Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900756 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pbbththtb
« Reply #22410 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:20 am »

Don't use our own blood ya freakin nerds just spread some outer sucker goo all over it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22411 on: January 11, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

Suggestion: What's stopping us from looting the entire treasure vault, without needing to open the door and confront the boss?
Fitting it through the door, presumably.

Still, I like your style.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22412 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:48 am »

Really, the sneakiest way to beat this boss I can think of would be to tell some other boss about some incredibly powerful, ancient treasure being guarded by a monster in the Outer Underside, then wait as the two of them duke it out, only to slay the victor while we have them off-guard. Nothing could go wrong with such a plan. Nothing.

Anyway, my real decision would be to support monk12's suggestion that we get back on track to clearing out the Skyship, but it might be entertaining to watch a few failed attempts at shenanigans first.

IronyOwl, I mean the entire boss room!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:18:16 am by Chris the OK »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22413 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:12 am »

Really, the sneakiest way to beat this boss I can think of would be to tell some other boss about some incredibly powerful, ancient treasure being guarded by a monster in the Outer Underside, then wait as the two of them duke it out, only to slay the victor while we have them off-guard. Nothing could go wrong with such a plan. Nothing.

On the other hand...

Hm... perhaps diplomacy is the way to convince the wormlord whose children we've been murdering to give us her loot for free!

IronyOwl, I mean the entire boss room!
Of course, but we'd still need to fit it through the door to wherever we're keeping it, unless we're just going to slap a "LOOTED FOR GLORY OF CIRO" sticker on it and leave it in place.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22414 on: January 11, 2016, 10:42:41 am »

That's quite a helpful tip.

But not an illborn. Illborn don't care for treasure, either. We'd need a human boss. (The plan rests on being able to tempt someone powerful to abandon their usual routine to come out all this way to the Outer Underside.)

Plus, generally speaking, I think we have fucked up straight-up diplomacy a few times too many, already. We need to try being a bit more scheming. Generally speaking.

Anyway, it's lovely to be back on Bay 12, but I'll be back at the next update. My own garden is looking a little overgrown with the gnarled turnips of neglected tasks. :(

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22415 on: January 11, 2016, 11:02:24 am »

I say we try to use our combined might to loot the golden statue.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22416 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:57 am »

Keep drilling east until you hit something unusual.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22417 on: January 11, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »

But using blopdomancy on a simple message across a wall would theoretically not consume much blood. And it would grant us SCIENCE!! pertaining to bloodmancy over long distance, via teleportation, and when directly affected by other forces. Hopefully we could use it to bloodhound our way to the treasure if it didn't go where we think that it did...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22418 on: January 11, 2016, 09:07:48 pm »

Suggestion: What's stopping us from looting the entire treasure vault, without needing to open the door and confront the boss?

Still, I like your style.

Incredibly silly idea: Use blood drill to dig giant, sloping passage downwards, undermining the entire boss room. When it finally falls downwards, (we may have to dig out above it as well to free it from the rock) it slides down the slope into the pit of acid. After that, rappel down to the roof, open the door using some contrivance to avoid standing in the acid while doing so, let the acid flow into the boss room and nature take its course. Hopefully the loot chest is acid-proof.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22419 on: January 11, 2016, 10:00:37 pm »

The boss is also acid proof. It's a giant outersucker and regular ones are known to be acid proof.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:10:26 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22420 on: January 11, 2016, 11:06:29 pm »

Why not make a disguise? I mean Ciro's got some mad puppet making skills, we could make some undersucker disguises.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22421 on: January 11, 2016, 11:09:57 pm »

Forge some documents, easy.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22422 on: January 12, 2016, 07:21:22 am »

Why not make a disguise? I mean Ciro's got some mad puppet making skills, we could make some undersucker disguises.

That's a good idea if we want disguises of +10 creepiness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22423 on: January 12, 2016, 10:40:50 am »

team-seduce the boss
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22424 on: January 12, 2016, 10:46:24 am »

Do something(knock on the door?) to lure the damaged outer slicer out of the room. Kill it, and turn its dead body into a disguise for Ciro.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 ... 1544