Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3920028 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: *SUDDENLY APPEARS*
« Reply #22950 on: October 26, 2016, 04:40:21 pm »

Mmmmm....not quite sure what we should do now....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Riltia's icon is red and glitchy, and I know from experience it'll zap me if I try to select her.
Maybe shenanigans or SCIENCE!! could help.Iiiiit's a small world aaaaafterall...
It can't just keep zapping forever, maybe Proxxy has some way of draining charge?Iiiiit's a small world aaaaafterall...
Or perhaps it can be overloaded?Iiiiit's a small world aaaaafterall...
It should be worth asking Proxxy about it regardless.It's a, small, world, af, ter, alllll.
Proxxy is good at that sort of thing.Iiiiit's a small world aaaaafterall.
Ask Proxxy if Riltia's buttons can be made safe and non-zappy to press.Iiiiit;s a small world aaaaafterall.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22952 on: October 26, 2016, 11:42:39 pm »

+1 to selling/storing our useless shit.
Cook that egg into a tasty omelet.

By the way, where were you for 6 months, Ciro?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22953 on: October 27, 2016, 05:07:46 am »

What blasphemy is this

updates?

from the GM?

that's not how this works

that's not how this works at all

For everyone wondering what the heck we're doing, I'll just take a moment to point you at the Advanced Navigation posts. You can follow the nav link right to Part 4 if you just want a refresher on the last dozen updates, or you can bounce around as you remember things.
I remember that now! It's where I keep some of the duties I'm shirking!

Also the past few updates have the best faces.

Also, Ciro, don't let no grey-skinned hussie supplant your position of prominence in Al's harem!
Did we ever confirm if that fabulous hussie was a she? I remember I was going to ask at some point before realizing I don't care, it goes in the harem.

+1 to storing the statue, either in storage or Milli's house. Preferably in Milli's house where our second-fiddle slaves can gaze upon its majesty at all times, but I'll understand if it's cramped in there.

No cooking the egg. Bad! We have like 900 arbitrary meaningless time units left until it hatches and we get to apply our inane brand of brain-lashed tomfoolery to parenting.

Anyway I have the best idea ever and I only need a few minutes to confirm that it's work and I won't be doing it. STAY TUNED.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22954 on: October 27, 2016, 07:04:45 am »

PRESENTING IRONYOWL'S REVIEW PUPPET SHOW

: "Hey there, how many of you remember what's going on?"

: "..."

: "That's what I thought! That means it's time for pictures!"

"Now, you all remember we're in a dungeon crawl, right? As we advance, we face ever greater challenges and plot and such. In theory.

As you might recall, DL1 was basically a tutorial mission. On DL2 we faced Proxxy, the bumblebee airhead who's now in our party. DL3 was home to Hellyfish and Cain, the caged murderer, as well as an antimagic field that forced us to roll to use our spells.

DL4 is home to Ecco, a stylish jackass trying to rebel against Oric because he doesn't want his girlfriend to see him forget about her again. Also an airship. And robot ghosts.

We've never returned to DL1, but we cleared DL2 and Al got a special side adventure in the hellish nightmare world DL2 became as a result. We don't seem to have cleared DLs 3 or 4, and we haven't even seen 5 or below."

"Between DLs are sub DLs, which seem to function somewhat like sewers. There's also, at least in the case of DL1 and DL2, enough vents and crap to have an entire village of useful services plus wilderness to roam around in. But you remembered that because you knew that's where we were licking rocks for six years trying to cheese an outer sucker boss fight, right?"

: "That's all for now, but next time we'll go into who's who and what they're trying to murder!"

: "I'll bet you feel less like trying to blunder into the nearest perceived source of loot because you don't remember any other options already, right?"

: "Great! Tune in next time, for the next incredible episode of Maybe We Can Avoid The Inevitable With Pretty Pictures!"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22955 on: October 27, 2016, 08:15:53 am »

i (politely) demand this be added to advanced navigation, it's the most worthwhile update since that time Al gave the menuless cat to Riltia to boost her shipping rating, only it didn't matter in the end because she already had a waifu ? ?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #22956 on: October 27, 2016, 11:43:22 am »

i (politely) demand this be added to advanced navigation, it's the most worthwhile update since that time Al gave the menuless cat to Riltia to boost her shipping rating, only it didn't matter in the end because she already had a waifu ? ?

Hey, that cat has a long and storied history of Shipping Grid manipulation! Every other update is basically filler.

