Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24797 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2013, 03:43:11 pm »

so the tally is earth-3, air-2, and water-2. I'll explain them in depth more just to see if i can get a definitive victor,, rather than a scrape by victor.

"I see you are having trouble deciding on the power sigil. It is good that you are thinking into this. I shall start by explaining earth. Giving the golem earth abilities will cause it to be physically stronger than another golem of its same size, but ever so slightly slower. as well as giving it minor abilities over moving earth itself, where at its size it would be able to place a hand on a stone and smooth it, or place its hand on the ground and cause it to rise several inches. usually, earth golems act more defensively, though still deal damage."
"Giving it Air abilities will cause it to be faster than most golems of it's size, but slightly weaker. it will be able to do more acrobatic things, such as jumping higher and climbing walls. It also will give the golem a minor ability to cause, at its size, a minor cooling breeze within 1 foot of it. usually, air golems act more stealthily."
"Giving water will let the golem move water slightly, in the way that an earth golem could move stone. It also lets the water maintain a physical shape, such as a shield that would greatly hinder any blunt item trying to hit it. When water is given as a rune to a golem, it would also be more defensive and try to take any sort of damage that others would take."
"Lastly, giving the golem fire would let it cause itself to take a burning state, where it does not itself take damage from teh fire, but could ignite what it touches. This exhausts the golem, and would have it rest much more than an average one. Also, when fire is given as a rune to a golem, it acts much more aggressive, causing it to throw itself in front of enemies more."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2013, 03:45:28 pm »

Again, for a helper golem, earth, because it will help construct the forms of other golems.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2013, 03:47:40 pm »

Sticking to Earth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2013, 03:51:00 pm »

Ok with the earth power thing I'll go earth.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:53:03 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2013, 04:00:49 pm »

Ok with the earth power thing I'll go earth.

Eh fine. Same.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »

I believe we have reached a consensus of earth and sandstone then.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2013, 05:00:46 pm »

"I wish to use sandstone, and the power rune of earth."
"Alright." your master confirms. He places the small ball of sandstone in your hand.
"The power rune of earth is 'Firtel' meaning stone- fir, and force- tel. It is not coincidence that it sounds like the word fertile, many words in our language stem from Faestal, with similar meanings." with this, he nods as he hands you a thin, solid metal rod referred to as a pen, due to the fact that it writes like a regular pen does, and motions you to begin.
You place the pen against the sigil, carving in first Faesil, second Tolporah, and lastly Firtel. You place the sigil inside the golem, the hole slowly seals itself off with clay, then slowly, two spots on its head begin to glow a dull blue. These are its eyes. It jumps to life, and waves at you. You slowly wave back.

"Now, it happens that exactly one week from now is the faircliff harvest festival. As it also happens, an ambassador from the kingdom's Ardent guild is to arrive on that day as well. We don't exactly want to fall into bad favor with them, therefore I am going to ask of you, could you go into the woods to find some wild game to hunt? You can bring your golem with you, as it could most likely help by entering rabbit holes or such and carry small game back."
He slowly walks over to a closet, casually opening it as he pulls out three weapons. A bow with a quiver of arrows, a simple iron short sword and wooden shield, and a large, but still simple, iron two handed sword.
"Now which of these did you use? I always forget...."
"You realize that nobody is going to be running around the forest killing deer with a sword, right?"
"I might know of where some wolves are...."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2013, 05:04:52 pm »

Could we go instead for a a warhammer?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2013, 05:06:11 pm »

We use the sword and shield.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

I would say sword and shield indeed for now otherwise. Most balanced of the three. But come on, a warhammer would be most useful in fighting enemy golems, which I suspect will have to happen quite a bit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:11:36 pm by Remuthra »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2013, 05:10:13 pm »

The great sword. I am not delicate when it comes to that art.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:19 pm »

Bow. You can actually hunt with it.

Long-term, the golems can be meatshields, while we shoot over their backs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2013, 05:21:55 pm »

Bow. You can actually hunt with it.

Long-term, the golems can be meatshields, while we shoot over their backs.

+1 maybe later we can replace the bow with a magical staff if they exist, or better yet just learn how to hurl lightning.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 05:22:42 pm »

Not the bow because it lacks in power. You want something with a decent kick behind it for your weapon. If we go ranged weapons we should get something like the javelin launcher from LFR.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »

Not the bow because it lacks in power. You want something with a decent kick behind it for your weapon. If we go ranged weapons we should get something like the javelin launcher from LFR.
Bows have plenty of power in the real world.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22