Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108348 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #1005 on: February 05, 2013, 05:02:59 pm »

Chaos air, and something then.
Snakes.

And I think the weapons GWG suggested are somewhat superfluous in the case of the snakes, firejackets, and flamespewers (if we have elder fireball guns we don't need napalm sprayers)
I wasn't sure what we had agreed on, and why are the others superfluous?

And the Chaos Cannon is a special superweapon, and isn't really a concern for the turrets, having it's own dedicated mount.
Okay, I'm pretty sure we're thinking at different points.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 05, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »

Why make firejackets rest in positions harder to defend instead of in the main citadel?
And since we and Krait together have plenty of flying stuff and snakes already, we could just make snake rain by loading up something with snakes and carpet bombing.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 05, 2013, 05:11:37 pm »

GWG: to clear up the "trojan horse" flowers are just regular flowers that shoot out a variety of non-lethal things. I was just thinking about how to improve the look of our village but at the same time have something that we can internally defend it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 05, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

GWG: to clear up the "trojan horse" flowers are just regular flowers that shoot out a variety of non-lethal things. I was just thinking about how to improve the look of our village but at the same time have something that we can internally defend it.
elven hippie riot control.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 05, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »

I support this if there is an option to turn them to lethal mode as the need arises.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 05, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

No, that requires nightsticks, riot gear, and the national guard.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:17 pm »

No, that requires nightsticks, riot gear, and the national guard.
The elven hppies are controlling the riot, not starting one. Contrary to popular belief, hippy governments are extremely authoritarian.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 05, 2013, 06:13:20 pm »

Why make firejackets rest in positions harder to defend instead of in the main citadel?
Why not have some hives full of creatures which produce healing salve/explosive/food/etc and can also be sent out to burn our enemies?

And since we and Krait together have plenty of flying stuff and snakes already, we could just make snake rain by loading up something with snakes and carpet bombing.
It seems more efficient to be able to summon appropriate snakes on command. I was mostly thinking of a more original idea of how to use Krait's offered favor.

I support this if there is an option to turn them to lethal mode as the need arises.
Why? We have other ways of being lethal. Besides, it's not nearly so bad to have nonlethal attack flowers as it would be if they could be used by miscreants to set people on fire and give them extra limbs and such.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 05, 2013, 06:18:08 pm »

Why not have some hives full of creatures which produce healing salve/explosive/food/etc and can also be sent out to burn our enemies?
It's more a question of where to put them. I'm saying we put said hives inside the main area instead of on weapons platforms.

As for the boon, I suggest some sort of poison related boon, just for variety (not able to be deflected by Mobius Strip over in the EoT)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 05, 2013, 06:38:46 pm »

It's more a question of where to put them. I'm saying we put said hives inside the main area instead of on weapons platforms.
The hives wouldn't be a main weapon; we'd just make it easy to toss a hive or several down if we had to. Because, let's face it, it'll be useful to do so eventually, if only to spread firejackets.

As for the boon, I suggest some sort of poison related boon, just for variety (not able to be deflected by Mobius Strip over in the EoT)
That could work. Maybe a Viper-Summoning Boon would be better. Poison and a live snake.
Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 05, 2013, 06:45:30 pm »

Hey Corruptor, what actually is a 'Larcoma tower/cannon'?
*facepalm* I mispelled it in the update - I'll fix that as soon as I get back from class tonight. Lacrima are receptacles for magical energy, like a capacitor of sorts. Since manarack continually outputs a trickle of pure mana, element-aligned lacrima can charge themselves off of it - of course how quickly they charge depends on the amount of manarack.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 05, 2013, 06:47:19 pm »

The hives wouldn't be a main weapon; we'd just make it easy to toss a hive or several down if we had to. Because, let's face it, it'll be useful to do so eventually, if only to spread firejackets.
The problem with that is we would be tossing overboard valuable hives of firenectar. What is the advantage over just sending firejackets?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:33 pm »

The problem with that is we would be tossing overboard valuable hives of firenectar. What is the advantage over just sending firejackets?
Again, it's not a common tactic, more of an emergency thing. It sounds like the kind of thing that could come in handy and we'd regret not adding a simple thing like that some time later.
Oh, and to answer your question: Ever kicked a yellowjacket nest?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »

Again, it's not a common tactic, more of an emergency thing. It sounds like the kind of thing that could come in handy and we'd regret not adding a simple thing like that some time later.
I know it would be a good emergency tactic with normal bees, but we can reproduce the effect by telling our firejackets to go hug the targets. More accurate and no turret slots required.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 05, 2013, 07:34:43 pm »

I know it would be a good emergency tactic with normal bees, but we can reproduce the effect by telling our firejackets to go hug the targets. More accurate and no turret slots required.
The hives are filled with what I presume is a highly flammable substance; telling the firejackets to go "hug" enemies isn't quite the same as having them angered; we can't always be relying on our own personal command for last-ditch defense stuff; and who said it would take a turret slot? It would just be something with however we set up the hives that makes it easier to detach and drop them.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 72