Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899763 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: UNDERHIVE RAID
« Reply #21705 on: July 25, 2015, 03:55:23 pm »

has anyone considered that Ritlia might not be to blame for this? In the panel where Ciro's star is corrupted, she's busy stabbing one of the Suckers.

The only sapient being not acting in that panel is Cherish. The others are all occupied. We still don't know what Cherish's star does...

Anyone in favor of inputting some random values into the Catalyst and seeing what happens?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: July 25, 2015, 03:59:56 pm »

has anyone considered that Ritlia might not be to blame for this? In the panel where Ciro's star is corrupted, she's busy stabbing one of the Suckers.

The only sapient being not acting in that panel is Cherish. The others are all occupied. We still don't know what Cherish's star does...

Anyone in favor of inputting some random values into the Catalyst and seeing what happens?
It's been noted several times that this appears to be little more than an unreliable narrator...While Cherish *might* be to blame here, it doesn't seem worth inputting random coords and potentially causing something very bad to happen.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: July 25, 2015, 04:00:36 pm »

It's been noted several times that this appears to be little more than an unreliable narrator...While Cherish *might* be to blame here, it doesn't seem worth inputting random coords and potentially causing something very bad to happen.

DO ITTTTTTTT
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: July 25, 2015, 04:11:44 pm »

DO ITTTTTTTT
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: July 25, 2015, 04:14:29 pm »

That we're merely being "lied to" is certain, by now. The motive of Riltia's lying is what's worth worrying about.

If she wants to betray and kill us all, that's bad. Even if she turned on us right now, we'd be extremely lucky to escape without characters dying. If she turned on us in the middle of a tough combat, we'd be instantly doomed.

Remember, though, that Riltia herself tried to warn us that "no one is who you think they are". Hence for that reason I think her motives are not completely evil. She may have corrupt forces working on her, however - what with her "dream of great power" moment earlier - but even that may be her dissembling and somehow simply trying to present herself as evil.

Nobody ever found a way back up to DL1.
Clearly, we need to find the right square and then employ Magic Ladder Travel through the ceiling to get back up again!  :D

-1. We should try it, but not now - and not with random values. Let's not give FFS that cookie!

We need to get healed up. And we need prepare for the event that only the active party / only Cherish herself are transported.

Though have Ciro make a ranged weapon first and absorb the sword.
+1.

Also, have Cherish heal Riltia and Slog (who is in 1-hit-kill territory - well, with 4d4 attacks on the table, we all are, but especially Slog), put a Bulwark on Riltia, and, and... erm... give that tie to Al as well.

I want to see at least one more room of this hive before it becomes an impregnable fortress!

EDIT: Honestly... Why are we not giving each and every character mega-souped-up Bulwarks while abusing the SP fountain, each time before cheesing SP to super-maximum level?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:33:08 pm by Chris the OK »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: July 25, 2015, 04:27:51 pm »

Remember, though, that Riltia herself tried to warn us

Heck, she tried to warn us from switching to her in the first place. "Wait!"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: July 25, 2015, 04:28:31 pm »

That we're merely being "lied to" is certain, by now. The motive of Riltia's lying is what's worth worrying about.

If she wants to betray and kill us all, that's bad. Even if she turned on us right now, we'd be extremely lucky to escape without characters dying. If she turned on us in the middle of a tough combat, we'd be instantly doomed.

Remember, though, that Riltia herself tried to warn us that "no one is who you think they are". Hence for that reason I think her motives are not completely evil. She may have corrupt forces working on her, however - what with her "dream of great power" moment earlier - but even that may be her dissembling and somehow simply trying to present herself as evil.

Nobody ever found a way back up to DL1.
Clearly, we need to find the right square and then employ Magic Ladder Travel through the ceiling to get back up again!  :D

-1. We should try it, but not now - and not with random values. Let's not give FFS that cookie!

We need to get healed up. And we need prepare for the event that only the active party / only Cherish herself are transported.

+1.

Also, have Cherish heal Riltia and Slog (who is in 1-hit-kill territory - well, with 4d4 attacks on the table, we all are, but especially Slog), put a Bulwark on Riltia, and, and... erm... give that tie to Al as well.

I want to see at least one more room of this hive before it becomes an impregnable fortress!
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: July 25, 2015, 04:43:01 pm »

EDIT: Honestly... Why are we not giving each and every character mega-souped-up Bulwarks while abusing the SP fountain, each time before cheesing SP to super-maximum level?

okay i wasn't sure before but now i'm certain

i have to find some excuse to blow up that fountain

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: July 25, 2015, 04:45:27 pm »

... crud.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: July 25, 2015, 04:50:19 pm »

+1.

+1
This sounds like an actual plan. +1

PREEDIT:

okay i wasn't sure before but now i'm certain

i have to find some excuse to blow up that fountain
At first I thought Bulwarks had some sort of duration, but, looking back at it, it seems it does not. That seems a bit more OP than abusing fountains.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: July 25, 2015, 04:51:59 pm »

This is what happens when you get complacent, kids.
Remember, FFS is a real person and as such the game can be changed nearly at will by him (apart from narrative contraints), so try to keep quiet about it and perhaps PM others.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: July 25, 2015, 04:57:29 pm »

FFS, please don't blow up the fountain. Where else will we heal up after levels? Can you instead nerf the bullwarks by forcing them to instead take sp per turn to maintain? Or maybe instead give them a duration?

Blowing up the fountain will cause more problems other than nerfing the bullwarks.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: July 25, 2015, 05:01:35 pm »

FFS, please don't blow up the fountain. Where else will we heal up after levels? Can you instead nerf the bullwarks by forcing them to instead take sp per turn to maintain? Or maybe instead give them a duration?

Blowing up the fountain will cause more problems other than nerfing the bullwarks.

blowing up fountains is funnier but i will consider your proposals and have a full report at your desk by the weekend

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: July 25, 2015, 05:03:09 pm »

yeah ffs don't blow it up, just poison the water supply.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: July 25, 2015, 05:10:40 pm »

blowing up fountains is funnier but i will consider your proposals and have a full report at your desk by the weekend
Entire report:
"SCREW FOUNTAINS YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 1544