Also it is done.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22957 on: October 29, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »

Do... the thing... that we should do... yeah.

all I remember is something about an insoluble secret code to get Proxxy out of jail

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22958 on: October 29, 2016, 05:40:50 pm »

We got Proxxy out of that jail, but never solved the accompanying cypher. Which is a little ominous.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22959 on: October 29, 2016, 07:24:45 pm »

Plenty of other ominous hints and such that we've missed. OverandOut for example.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22960 on: October 30, 2016, 12:05:54 am »

IRONYOWL'S THINGS YOU KNEW BUT FORGOT ABOUT PUPPET SHOW RETURNS

: "So you're all ready to make informed decisions, right?"

: "Release the Powerpoint!"

"In absolute theory, the Warrens are ruled by the iron fist of Oric the Awesome. In practice, everyone wants his throne and he's currently vying against at least three different factions trying for his head. According to an insane murderer, he got his job by setting up the Warrens in their current state, then murdering its former masters and installing his own underlings in their place."

"Beneath Oric are the SIX SINISTER SIBLINGS OF ORIC THE AWESOME. They each rule over their own Dungeon Level, and in theory are Oric's lackeys. In practice, being major players in the Warrens and all, they're a prime source of intrigue and, shall we say, polite disagreement. Ecco is currently rebelling against Oric, Proxxy appears still somewhat loyal but also is working with us, Riltia was working with us but has since stabbed us in the back, Floe is lurking around with Angels, and of course Cain is still shackled on his own DL for feasting upon everyone the first chance he gets."

"In theory loyal to Oric, the Angels seem to serve him mostly out of fear, while retaining what seems to be genuine loyalty to The Last Seraph. Their exact function is unclear, but they seem to serve a largely background role, perhaps helping to keep the Warrens running in the background. They've been muttering about a new King lately, which most of them seem to think is us but at least one believes is Al."

"The monsters and shock troops of the Warrens are the Illborn, creatures that have had their souls shucked to power the Warrens and its masters. They are known to serve Siblings, but at least one Hellyfish on DL3 insisted it 'MUST OBEY LORD'. Many of them are little more than mindless beasts, which is to say they're thinking, talking beings we don't bother doing either to before killing."

"Finally, The Last Seraph, also known as the LORD. Originally ruler of the entire Warrens, Oric fixed up her operation and then savagely murdered her kin before maiming her, taking her prisoner, and enslaving her servants. Officially a nonfactor, she seems to be involved in some kind of attempted coup, with numerous Angels making reference to a new candidate or king. She was said to have crafted three Soul Stars of unimaginable power, one of which is presumably Oric's; given references to weapons of great power being involved, it may mean one of those is necessary or convenient to such a rebellion. Our Astral Influx and Al's Illborn Exchange are both suspected candidates, though neither has exactly proven to be an unstoppable juggernaut of power just yet."

: "So, you all know what you want to do?"

: "To the opportunities!"

"There are a number of places to advance plot, but we're not going to worry about those. We're going to worry about how to get swag.

Dungeon Levels are the obvious first choice for phat lewt and having one's entrails hurled against a nearby wall. We have access to DL3, the antimagic zone infested with Hellyfish and amazing savings, as well as DL4, the skyship filled with singing robot ghosts, one of which we allied with before abandoning him for his brothers instead. We should also have access to DL2, if there's anything left of it after we cleared the eyeless eternally screaming thing it had become upon cleared the first time.

Outer Underside is also an option! Which you knew because this outer sucker infested cavern system is where we just were.

The Arena should be a good place to compete for items, but we don't have an access point at the moment. The one we knew about was on DL2 before it... changed.

Finally, we have some side options. The Skill Tree lets us combine reagents into skills. Not necessarily useful skills, but if we can get some reagents, we can get some skills. Remember that a reagent is anything without an existing use! Milli's, er, Al's House isn't really an option in its own right, but leaving unnecessary party members there can produce materials or crafting attempts. Finally, there's a creepy door that sells us quests.

Oh, and not shown: Dark Cathedral and Mercenary Market. Merc Market seems to be offline due to Chief's disappearance, but could formerly be used to purchase or complete quests for Illborn party members. Dark Cathedral is used to buff Illborn, though the exact mechanics are poorly understood."

: "So now that your base material greed has been satisfied, I bet you want to dive into the complex politics of the Warrens and the inner spiritual significance of your own existence!"

: "Aaaaaaand we're done here! Please try to do stuff because it's a good idea and not the only thing you're sure exists."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22961 on: October 30, 2016, 12:13:42 am »

After selling loot let's go fight Ecco already because I want to hear the full version of his theme song.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:25:18 am by Egan_BW »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22962 on: October 30, 2016, 01:16:20 am »

Have we confirmed that the quests are evil and we will regret doing them?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22963 on: October 30, 2016, 01:17:09 am »

I'm still ticked we never got that ruby for the party member.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22964 on: October 30, 2016, 01:22:08 am »

+1 to resuming this awesome adventure after a long hiatus with an update about selling off loot.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 ... 1544