Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66868 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #720 on: May 13, 2014, 07:05:51 am »

"Im not going to lie, i cannot prove that i will only use this suit for that which is right.

Im just a man, im fallable and flawed. I cannot presume to have absolute clarity on what is righteous and what is evil or what is just and what is merely justified.

All i can do is give you my word that i will use this suit as my conscience dictates and do with it only what i believe to be right."

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 13, 2014, 11:03:13 am »

"Excuse me. I detected something around this location..." Russano says, once again concentrating on creating a portal.

Flash Portal into the office and examine it, both visually and with a Spell Flux scan. In case nothing is found, return to Perfectio and Jo and open another portal to the other side of the double doors in order to avoid possible traps.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 15, 2014, 06:08:20 pm »

Swing my weapon around standing tall while backing off slowly. I do not poach animals.

This must be one of the native lifeforms on this planet, judging by how it adapts to the forest environment.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #723 on: May 15, 2014, 07:38:51 pm »

Roll 74

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Severing the connection, you follow Geronimo through the hall. Just a few doors away, you enter into a classroom with the usual green tables, blue walls (a color specifically proven to enhance creativity!) covered in abstract lines and visuals, and a solitary mahogany desk at the front behind the electronic chalkboard. On the wall past the desk is a large two-handed sword, gleaming bright with the lighter tint of traditional non-carbonized steel. It must be an antique, a pure weapon kept as a memento from simpler times when men slapped each other with axes and falchions.

At the desk is a aged gentleman (looking to be in his forties. However, you recall that longevity drugs range from preserving only basic functions to drastically prolonging youth--for all you know, he could be over a hundred) with long, white hair woven into a single, long braid about a meter long, hanging over the back of the chair. In his arms he reads a book, a copy of 'Crime and Punishment.' An old classic, of course. You are amazed at how much you remember that isn't your past.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

"ಠ_ಠ"
She stares at you blankly.
[6]
"Yeah, I'm not sure what to say to that. I can tell you are trying to be sincere, but... without some sort of justification or way of telling me who you even are, I can't just give you unlimited power. How about..."
She raises a cardboard box depicting a lamp-sized fusor from beneath the desk. It seems she has a small elevator beneath the desk that brings goods up from some lower level.
"Two of these... and a tank on your back... should be able to keep you going for a while. Together they put out the right power, and the tank isn't too heavy. They can't sustain fusion reactions normally, but I've given them a little boost, if you know what I mean. That I can give out. You need helium three, which is fairly common throughout the universe, although you'll only find a dedicated vendor at shipyards and such where they maintain colossal ships that can't run on anything but fusion."

Proposed sales:
-1200 Ack: Microfusion Cell (Last fueled: Roll 74) (Module for Landmark Industries Power Armor)

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5] Having true experience as an outdoorsman and explorer, you know just how to deal with most lifeforms that aren't too different from what you'd expect on a telluric world.

New Miniquest: Back, Foul Beast!

Flailing your arms rapidly and also waving your gunberd around for good measure, you scare off the beast into the woods and proceed back up the treacherous face of the mountain. However, sooner than later, you discover that the same creature--or one of its kind--is still stalking you! To scare it off, you fire your gunberd into the air, and the ring of its noise scares the beast into the shape of a tree.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[3+1] You flash through the wall, coming into a room filled with smoke and echoing voices. Your senses are dulled by the sudden surprise and the stench of burnt air rushing into your lungs, but you stay just long enough to make out several figures facing each other, taking notice to you and starting to walk to you. As they approach, the smoke gets thinner and thinner until you see their faces. One is a dark man in a pitch black cloak that seems to blend in with the smoke. One is a woman in a light blue cloak wearing what appear to be NV goggles. One is a young man in a yellow cloak who appears to be very angry, and the last one wears a green cloak and a face-concealing mask with a rebreather and air filters.

As they come too close, you flashback to your previous position.

Jo inquires about the dungeons.
"Are there any high priority targets inside the dungeon? Dangerous prisoners in cahoots with the assassins?
Also, this is the only hall leading further into the basement. There are no other exits."

"I believe none of the inmates are psions. However, given the situation... there may be something we do not know."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:16:35 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 16, 2014, 12:24:02 am »

((@Divide: In which occasions does Russano "Warlock" trait apply, by the way? I think this last Flash Portal could do with a +1.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 16, 2014, 02:43:55 am »

((@Divide: In which occasions does Russano "Warlock" trait apply, by the way? I think this last Flash Portal could do with a +1.))
((I'll retcon this tomorrow. Thanks for pointing it out.))

