Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3902042 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH SLOWLY TRUDGES ONCE MORE
« Reply #21855 on: November 16, 2015, 07:27:46 pm »

ahhhh.....
speaking of oversoul got any bright ideas for reaching that again?
best I can tell, that might be the only way to get yaos back. considering the manner of his death.
on that note, lets try to figure out what we could have done to save him....
Do we really want to enter Oversoul? I think it's interesting that doubling our Soul Star's capacity was a reward. Sure, it helps in spirit duels, but for it to be entirely a reward—though that obviously isn't guaranteed—Oversoul would need to be a bad thing.

Also, horribly overpowered stuff like Oversoul almost always has a drawback.

Re: Yaos: I think we decided that we needed to give him Soul Charge, which, at the time, we didn't know we could do?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH SLOWLY TRUDGES ONCE MORE
« Reply #21856 on: November 16, 2015, 07:52:33 pm »

Forget Yaos, what about everyone's favourite copycat?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21857 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:02 pm »

I don't really think either Yaos or Copycat is currently a priority. No, I think we ought to focus on A. Dealing with Riltia's Narrative BS Shenanigans, and B. Unraveling whatever the heck is going on with Al's sister (?) unless Al is just playing dumb to hide things from us.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21858 on: November 16, 2015, 08:32:32 pm »

((eeeee it returneth!))
Inspect statue, formulate Plot Theories.

Well, first guess is that it's Riltia's Goddess and/or the Last Seraphim, implying that this room predates the Sinister Siblings. We should get Riltia to inspect the statue to see if anything shakes loose.

Second guess is that Proxxy is right, it's Oric before he got the eyepatch. ORIC WANTS THE TARGET DEAD BECAUSE THEY JABBED OUT HIS EYE AND HE'S STILL PISSED ABOUT THAT. Or, to turn off Epileptic Tree mode, it could mean that this room originates from after Oric entered the Warrens but before he overthrew the Last Seraphim.

Third guess is that it's more recent than both of those, perhaps leftovers from one of the previous incarnations of Ciro or the siblings in an earlier cycle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21859 on: November 16, 2015, 08:50:39 pm »

Loot the shiny gold bits lying round the pillars. Also some of the web lines. Just in case.

+1

I don't really think either Yaos or Copycat is currently a priority. No, I think we ought to focus on A. Dealing with Riltia's Narrative BS Shenanigans, and B. Unraveling whatever the heck is going on with Al's sister (?) unless Al is just playing dumb to hide things from us.

+1 (not that this is an action suggestion, but I agree with the sentiment)

get Riltia to inspect the statue

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21860 on: November 16, 2015, 09:11:11 pm »

And don't forget to ship indiscriminately and arbitrarily.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21861 on: November 16, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »

get Riltia to inspect the statue

+1
Also, the game LIVES! It LIVESSSS!
Oh, and +1.

And also...

Print to Proxxy's visor: "Do you know what Oric's soul star does?"
Hopefully such a small message won't overload it...

And a little bit of theory:

The Astral Influx is more than just a main character selector- it also generates the concept known as the "party" and selects the active and passive. After all, we can manipulate everybody in the party to some degree, the active party more, and the selected character the most.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21862 on: November 16, 2015, 09:18:35 pm »

I'm not entirely sure Riltia is going to give reliable answers, but it's better than nothing I guess.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21863 on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »

ahhhh.....
speaking of oversoul got any bright ideas for reaching that again?
best I can tell, that might be the only way to get yaos back. considering the manner of his death.
on that note, lets try to figure out what we could have done to save him....
I can think of several ideas we never bothered to try.

We Could:

try second shifting his soul star

Destroy his soul star

Have someone hold onto the soul star and maybe it'll drain charge from them instead

Throw the soul star into the void and hope that it may cause illbirth (it's better than willbirth)

Have him kill party members (since killing people who have soul charge automatically gives you their soul charge) and hope that he gets enough charge

And that's all I have.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21864 on: November 16, 2015, 09:28:12 pm »

Loot the shiny gold bits lying round the pillars. Also some of the web lines. Just in case.
Attempt to rap battle the statue.
Print to Proxxy's visor: "Do you know what Oric's soul star does?"
+1 these.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH TRUDGES FAST ONCE MORE
« Reply #21865 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:23 pm »

Wow. One update from FFS and the posting here is on overdrive.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21866 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:48 pm »

Is there ever a reason not to rap battle anything?

WE HUNGER
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE BEHEMOTH TRUDGES FAST ONCE MORE
« Reply #21867 on: November 16, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

*refresh* *refresh* *refresh*

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21868 on: November 16, 2015, 10:17:12 pm »

I'd like to add that a minor line in that update has made me totally paranoid.
Slog suddenly talking unacknowledged seems like a throwaway joke, right? BUT WHAT IF IT ISN'T

what if A. Slog has always been able to voice complex and strategic thoughts and is a lot smarter than I've given him credit for
B. Slog has somehow recently gained that capacity.
C. Slog is not speaking at all, but some sort of outside entity is attempting to warn us-- maybe Slog was just blorbling after all, but something capable of messing with Slog or messing with the speech boxes *cough "all aspects of the narrative at present" cough* is doing so to warn us about Riltia.

I'm leaning on C: How in the world would Slog know about Riltia messing with the narrative when most of the party doesn't know this, if any besides Riltia. How would Slog even know what the narrative is??? Why would we suddenly be hearing Slog talk now????

My crackpot theory is that Riltia is trying to warn us about herself -- I think she's messing with the narrative in increasingly unsubtle ways to make us suspect her: maybe she feels obligated to hide something from us and Ciro but has some tormented second thoughts, perhaps she has need of us suspecting and investigating her for some reason (likely related to her previous' form's death that Al hates us for... this exact same thing happened last cycle but the collective killed her?), maybe she wants to keep us from seeing something but is not entirely in control of the situation and is simultaneously trying to subvert it as best she can?

It would explain the raw MSPaint crappiness of the fake screens from earlier: Riltia is actively emdeavouring to make SURE we know she's messing with us and that we do something about it, but is unable or unwilling to let us just jump out of the situation or deal with it directly.

* Powder Miner affixes a tinfoil hat to his head
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:20:45 pm by Powder Miner »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21869 on: November 16, 2015, 10:20:15 pm »

* Fallacy affixes an aluminum cap to his head

Interesting theory. If only we could switch the Influx to Slog. But we can't, because he's Illborn.

Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 1544