Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108181 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2013, 10:53:35 pm »

Turtles  with a size of a cat. Reproduce by eggs. Eat flammable materials  have no internal organs as they  powered by magic of fire... Store  fire in their shells, can open holes in the shell and shoot rays of fire, warm air, smoke or ash
Have sticky retractable legs, can attach themselves to almost any surface, have  a hard shell that have great insulating properties. Feel sources of heat, so can aim at enemies even with head hidden. Doesn't fully die unless fire inside the shell is extinguished, If head\legs are injuried\lost\dead they will regrow, come to life if there are enough energy inside ( so even if it's deathfielded it's not exactly died)
I likey. He he he...

Civilian roles:
1) Provide fertilizer (ash,)
2) Heaters (produce warm air).
3) Waste bin

Military roles:
Can be used as
1) Small turrets with a serious punch for it's size that can be attached to anything, can be carried to any battle and positioned in key places with little preparation
2) Jet engines (they shoot warm air)
3) Smoke generators
4) Alive mines ( being small they can hide and attack when needed)
Excellent...

In short: very universal creature to have.
May make large turtles too, but small size provide many benefits, from faster reproduction to stealth to  to utility so should start with those
The Chaos Turtles I proposed are sea turtles. In American English, the land chelonians are called "tortoises," freshwater ones are called "turtles," and marine ones are called "sea turtles." What are they called in whichever version of English you speak?
But yes, huge Turret Tortoises would be sweet. Tank Tortoises.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58:46 pm »

-Wrong thread, whoops-
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:00:36 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:30 pm »

What a nice tine to get a natural 20 :)

Looks like we got a sentient

After explaining it to the man - who is currently working on a enormous mushroom structure, a marketplace apparently -
Like that:) Marketplace + roads is our way to economical power
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:17:22 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:02 pm »

Turtles  with a size of a cat. Reproduce by eggs. Eat flammable materials  have no internal organs as they  powered by magic of fire... Store  fire in their shells, can open holes in the shell and shoot rays of fire, warm air, smoke or ash
Have sticky retractable legs, can attach themselves to almost any surface, have  a hard shell that have great insulating properties. Feel sources of heat, so can aim at enemies even with head hidden. Doesn't fully die unless fire inside the shell is extinguished, If head\legs are injuried\lost\dead they will regrow, come to life if there are enough energy inside ( so even if it's deathfielded it's not exactly died)
I likey. He he he...

Civilian roles:
1) Provide fertilizer (ash,)
2) Heaters (produce warm air).
3) Waste bin

Military roles:
Can be used as
1) Small turrets with a serious punch for it's size that can be attached to anything, can be carried to any battle and positioned in key places with little preparation
2) Jet engines (they shoot warm air)
3) Smoke generators
4) Alive mines ( being small they can hide and attack when needed)
Excellent...

In short: very universal creature to have.
May make large turtles too, but small size provide many benefits, from faster reproduction to stealth to  to utility so should start with those
The Chaos Turtles I proposed are sea turtles. In American English, the land chelonians are called "tortoises," freshwater ones are called "turtles," and marine ones are called "sea turtles." What are they called in whichever version of English you speak?
But yes, huge Turret Tortoises would be sweet. Tank Tortoises.
+1 to blastoise?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:17 pm »

Holy fuck we have our race. Worship turtles? YES.

I say we name him Charles. Charles just seems like a good name, not too pompous, not too boring, and fitting for a fire person. He is a person now, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:53 pm »

Antiblastoise.

Holy fuck we have our race.
We may indeed.

I say we name him Charles. Charles just seems like a good name, not too pompous, not too boring, and fitting for a fire person. He is a person now, after all.
No, Jara Hamee.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:07 pm »

In fact I am quite worried by our creation... It will not be 100% obedient and with it's abilities... brr

But I don't think that we made a new race... because we gave him no means to reproduce and I doubt that it's easy to copy a sentient creature

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:38 pm »

What? No. Why would we give him a multi-worded name? Do we want Commander Shortknuckles in the future? Shas'o ge'ju huim'la fucking'ly long'ass na'me?

Give him a typical name, so our followers don't think he's a goddamned weirdo. Well, actually, in this, if we were to give him an actual name, it should be Kane, or Eliphas or some shit. Some video game or movie reference or another.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:07 pm »

In fact I am quite worried by our creation... It will not be 100% obedient and with it's abilities... brr
Hey, let us enjoy our "God Delusion High."

But I don't think that we made a new race... because we gave him no means to reproduce and I doubt that it's easy to copy a sentient creature
Ah.
...Well, let's see if we can once Jara gets lonely.

What? No. Why would we give him a multi-worded name? Do we want Commander Shortknuckles in the future? Shas'o ge'ju huim'la fucking'ly long'ass na'me?
Give him a typical name, so our followers don't think he's a goddamned weirdo. Well, actually, in this, if we were to give him an actual name, it should be Kane, or Eliphas or some shit. Some video game or movie reference or another.
Jara Hamee. Reference to a book. Two short words, first and last names. And no sillier than Donut.
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2013, 11:40:39 pm »

He's dual.. triple wielding references, we've gotta bust out a happy medium.
Normal name be damned!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

Normal name be damned!
Before I respond: Which he, and which references?
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2013, 11:50:15 pm »

Normal name be damned!
Before I respond: Which he, and which references?
The creature.
Animorphs(Bark eating; may just be a coincidence), Slenderman(Tall, slender man, Slenderman has tentacles in some depictions, too), Demonhood(It has a flame inside of it, and has to do with fire, would be a coincidence if we weren't a fire god, also Yrlvnt is a tallman, too).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 26, 2013, 12:35:21 am »

I understand the book reference you were making, but it's been game and movie/show references so far.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 26, 2013, 09:49:39 am »

I say we name him Maurice.  Or Keith.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 26, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

I don't understand how it's related to demonhood simply because it has fire inside of it...we specified that it would.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72