Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: UPGRADE: The Ultimate VR Game! *Need Players* Turn 5: The obligatory First Blood  (Read 9751 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

You and your friends step into the arcade. The flyer said that it opened at 9, and here you were.

It's right when the door closes that you realize it's pitch black in there. You're about to grab your phone to use as a light, when a man with a glowstick on a necklace steps in front of you. The dim blue light only lets you make out a portion of him, but you notice he's wearing some kind of helmet, with what looks like an entire RadioShack stuck on.

"Oh good. You're all here. Now, come with me. The machine's in the back room."

You look at your friends, a bit nervous, but realize they've all gone ahead with the guy. You shrug, and follow blindly behind them, towards the faint blue light.

After a couple minutes of walking, twisting, turning, and repeatedly bumping into walls and friends, you stroll into what you think is an incredibly large room. You hear a lot of humming, and assume some kind of fan in in the room.

That is, until the lights get turned on. Everyone gasps at the incredible machine in the middle of the room! Several large, blue glowing chambers, with helmets identical to the one the man was wearing, dangling from the tops. You turn to ask the man what it is, but he's disappeared. Suddenly, a voice fills the room.

"Please, step into the machine. It'll explain the rest."

The chambers all light up in various colours, and you feel compelled to enter. You walk towards it, and strap on the helmet. You look to your sides, and see all of your friends have done the same. You focus snaps forwards, when a voice pops into your ears and words appear on your visor.

WELCOME TO UPGRADE.
PREPARE FOR DOWNLOAD

Your vision goes black for a few moments, but comes back to reveal a completely new location. Looks...digital. A map flashes on the screen, along with a long list of rules. You also notice that one of your friends is standing next to you. Hm.

OBJECTIVE:
BE THE LAST ONE STANDING

INSTRUCTIONS:
YOUR KNIFE CONTAINS 1 BATTERY. BATTERIES ARE NEEDED TO USE UPGRADE CHIPS. YOU GET ONE FREE UPGRADE, AND CAN GAIN MORE BATTERIES BY DEFEATING OTHER PLAYERS. UPGRADES ARE PERMANENT, AND CAN NOT BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN PLAYERS. UPGRADES CAN BE FOUND IN TREASURE FILES, AROUND THE ARENA. OTHER ITEMS MAY BE FOUND IN THESE CHESTS. UP TO 4 UPGRADES CAN BE FOUND IN ANY CHEST AT ANY TIME. UPGRADES CAN BE STACKED.
YOU WILL BE PAIRED WITH ANOTHER PLAYER. IF YOUR PARTNER GETS DEFEATED, YOU DO TOO. TEAMWORK IS VERY IMPORTANT HERE.

PLEASE INPUT NAME, BIO, COLOUR AND STATS:
NAME:
BIO
COLOUR:
STR: (Affects how strong the user is and how much damege happens in STR vs END)
END: (Affects how much damage gets negated in STR VS END in weapon attacks and PWR VS END in elemental attacks)
DEX: (Determines how well the user moves, aims, and reacts. Need to hit and dodge attacks and counter attacks)
PWR: (Affects a weapons elemental power in PWR VS END. Also effects the chances that status problems take affect, like BLIND, and PAIN.)
LCK: (Affects how good your loot is from treasure chests, and a few other things)
WIL: (Affects how much you fight against pain. Such as, the ability to walk even with a broken leg. May affect other things too)
DISTRIBUTE + AND - TO STATS. A STAT MAY HAVE UP TO 10 +'S, AS LONG AS THERE ARE AN EQUAL NUMBER OF -'S ELSEWHERE.

