlike creature appears. It looks...mostly like a bear. It has a pair of batlike wings, however. Its shaggy fur also contains what seems to be more bats, whether growths on the bear or simply roosting there you're uncertain. The bats aren't normal bats either, oh no. They're warped bats. Some have wolflike snouts; some have tentacles growing from their faces; some have elongated snouts and large claws on their furry wings. The bear does not seem to be under Javier's control...on the bright side, you feel your wand's magic shift!

Alright then, lets try the word "Zap" on for size. Pointing at the centipedes with harmful intent, again.
[9+3,19+2] You summon another breastplate, this one seeming to be tarnished silver. It floats, before falling towards one of the centipedes and [4+2] causes the creature to shudder once, then die. Excellent.

((14 years))
((I had imagined her a few years younger. Thanks for the FYI.))

Pointing a wand at a centipede, Clair intone a incantation, hoping it will die.

"Caedis"((it latin for murder))
[9+3-1,5-2-1] A tiny glob of...something bubbly and molten-hot smelling like burnt hair, with chunks of glass holding bits of black stuff within forming from the bubbles, appears above Clair's head. [14+1] She dodges, and notes that the glob seems to be cooling into a bunch of stony strands in airy arcs, while the dark stuff seems to be harmless. Probably. Whatever that was, your wand didn't seem to like it...

"No, Sashaaaaa!"
I thrust my wand at the offending centipede!
"Alakablowstuffup!"
[Heads] Said offending centipede was killed already, so the Archmage calms and decides to go for the other one. [4+2] Nothing happens.

((A level of -1? INFINITE LEVELS!
I don't see how that follows. It's two levels lower than y'all, which means you get 25%, one quarter what you would if you (say) overpowered the Archmage and slit his throat.

Meus grumbles and shakes the feeling off. He commands Tattletale to attack any remaining centipides. "Cmon Tattle, show these centipides who's boss!"
[5-2+2] Meus still feels pretty angered at everyone. He expresses this anger by ordering Tattletale to attack the last remaining centipede. [13+1v18+2] The beast neatly leaps out of the way.

-----

Hm. I haven't said how big the room is. It's 15 feet from east to west wall (4.5 meters), and 20 feet (6 meters) from north to south.

The room gets a bit crowded as Javier proudly summons a mighty bear, likely a head taller than a grizzly if it was to stand up, with copper-colored fur, batlike wings, and shrieking hosts in its fur. Jane summons something a bit less terrifying: A silvery breastplate, which nevertheless seems to be capable of slaying upon contact.
The other spellcasters do little, at least little effective.
Meanwhile, the final remaining large centipede
[14-5] chooses to flee rather than fight the beasts present.
The five glance around nervously. Jane is distracted by her creation of last turn, which pleads for help. It seems so lonely and helpless. The others' focus is drawn to the giant winged bear for some reason.
[16] It glances around some before squeezing uncomfortably through the southern arch to the right, causing shrieks of protest to come from its fur. Incidentally, those bats do seem to be somewhat independent entities--some on the flanks leave the bear's fur while it squeezes through before returning to its warmth and safety.

-----

I'd like to make a few notes.
One, I have a bestiary in the OP.
Two, could javierpwn please name his creation?
Three, if you want to be able to replicate a spell's effect, write it down in your journal.
Four, I've thought over the ruling I gave on secret spellcasting and am going to amend it. You may choose to not "count" for determining if anyone can hear the incantation for when I'm posting, for one or all people. For instance, if Javier and Clair made an Alliance of Science, they could go to some distant room, choose to not "count" for each other, and cast spells without the incantations being known by anyone else. All it needs is a better description.
Five, this may be a good time to explore the arena, interact with others, or whatever.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 2: New Creations)
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 06:53:17 pm »

Let's go west!
one quarter what you would if you (say) overpowered the Archmage and slit his throat.
I have an uncomfortable feeling I'm going to die at some point.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 07:18:34 pm »

Clair look at the bear thing "I going this way, way, way far away from that."

