Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901642 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome
« Reply #21975 on: November 19, 2015, 04:23:38 pm »

And somehow I'm guessing her tracker will say "Riltia is in the DL:7 Boss Room"
My opinion is that it'll say that she's still in the same room as them, then they'll find it stuck on Proxxy's back or something.  I'd be surprised if Riltia didn't know to allow for the potential existence of a tracker, given her apparent position as a late-game boss and her possession of all her memories of previous cycles. 

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: November 19, 2015, 04:54:46 pm »

Gonna try my hand at solving the fourth theorycrafting question.
Spoiler: Theorycrafting (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: November 19, 2015, 05:21:45 pm »

Hey so here's a thought. We've been kind of assuming that Over and Out is the theme of the Eye or Voice (or at least I have), but in light of her betrayal, yandere-ness, and odd connections to the LS and Oric, what if it belongs to Riltia? The weird, doubly layered statements, scrambled tone, the fact that it's marked as the theme of ??? (And Cain's monitor labeled the hexagon-symboled Sibling as ???), there's an awful lot that ties her to us.
It is my opinion Over and Out is the theme of the Void, and the various signals that pass through it. It's less a theme, and more interception of signals, some intermixing to sound like they're saying things they actually aren't.

EDIT:I mean, when it's just a bunch of 'garbage' statements that have different speakers and such, with no context linking them.
Ranging from: "You have stolen assets"(searchbots), "You will rise up and die for our lives"(Ecco or his followers), "Stop my cycle, (no?)know more than you have any other time"(oric?)
From what we've heard when we stare into the void, it seems to match quite well.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:31:27 pm by javierpwn »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21978 on: November 19, 2015, 07:07:57 pm »

Also have we gotten any confirmation that Floe/Auntie is actually the Eye?

Honestly, we've figured out all the Siblings already.

Ecco = Voice
Cain = I can't remember. Rebel?
Ciro = Target
Rilitia = Traitor, I think?
Proxxy = Mechanic
Floe/Auntie = Eye

That's all six of them. There's Oric himself and Chief, who isn't an official Sibling but still runs the Underside as a pseudo=DL.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21979 on: November 19, 2015, 07:30:07 pm »

Back with Plus and Minus, assuming Plus is Riltia, that means that version of Riltia shipped Al x Ciro. This does not flow smoothly with the Ciro obsessed yandere we know today. Maybe Riltia does lose her memories between lives, it's just that this Riltia probably hasn't died in a very long time. This is probably what makes Minus and Plus's cycle so important. It's Sister Seraph's most recent death, and probably the closest Ciro has come to Oric so far. Judging by the references to Ecco there, it seems The Target hasn't even got past Ecco since then.

Wait, that doesn't make since. If Riltia died in that cycle as the boss of DL7, then Ecco should have died too, as he comes before Riltia sequentially. Which means that Minus killed Plus some time before reaching DL7 under the control of the spirits through the Astral Influx, and never got past DL4.

Plus's death in some way affected Al, causing his distrust of the spirits, and the next cycle, Riltia as we know her was born. That Riltia remained for a very long time, and still exist today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21980 on: November 19, 2015, 08:12:44 pm »

You know, I kind of wonder why we only started on this cycle. I mean, did we forget or something?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21981 on: November 19, 2015, 10:19:47 pm »

Maybe we 'die' if the influx is sucked dry...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21982 on: November 19, 2015, 10:32:16 pm »

Maybe we 'die' if the influx is sucked dry...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21983 on: November 19, 2015, 11:24:29 pm »

Collective: become willborn.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21984 on: November 20, 2015, 12:30:38 am »

You know, I kind of wonder why we only started on this cycle. I mean, did we forget or something?
Probably because we only started falling into the Warrens on this cycle.

That said, Ciro only seems to take orders from us, and not other spirits that died before us in the Warrens. Given that there's been enough cycles for Riltia to have had not one, but several affairs where she and Ciro were more than friends, that's.... peculiar.

Perhaps someone did something to the voices of all those who died before us?

Perhaps that has something do with the Influx, and why a certain someone wants us dead.

Hypothesis: Ciro's soul star collects the collective souls of those who die in the Warrens. Oric wants Ciro dead so he can take us - and all the other souls who died in this cycle - and use us as power, then revive Ciro and start it allll over again.

edit: used the wrong term. :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:47:53 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21985 on: November 20, 2015, 01:21:04 am »

The thing with US, according to Polydectes, is that we're one of the few ways to preserve information between cycles. Minus[Heh] some stuff like Proxxy's box and the like, almost everything is lost after revivification. After countless cycles, we become enough of a force to influence things through the Influx. Before now, we probably weren't powerful enough to do anything or the Cycle came off without a hitch even with our feeble intervention. That's obviously changed now. That plus a few other abnormalities with this Cycle[Ciro's semi-botched revival, Al in general and the Last Seraph slowly regaining its power] are what make now the time that we start following the story of the Warrens.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21986 on: November 20, 2015, 02:12:11 am »

I assume the story just had to start somewhere. People have been talking for a long time about how abnormal and special and different this Cycle is, and I've been pointing out for a long time that we've got very little to compare it to.

That said, we did start on DL1, didn't we? That means we were placed there somehow, which might be as simple as a wisp-pulled sled or as complicated as an automated LSS in the ceiling. At least, Ciro's questioned the memory that he jumped down there from Haria like he originally thought.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21988 on: November 20, 2015, 08:25:42 am »

I'm just going to sneak this unfinished thing here.
Well damn. I'm working on something similar and that's infinitely better than mine :P
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21989 on: November 20, 2015, 11:58:43 am »

You....you turned the prayer into music?  Cooooollllll.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 ... 1544