Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108010 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #765 on: January 30, 2013, 08:39:30 pm »

Here's a compromise; turn those trogolodytes into chameleon doppelgänger things to be our spies.
but we already have a spy.  I think.
Not one that can fake humanity, let alone fake being a specific person. Which is a weakness with shapeshifters; either they show up as a stranger, or they take the place of a person who's still around and probably do a poor job of imitating him/her. The influence fungus or whatever sound more versatile.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 30, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »

Here's a compromise; turn those trogolodytes into chameleon doppelgänger things to be our spies.
Not one that can fake humanity, let alone fake being a specific person. Which is a weakness with shapeshifters; either they show up as a stranger, or they take the place of a person who's still around and probably do a poor job of imitating him/her. The influence fungus or whatever sound more versatile.
Or we create things similar to what that other chaos dude has.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:32 pm »

Yeah, but chameleons also function as scouts, being able to blend in with the enviro as well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:28 pm »

Or we create things similar to what that other chaos dude has.
Remind me, what are the practical differences between that and some form of mind-influencing fungus?

Yeah, but chameleons also function as scouts, being able to blend in with the enviro as well.
We've already got good scouts; no need to water down a new creation to give us more.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 30, 2013, 09:11:23 pm »

I'd rather make our own unique design that builds off the ideas of others and plays to our strengths rather than just directly copying something that someone else has already made.  I think some of the later design reccomendations were quite agreeable.  They leave the option for less permanent alterations to the people infected and as said we could restrict its use to enemy soldiers.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 30, 2013, 09:16:49 pm »

Rolpgeek: I think we don't need them to have chameleon skin. Think about it they are probably considered pests at best. Would you ever consider a pest a spy? I would certainly not. I would just consider giving them better intelligence then boom a good spy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 30, 2013, 09:20:40 pm »

...These creatures which may kill and eat a sentient being are only considered pests?!? Besides the part where I doubt Order gods will like pests...or anything alive that isn't theirs when facing a Life god.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2013, 09:50:30 pm »

Rolpgeek: Well if there is a lower class there is mostly poor living conditions equals easy way to infiltrate into the city where these pests wouldn't be considered spies.

__

We should probably just stick with the sleeper agent idea.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »

Lower class is relative. The lower class might be starving but live in pristine homes. Besides, what evidence do we have of them being common in aboveground cities? We've seen none before the dwarves brought them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 30, 2013, 11:04:02 pm »

Lower class is relative. The lower class might be starving but live in pristine homes.
Do we have anything to suggest this to be the case?
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:32 pm »

Lower class is relative. The lower class might be starving but live in pristine homes.
Do we have anything to suggest this to be the case?
No, but...
It's probably easiest to assume the Order gods have a 1984 setup going, anyway.
I don't know about you guys, but that's no way for a person to live. We have to do something about this.
Anyway, I agree with using mind control bugs on people; as long as they have a trigger. Like, they can grow into someone's brain, but unless we expend mana telling them to go off, they remain docile.
Or really just any scheme to allow us to control them.

For the troglodytes: slave class.
Lets make them into either bug or plant creatures(lizard beings might be rude to Krait, and I think Leto might not mind if they're bugs), and then get them to propagate. Bam, instant bunch of slave workers. And as they lack powerful souls, it's obvious they're less free-willed, or less intelligent or less.. something than regular beings. So we can control them, or setup their bodies to be controlled, with ease. Compared to humans.
I don't advise them as worshippers. Jaras are superior in that respect.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 30, 2013, 11:51:52 pm »

Our Life forces have so far been mostly insectile. I think bugs should be our theme, or "Lower" life forms, anyway. Even though they dominate the planet.

Seriously, reading "Micro" has given me huge respect for my insect friends.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 30, 2013, 11:54:20 pm »

Our Life forces have so far been mostly insectile. I think bugs should be our theme, or "Lower" life forms, anyway. Even though they dominate the planet.

Bugs are abominations and when we make a mammal, we should toss all our previously made insectoid life into a lake of fire.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »

Bugs are abominations and when we make a mammal, we should toss all our previously made insectoid life into a lake of fire.
-1, the lower life thing is cool.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:51 am »

-1, the lower life thing is cool.
Also, I will kill off all the other voices in my head. Starting with you Remuthra. Starting with you...
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 72