EDIT: Done.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:17:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 17, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

((Bump))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 18, 2014, 02:18:21 pm »

Ryan panics at the sudden dangerous lighting strike and the next one coming, looking around himself for anything that can help. Ryan spots the antique sword on the wall by Dr. Valenkin.

He points at the sword and say, "Uh, uh w-what about that sword? That's sharp and pointy and metal! That'd work right?" He kinda realizes he didn't need to state the obvious of a sword being sharp, pointy or metal after the already said it.

Say words!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 18, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »

Ryan panics at the sudden dangerous lighting strike and the next one coming, looking around himself for anything that can help. Ryan spots the antique sword on the wall by Dr. Valenkin.

He points at the sword and say, "Uh, uh w-what about that sword? That's sharp and pointy and metal! That'd work right?" He kinda realizes he didn't need to state the obvious of a sword being sharp, pointy or metal after the already said it.

Say words!

"That's... actually perfect! How are we going to get to it though? If one of us reaches up we're just asking to get shocked by the grounded building frame."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 18, 2014, 02:38:43 pm »

"Can't you grab it with something? Like uh... uh... wrap your hand with the extension cord? Or a shirt maybe? Or grab it's handle? Or is the handle metal too?"
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »

"Can't you grab it with something? Like uh... uh... wrap your hand with the extension cord? Or a shirt maybe? Or grab it's handle? Or is the handle metal too?"

"I don't want to raise my head above the desk. But I may have a solution..."

[5] Dr. Valenkin crawls over to the desk and takes some extension cord out of the drawer. He then crudely fashions a lasso from the extension cord and hurls it like an amateur at the sword. Fortunately, it wraps firmly around the hilt, allowing him to tug on it in order to rip the weapon from its bands holding it to the wooden mount on the wall. It lands at your feet.

"Alright, now what..."
He seems heavily stressed by the situation, although he gets to work peeling the insulation off the cord and wrapping wire around the metal blade. You feel your skin tingle again, followed by another orange spark from the wall, this time from another outlet. Once again the burst is conducted into Geronimo's armor, leaving everyone unharmed.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2014, 04:24:23 pm »

"Wait... couldn't we just stay here until this thing passes? Since this isn't affecting Geronimo and the lightning is just going after him..."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2014, 05:16:45 pm »

"Wait... couldn't we just stay here until this thing passes? Since this isn't affecting Geronimo and the lightning is just going after him..."

Geronimo speaks for himself.
"I... wouldn't want to stay here for long, personally, being a human lightning rod and all that.

Besides, I've no idea what is even going on."

"It must certainly be some kind of attack! The whole place is wired to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Ryan,"
He turns to you.
"Do you have any... enemies on this world? In the sector? Someone who might be chasing you for whatever reason?"

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

"I don't know anyone... except for the thing me, Russano, and our group did... but that was over a month ago... and a month away. If I made enemies with someone before I lost my memories I wouldn't know... I don't know if I was ever here before..."

Ryan said honestly. That when he had an idea. If the lighting keeps coming out of the electrical sockets, then maybe if he reroutes all power away from the room, it'll prevent the lighting from striking in the room again.

"Anyways, I think I have an idea. You do what you was going to with the sword, I'm gonna try something with my powers that might keep the room safe... hopefully.."

Connect with the building's power grid and try to prevent all power from going into this room to start. If I can do that with the surrounding rooms too, that'd be better.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2014, 09:10:57 pm »

"I found gentlemen - and a lady - who are most certainly not knights of the Crown. They are four in number and I am most sure it may be the correct time to forcefully apply our feet to some posterior, as an action film protagonist would say." Russano says after returning to his allies' company. A smirk takes his lips and his eyes seem to brighten even more at the prospect of some possibly challenging combat to go with their adventure.

Of course, he still wished no assassin would have intruded in his planet's business, but alas. Wishful thinking from a diplomat is the foolest kind of them all.

Backtrack the Flash Portal back into the office, but the exit point should be a bit far from the last attempt, in order to prevent a coordinated ambush from the awaiting enemies.

In case the Portal works and as soon as Russano arrives, he'll apply Twisted Transistor to the enemy that seems less inclined towards speedy movement and then Lighting Bolt the enemy that seems the most agile of them all. Edit: Oh, and drag my allies along as well. Cover Perfectio's ass in case he can't handle the heat.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:20:07 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 75