Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: (ADV) DIG'EM! A dirtbound story.  (Read 12596 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: (ADV) DIG'EM! A dirtbound story.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »

Okay, lets try digging a soft diagonal slope behind our house. try for 25 degrees and a bit taller than strictly neccessary.
+1, also, *facepalm*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 04:14:29 pm »

>Keep an eye out for any minerals while digging!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 04:15:54 pm »

Okay, lets try digging a soft diagonal slope behind our house. try for 25 degrees and a bit taller than strictly neccessary.
+1, also, *facepalm*
+1. Dig only about 20-30 feet down, max, to start, and spiral a little to avoid crossing property lines.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »

>Check the box for anything else

>Hum a tune while you mine.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 04:17:10 pm »

+1, also, *facepalm*
+1. Dig only about 20-30 feet down, max, to start, and spiral a little to avoid crossing property lines.
I'm pretty sure we're about the only one around, so property lines may not be an issue. Nevertheless, +1.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 04:28:51 pm »

> Examine white sign.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:41 pm »

Also: examine red things on the side of the house.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »

>Dig random holes in celebration of your new drill

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 04:37:36 pm »

Unless we can fill those holes with dirt, we should avoid this.
Because we might need the space to build stuff!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:48 pm »

They would make useful pit traps, to stop people sneaking up on us. You know they're watching, just waiting to steal our drill.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »

They would make useful pit traps, to stop people sneaking up on us. You know they're watching, just waiting to steal our drill.
No pit traps until we know where our base is going to be.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 04:59:55 pm »

> mine the mine! pick up anything of value you need to get some cash in the bank to buy things like a generator... and lights and wires and support beams  and shit! can't mine deep with just your little helmet light... you do have a helmet light right?

edit:

> also lets calm down for a second here, what else is in the box?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:03:47 pm by Talvara »

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 10:19:59 pm »

>Check the box for anything else.

> also lets calm down for a second here, what else is in the box?

You decide to calm down a little and take another gander in the box. You find a letter, which when you opened it, contained a digging license badge! You promptly put the badge on and started to read the letter:

--------------------------------------------------

Miss Diana, we have recieved your notification of wanting to become part of the Digger's League and thus responded with haste with your own personal license badge and Spindread Personal Drill. These items come both at the sign up prize of 500 Peda and the law that you must produce at least 100 Peda's worth of minerals in the next 5 days. If you accomplish this task, you will be assigned the proper full digging license, granting you access to the full catalog of the Digger's League. Until then, please use the items you have now to find as many minerals as you can and pay back the safety fee.

This fee is only in use because some useless beings purchase the License and then just run off with the Spindread and badge, never to be heard from again. Because of this, you should be able to understand why we have the rule.

Happy Digging!
Best regards, Cornelius Jewelerson, headmaster of the Digger's League of Augrist.

--------------------------------------------------

Wait...

There's a time limit?? Oh dear.

> Examine white sign.

Ah! Your sign! Yes, you made it yourself, from an old bed cloth! You aren't that great at naming things though, so your company is named "Mining Co."! You just hope no other company has that name...

Also: examine red things on the side of the house.

Oh, these things came with the house! Since moving out here, the building has been rigged with two geothermal kinetic reactors. You have absolutely no idea how they work, other than that the lava or magma or whatever inside the planet moves around, which the reactors picks up on and thus generates power from that to power the Mining Co. Shack.

Gosh, that almost hurts to think about...

Dig!

> mine the mine! pick up anything of value you need to get some cash in the bank to buy things like a generator... and lights and wires and support beams  and shit! can't mine deep with just your little helmet light... you do have a helmet light right?

>Hum a tune while you mine.

You decide to finally start digging, whilst humming a tune silently to yourself.

Digga' tunna' digga' digga' tunna'...

as you dig out and soften out part of the dirt, you move it back out with your bare arms. It actually takes quite a while to get anywhere this way, but you have enough energy to keep doing this for now!

After a little while of digging, you suddenly stumble upon something that glistens!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:35:09 pm by Dexexe1234 »

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »

MINE!
It's FEF, not FEOF

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 10:24:00 pm »

Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8