Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899856 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: UNDERHIVE RAID
« Reply #21690 on: July 25, 2015, 08:37:11 am »

Blast it, switch the Influx back to Proxxy.

While Rilitia is busy attacking.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

Details of the procedure: We should probably have Riltia charge forth while Al sticks Druid's Bulwark on her.

EDIT: Actually a bad idea if she turns nasty. Thoughts?

If there's a chance in hell she can cast Locking Glass on the escaping Outer Slicer, then have her do that instead of attacking.

As for our other characters... I really think we oughtta be able to slaughter all the Outer Suckers in one go if everybody makes a basic melee attack - but the penalty for failing, with so many low HP characters up close to them, would be quite severe. I'll make some thorough probability checks and post back here.

Also! How much longer can we float for? That decides everything.

Unfortunately, the Outer Slicer is too off-screen to hit at this point. You resort to attacking the other enemies.

(ZAP!: 1) Proxxy miscasts and sends a little jolt through Al and Slog. They look mildly annoyed but not really hurt. (Attack: 8+2 Position, 3+4) You stab the ceiling-sucker with your Very Big Spear, punching hole through its face. This is fun! The sucker drops to the ground near its still-alive-but-not-for-long ally. Ciro tries to use the Astral Influx, but it's still out of power. Booo!

(Icicle Fall: 20! CRITICAL HIT! (1+1+2+2)*2=12 damage!) Goom-bess overcasts Icicle Fall, summoning a colossal icicle and tearing the remaining Outer Sucker apart. Even the walls take some damage!

Ciro's Goom-bess rating has increased! Hey, but wait, didn't you 1HKO the other Outer Sucker? That scamp!

Now what? Venture further in or head elsewhere? You could probably sell those Outer Sucker corpses for Stream Rubies on the trip back.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:38:52 am by freeformschooler »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21691 on: July 25, 2015, 08:58:07 am »

Onward! to GLORY!

Though have Ciro make a ranged weapon first and absorb the sword.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21692 on: July 25, 2015, 10:32:15 am »

Oh no. Look at the Influx! AgHHH! It looks fine in the status, but when Ciro's holding it... dangit, Riltia's doing something.
The way I see it, we have two options to regain control:
1. Print a message to Proxxy's visor telling her what's going on and advising her to keep her soul star away from Riltia...
2. Use the Asynchrony Catalyst. We still don't know what it does, but now might be a good time to find out- and hopefully mess up Riltia's star mojo first.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21693 on: July 25, 2015, 10:57:44 am »

Onward! to GLORY!
Which way, up or to the right?

On the one hand, we should probably get out of here before reinforcements arrive. On the other hand, while the Outer Slicer is fleeing, we might have a chance to explore here that we might not get again, and we might even be able to catch up to the Outer Slicer and stop it. But then, on the third, secret deformed hand, we don't know how far away reinforcements are.

So, I guess, whatever we do, we need to move quickly.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21694 on: July 25, 2015, 11:11:29 am »

Oi! Look at the Influx in Ciro's hand! Something's wrong with it! We have a more immediate problem- Riltia's somehow corrupting the Soul Stars! She's corrupted half of them thus far.

Print to Proxxy's visor: "Beware of Riltia, she is corrupting the Soul Stars of the party."

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21695 on: July 25, 2015, 11:14:03 am »

I still don't believe she's doing it purposely.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21696 on: July 25, 2015, 11:18:33 am »

Maybe, maybe not. Either way Proxxy needs to know.

Or maybe, just maybe, she's not corrupting the stars at all, and that's just how she sees the stars.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21697 on: July 25, 2015, 11:55:55 am »

Or maybe, just maybe, she's not corrupting the stars at all, and that's just how she sees the stars.

They're either corrupted, or she's lying about them and they're lost for some reason. The Astral Influx became "corrupted" after our first attempt at changing characters, when Riltia knocked it out of Ciro's hands. I don't know what that might mean, besides that fact that she doesn't want us switching our perspective. (So, she either wants to keep us trapped, there's something she doesn't want us to know, or something else with those goals is manipulating her or her perspective/vision.)

As much as I hate to admit it, the only way we'll be switching away from Riltia is getting her killed off. If for some reason it is a complete necessity to see what on earth is going on, I guess we take the last resort and get her to commit suicide via denial of healing or just sending her into battle with no help from the rest of the party.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21698 on: July 25, 2015, 11:59:40 am »

Judging by FFS very nearly explicitly mentioning narrative gimmicks, I'd expect this is a narrative gimmick, and not something more sinister.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21699 on: July 25, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »

Let's see what happens when we second shift the Astral Influx. For that matter, second shift the Illborn Exchange also.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21700 on: July 25, 2015, 12:16:45 pm »

Let's see what happens when we second shift the Astral Influx. For that matter, second shift the Illborn Exchange also.
We'll probably just see a corrupted version of them.

Look, this whole Riltia corrupting Soul Stars thing is interesting, but it seems like we're not going to get any solid answers about it just dicking around with stuff. As it, right now it doesn't seem like she poses any immediate danger to us, where as the Outer Slicer and whatever backup it brings back do, so, I repeat:
whatever we do, we need to move quickly.
with an emphasis on moving, and not just sticking around here messing with Soul Stars.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21701 on: July 25, 2015, 02:58:11 pm »

Note that it's not just the star- Ciro herself is off-model, and you can see where Real Ciro has been clumsily scribbled out on the ladder. It's just lying and Unreliable Narrator, not soul-corruption.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21702 on: July 25, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »

Well this is awkward as hell.

Hey wasn't there a telepad on DL1? We should go see if we can find it.

That being said... there's a possibility that DL1 got shuffled while we were out.

THAT being said... I don't think we ever actually cleared that level. Proxxy was heading DL2, not dl1. I don't think we ever saw the boss of DL1... unless... holy fuck maybe RILTIA is the DL1 boss? I also just noticed that her current title is ???--tough to see given that her spear covers it up, but still. I'm really starting to doubt that this is a narrative gimmick, there's just way too much evidence to the contrary. DL1 might hold the answers here...

But can we risk letting the underhive bring in reinforcements? Or is it even possible to catch up to him, after a two-round head start. I think we might be better served heading up to DL1 and either trying to block the stairs, or just hope that they don't think to head up and/or get lost on the way. If we're going to mess with a large quantity of these things, I'd like to get some healing done.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21703 on: July 25, 2015, 03:47:52 pm »

Nobody ever found a way back up to DL1.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21704 on: July 25, 2015, 03:50:36 pm »

Hm. Unless Proxxy's hub can get us there...?

*checks the index

EDIT: It seems it might be able to! Proxxy's telehatch doesn't have a set list of locations, but is limited only by "areas that block portal creation", which may very well not include DL1. Outside of that, there's a checkpoint in the hub too. If Proxxy's visited a DL1 checkpoint that we haven't, that gets us in too even if DL1 blocks portals. When we get a chance we need to see if Proxxy will let us into her hub for telepurpoes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:54:02 pm by flame99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 1445 1446 [1447] 1448 1449 ... 1544