Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139423 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Blunderbuss - an Illustrated Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 06:03:11 am »

"Who are you and how dare you intrude unto my feast?!"

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 06:55:01 am »

"Who are you and how dare you intrude unto my feast?!"
+1, let's get all indignant at him.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 06:58:05 am »

««« 03 »»»

>Growl at the newcomer.

"IM EATING GODDAMMIT"

>Eat the newcomer

"I'M GROWLING DAMNIT"

Thought I heard something bump around in here, so I came in to check on you. You having something to eat? And, err, is there anywhere else you could point my knife?

Apologize for not being prepared for company and offer your new guest half of the preserved-covered roll.

Sorry about that, I wasn't expecting anyone. Did you... want to split these?

Oh no, help yourself. I had mine this morning. The fruit's persimmon, in case you were wondering. Didn't know Flinds even ate fruit, to be honest, but I left it out just in case.

Oh, and thanks for pointing the knife away, heh. That look was making me nervous.

> In addition to above, wag tail vigorously.

Wag tail and Bark.

Pretend to be a dog.

Oh come on, that's completely ridiculous. And racist. This persimmon stuff is too damned delicious for you to be offended about that right now, but if it wasn't, oh man. You would be absolutely livid at yourself just for thinking that.

So, how are you feeling? You look better than you did last night, that's for sure. We don't get many of your people in this town, but if they all drink and fight like you did, the Old Ship's Wheel Pub would be in shambles before long, you know?

>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:52:49 am by Solifuge »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 07:06:14 am »

(OOC: You never stated anything other than our name. are we male? female? whats our origins? etc.)

Tell him you're fine. and bark.

Then ask him if he has any meat.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:01 am »

Ask what happen last night
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 07:38:15 am »

Inspect windows. Are those shutters, or bars?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>Yes, mention that we don't remember much. Refer to it as "A hell of a night".

Also,

>Remember what happened before we forgot stuff.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 12:49:19 pm »

>Retrieve arms. You had more than just that, right?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 01:44:28 pm »

Ask him who he is and where we are.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 04:38:38 pm »

(OOC: You never stated anything other than our name. are we male? female? whats our origins? etc.)
We don't know any of that, although we can intuit gender from the name.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 04:43:22 pm »

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:39 pm »

We don't know any of that, although we can intuit gender from the name.
We can? Also, if I recall correctly, Soli's Flinds don't make much distinction socially between sexes, so I don't know if it really matter's what gender our character is.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 12:59:53 am »

««« 04 »»»

Tell him you're fine. and bark.

Then ask him if he has any meat.

How am I feeling? Well enough. Maybe a bit foggy in the head. Mostly hungry, I guess.

Well by all means, eat up. I've got plenty of food here. I know Fat Tormas wasn't about to let you stay at his Inn after last night, so I thought I'd show you some proper Dossenti hospitality.

You remember the plate of fish you picked up earlier, and get the lack-of-meat situation under control. You don't care for the green stuff on the plate with it... tastes like bitter, peppery celery. The fish is nice and fresh, though. When you're done, you leave the knife, the persimmon preserves, and the empty plate back on the table. Let it never be said you're a bad guest.

INVENTORY:

Inspect windows. Are those shutters, or bars?

You've never seen a window quite like this before. Looks like you can move this rod up and down to shut out the light, or prying eyes. That's just clever!

You having fun with the shutters? The great Vandevere himself designed them! Of course, I can't afford his work, so I had to make my own, but they came out fine. Anyway I'm just, uh, going to shut the door. Don't need that neighbor boy thinking I've gone strange or anything.

>Remember what happened before we forgot stuff.

So, stranger, I gather you came in from out of town last night. What's your story?

I'm Maja. I'm a... traveler, mostly.

Pleased to meet you Maja. I'm Brune, a fisherman by trade. So, what does a traveler do for a living?

Well, I'm on a pilgrimage. Kind of. Do you know much about Flind Houses?

Hmm... I think we have one of those here in Dossent. Stonesplitters' House, they're called? They sell bricks and stoneware and such down in the market.

Well, traditional Flinds pledge themselves to a House like Stonesplitters' when they come of age. To them, having a House is like having a purpose... they're something like a family mixed with a business. But one they choose to join, if that makes sense?

Not really, but I get the idea. You said "Traditional Flinds" like you weren't one, though. I suppose you don't have a House?

Ah... yes. Yes that's pretty much it.

Well, I already have two kids, and you're standing on my wife right now, so I don't think I can help you there.

Oh no, it's not like that, I don't need a... wait, your wife?

Relax, she's been gone 7 years now. Don't think there's much of her left down there, so I'm sure she doesn't mind. Fat Tormas keeps telling me I need to find a new woman, but with the fishing getting harder, and with my son looking to marry soon, I don't really have the time. You were saying?

Well, I don't need a House, or even a place to stay right now. Okay, I do need some place to stay, but I can handle that on my own. But in short, I'm just traveling around, learning about the world, and looking to find a line of work I enjoy... something to dedicate myself to.

That, and apparently getting thrown out of pubs for rough-housing. Not that I can blame you... that Barin is an ass, and you gave him what was coming to him last night, that's for damned sure.

Ask what happen last night

>Yes, mention that we don't remember much. Refer to it as "A hell of a night".

I've been meaning to ask... what exactly happened last night?

You mean you don't remember? I knew you'd been drinking, but I didn't think you were that far gone. Though, now that I think of it, Barin did break a plate over your head...

Yep. Definitely don't remember that.

Well, where do I start... I was at the Old Ship's Wheel, just up the hill, when you came in last night. I didn't recognize you, and you looked pretty haggard, so I figured you for a traveler. A meal and a few rounds of mead into the evening, I saw Barin walk over to you. He's a big, crass oaf of a guy. Works with my son down by the docks. Anyway, he sat down next to you, and it looked like he was heckling you. I couldn't hear what he said, and whatever you said back set him off. Before I knew it he took a wide swing at you and missed, while you knocked the wind out of him with that walking stick of yours. I figured that was that, but as you were sitting back down, he cracked his plate right over your head! And it was glazed clay... you've got a remarkably hard head there, friend.

...thanks?

Anyway, you bruised him up pretty bad with your stick, before me and some of the guys pulled you two apart. Fat Tormas had us throw you both out after making a mess of his Pub, but I have to admit... I admired the beating you gave Barin. That, and you didn't look like you were in any shape to find another place to stay. I invited you over, and it was probably a good thing too, since you passed right out. Sound familiar yet?

Not really, but I get the idea. Sounds like a hell of a night.

That it was. Shame you don't remember it. Give it some time, though, and it might come back. Anyway, you said you were looking for work? If you hadn't been thrown out of the Ship's Wheel, I'd have suggested looking there first. Sailors and merchants and all manner of folks pick up help there. Barring that, you could always try asking around down by the docks, or up at the Hilltop Market. And I'm sure there's plenty of folks looking for odd jobs, if the price is right.

Speaking of work, fish aren't known for catching themselves. And good thing too, or I'd be out of a job. Take all the time you need to get ready, Maja, and if you need directions or want to chat, I'll be right outside. One of the few advantages of being a small-time fisher in the Shorefront District is I don't have to walk far to work every day, eh?

With that, Brune smiles and steps out of the room, shutting the door behind him. Where to next?
>

Spoiler: Party Roster: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:53:37 am by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 01:03:36 am »

>To loot this place or not to loot this place, that is the question.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 01:05:41 am »

>To loot this place or not to loot this place, that is the question.
Here's a compromise, half-loot it. Starting with those jars and whatnot upstairs.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55