Go south, cast PM spell once out of hearing.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23:57 pm »

Record all words said so far
Follow my bear
Say
WordsOfPower"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:25:44 pm by javierpwn »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »

Alright, Hit them again - This time with "Duzk"!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

Alright, Hit them again - This time with "Duzk"!
Hit what? Six centipedes have skedaddled, two are lying dead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 10:26:32 pm »

Right, go inspect breastplates.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 12:30:31 pm »

"Phew, that was intense. Guys? Where are you all going?". Meus decided that it was best to stick togheter, and as the only person remaining in the room was a woman, he greeted her. "Hello. I'm Meus and I suggest that we work togheter to advoid being horribly murdered."

Inspect journal.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »

I shall name the bear: Ursa Arcanus

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown: Turn 3
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »

Let's go west!
You enter a room about the same size as the last, with an archway on the north wall right next to the one on the east where you entered. In the southwest corner is a strange coil, which uncoils itself. It turns out to be a centipede about fourteen, maybe fifteen feet long. It looks hungry...

Clair look at the bear thing "I going this way, way, way far away from that."
Go south, cast PM spell once out of hearing.
Deciding to not go through the entrance the bear did, you head into the other south passageway. It turns left within ten feet, and fifteen feet after that there's a passage left, shortly followed by an arch into a much larger-looking room. You go [Heads] down the left passageway, walk 30 feet, and enter a room 15 feet wide by seventy or eighty feet long, with an archway to the west about a third of the way down, two further arches about as far on the east side, and an archway heading east at the far end of the room. A spider about the size of a wolf lays in the middle of the room, just beyond the arches, and rises. You can see some kind of armor under the spider. Nervous, you shout a spell. [10+3,4-2] You summon a chunk of pale metal, glowing with a weird dark bluish glow. The metal drips with a strange blue goop. The metal strikes the ground; both the goop and the glow seem to be damaging the floor, the goop more noticeably and noisily.

Record all words said so far
Follow my bear
Say
WordsOfPower"
You pause to write a spell in his journal, alongside some other scrawlings. Following your bear, you enter a new room. It is fifteen feet from north wall to south, and over 50 feet from east to west; you're about halfway across. There are arches in the southeast and southwest corners, heading south and west, as well as another one near the far end of the north wall.
After this, you mutter [Heads] Shu'mow. (Note to self: Get new virtual coin.) [16+1+2,1!-2+2] (Oh dear...) A strange creature is summoned. It looks something like an eagle, but with a salamanderlike tail and similar slimy skin, covered with little delicate feathery projections. The creature also sports an extra pair of limbs, tipped with salamanderlike feet rather than the talons found on the hind legs, and a pair of spiderlike legs sprouting out of its beaked face like grotesque antennae. Each of its features is exquisitely formed, despite the horror of the whole. The beast shuffles its four feet and glares at Javier. It gargles out a screech, sounding mostly avian but with some amphibian as well.

Right, go inspect breastplates.
One is, as noted, made of flesh and connected to your consciousness. It turns when you approach--awkwardly; it has only a few more points of articulation than a normal breastplate. It brushes your mind. Please, don't leave me here. I can only see through you, I can only act through you. Again, you note that it seems a lot like you. The other--the silvery one--has returned to floating. The centipede corpse underneath it shows almost no trauma whatsoever. You accidentally brush against it, flinching. Evidently, whatever slew the centipede does nothing to you.

"Phew, that was intense. Guys? Where are you all going?". Meus decided that it was best to stick togheter, and as the only person remaining in the room was a woman, he greeted her. "Hello. I'm Meus and I suggest that we work togheter to advoid being horribly murdered."
Inspect journal.
[16-2+2] You overcome your anger. As you chat with Jane, you idly retrieve the Elder's book. It does not include much of note.

-----

The group spreads out, encountering new beasts awakening and making ones where they weren't before.
The massive arthropods seem to be awakening from something, and the new, unnamed beast seems to be shaking something off...on the bright side, none of them does anything.
The bear, on the other hand, walks on west, trying to decide what archway to squish its bulk through next.

-----

First order of business: That eagle/salamander/whatever thing? It's intelligent, and doesn't like Javier C. Wwolin? You're up.
Second order of business: I find it amusing that some of you are examining the journals. There is something to be gained by studying your starting gear, but not the journals.
Finally: There is a reason Javier is creating these monstrosities.
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon, A Game of Magic Unknown (Turn 3: A Mighty Sorry Lot)
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2013, 06:05:45 pm »

PMed my spell. (write that in my journal if useful) Centipedes are attracted to my coolness obviously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18