ROUND WILL START WHEN ALL TEAMS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED

Oh yes, and I am but a lowly Co-GM. SuperBlast is my partner in GM-ing this VR RTD.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:40:21 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPGRADE: The Ultimate VR Game!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »

Spoiler: PLAYER LIST: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: WAITLIST: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:14:02 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »

HOLY NUTS

NAME: "ALBATROSS"/HARRY DUNPHY
BIO: HARRY IS A VR ENTHUSIAST. HE LOVES PRETENDING TO BE A LARGE WINGED BIRD WITH LONG CLAWS THAT CAN TEAR OUT THE GUTS OF HIS FOES WITH FEARSOME TALONS. UNSURPRISINGLY, THERE WERE VERY FEW GAMES THAT SATISFIED HIS SPECIFIC INTEREST... UNTIL NOW.
COLOUR: BLACK
STR: +
END: -
DEX: ++
PWR: --
LCK: ++
WIL: --
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:12:06 pm by freeformschooler »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »

NAME:ADAM LORD
BIO:THE LOCAL BUTCHER. GOT DRAG TO THIS SHINDIG AGAINST WILL.
COLOUR:RED
STR: +++
END: ++
DEX: +++
PWR: ---
LCK: --
WIL: ---
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:06:20 pm »

NAME: Niko "The pain" Thomson
BIO: More of a boxer than a game player, he has only joined this group so that he could train without exhausting himself. Born of a Russian family living in Scotland Niko has black hair and brown eyes, will generally punch people in the face for fun.
COLOUR: Dark Blue!
STR: +
END: +
DEX: -
PWR: -
LCK: +
WIL: -
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 03:10:09 pm »

Oh yes.

Name:  Steve
Bio:  A big fat guy in real life, so Steve's virtual persona is a rampant speedster.
ColourGreen
Stats:
STR: -
END: --
DEX: +++
PWR: +
LCK: +
WIL: --

THERE IS NO 5 ON THE MAP
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 03:15:29 pm »

THERE IS NO 5 ON THE MAP
Actually if you look at the wall around 3 there is. I'll shut up now.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

THERE IS NO 5 ON THE MAP
Actually if you look at the wall around 3 there is. I'll shut up now.
Bring all of your map complaints to SuperBlast. He made it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »

Oi!  Superblast!  There's no 5 on the map!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 04:17:00 pm »

Sure ill join,

NAME: uncle bob
BIO: bobs your uncle, hes trying to be cool.
COLOUR: maroon
STR: ++
END: =
DEX: ++
PWR: --
LCK: -
WIL: -
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »

Oi!  Superblast!  There's no 5 on the map!

What people complaining already? *looks at map* Huh.... damnit I'll add that up. Sorry about that.

Edit:
Well sent the map with the number 5 on it to Green. he should be updating with it any moment.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:05:15 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 05:57:40 pm »

Name: "Min Maximus" (real name: Charlie)
Bio: A random gamer with about as much backstory as a lot of these guys.
Color: White...okay, yellow
Str: ----
End: ----
Dex: +++++
Pwr: -
Lck: +++++
Wil: -

Aw yeah. Min-max FTW.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:24:17 pm »

Aw yeah. Min-max FTW.

Poke charlie while he sleeps
Bob Str:1+2
Charlie end:1-4

Bob pokes you in the eye while you sleep, you wake up screaming then die from the massive infection you recieved from the tiny bit of dirt trapped under his nail.

Do we get to choose our partners or are they autoassigned? If possible i wanna team up with toaster for his +1 to power... and the fact hes winning at perplexicon :P

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:37:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »

Aw yeah. Min-max FTW.

Poke charlie while he sleeps
Bob Str:1+2
Charlie end:1-4

Bob pokes you in the eye while you sleep, you wake up screaming then die from the massive infection you recieved from the tiny bit of dirt trapped under his nail.
I never intend to sleep! ...And I'd fail on the roll even if I rolled a 6...Oh, and my luck would help.
Anyways, my plan is simple.
1. Try to avoid combat.
2. If I run into combat, use my speed, agility, and Luck to avoid getting hit.
3. Hopefully my Luck will give me a big advantage.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 07:44:41 pm »

I never intend to sleep! ...And I'd fail on the roll even if I rolled a 6...Oh, and my luck would help.
Anyways, my plan is simple.
1. Try to avoid combat.
2. If I run into combat, use my speed, agility, and Luck to avoid getting hit.
3. Hopefully my Luck will give me a big advantage.

Well right now LCK determines how much loot you get from treasure and one other secret thing until you discover it. The way your character is now is.... like a thief. A really fast thief.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10