Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894498 times)

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: this is stupid
« Reply #20685 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:17 am »

Yeah, fine. Bottle some Solace, and feed it to FuzzyZergling.

+1
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20686 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:48 am »

+1 to all science.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: June 04, 2015, 04:23:33 am »

-1 To bottling.

Starfall is targeting Fuzzy. We don't want to be holding Fuzzy when that happens.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: June 04, 2015, 05:02:44 am »

-1 to feeding Solace to FuzzyZergling, even though it's basically a good idea.

I just don't think we have enough time to run to the pool, gather Solace, run back, then stuff Solace into FuzzyZergling's mouth before the Starfall smacks into him for (relatively) massive damage.

Our +3 Agility might help us with lot of things, but this isn't it. The Scan we did of Proxxy suggests that being able to move two range categories in a turn is a higher-level sort of ability, not available to us now.

My incredbly dull suggestion is to thwack FuzzyZergling with the Proxxy Coil while he's stunned and presumably vulnerable to attacks, use our Agility to get on the other side of him and with some good distance so as to escape the impact of Starfall, and leaving W. M. 27 between us and Lenglon so he can tank her attacks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:58:39 am by Chris the OK »

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: June 04, 2015, 05:12:51 am »

I completely misread the votes and thought you were all voting to put the Solace on Lenglon. Now I don't have a terrifyingly bad suggestion to rail against. Harumph!

FuzzyZergling is a bit out of sorts after that attack and will remain stunned until his next turn.

So, my interpretation of the stun effect is... FuzzyZergling has already missed one turn. He will remain stunned until his next turn, not on it, whereupon he will act. So if we choose not to attack him, that will not prevent him from taking another turn.

Is the stun a built-in effect of being hit with the Proxxy Coil, or one that only inflicts on a critical hit? The first case is amazing, the second means that the weapon is barely of relevance as a combat option.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:05:32 am by Chris the OK »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:46 am »

it's like smash bros up in here

((I shouldn't have forgotten to edit that out. sorry))

still want nothing to do with this stupidity. - and actually AM not going to respond to people acting stupid this time for the reasons I had intended to do the same before. I have something more important to deal with right now.

explicitly: Break the mental control/chains I'm currently under.

({BREAK} Roll: 6-10 Insanity Penalty) Lenglon can feel herself slipping back into the ether with each attempt. She's forced to watch "herself" attack some yellow stranger.

Yeah, fine. Bottle some Solace, and feed it to FuzzyZergling.

+1

You bottle some Solace. This is a full-turn action, but you may use the Solace next turn.

(Starfall: 16-2 Position, (4)*1.5=6, (1)*1.5=2) Worldmaster completely DESTROYS FuzzyZergling with the meteoric impact of Starfall! FuzzyZergling fades back into the ether. (Attack: 20! Critical hit! (3)*2=6!) Lenglon, having given up on dark magic, catches you off guard and knocks you on your back with a very well-placed tail slap. That one really hurt!

Spoiler: Active Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Party (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: June 04, 2015, 09:30:41 am »

Pour the Solace on Lenglon?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:50 am »

Oh no you dint. ZAP Lenglon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: June 04, 2015, 09:40:57 am »

"I hate this. hate it so much. Help! I'm having trouble controlling my own body! I just want to be myself, to explore and talk and BE! Can you help me? Please? I swear I don't want to fight you. If... If there's some way you could help me then I'll do whatever you want to pay you back. Just please, set me free!"
I attempt to open a dialogue, or at least to just not fade away. I'm so close... please... I want it so much... There's gotta be a way...

actually... no. no I don't. Pushing constantly like this is just making me fade away. I need to re-collect myself before making my next attempt. I gather myself and make myself ready to push again... without the penalties of constant pushing... on a later turn. maybe the next one? depends on how fast I recover.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:51:16 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: June 04, 2015, 10:41:24 am »

I attack Lenglon with my sword and attempt to draw their focus away from Proxxy.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: June 04, 2015, 10:48:09 am »

Oh no you dint. ZAP Lenglon.
Hasty -1. I want to unleash cataclysms of electricity as much as the next geezer, but we have a -10 on all spell-hit rolls, so with +3 Elec we need a 17, 18, 19 or 20 to hit.

Thwack Lenglon with the Proxxy Coil before she acts (hoping for the stun effect to proc again here), then use our Agility or in other words the secret technique of Walking to get as much range from her (with Worldmaster in-between) as possible.

EDIT: I don't know why I'm suddenly expecting blocking effects to work in this game, as I've seen no evidence of that up until to this post. If we switched to Tactical Combat it would, though. Hmmm...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:04:53 am by Chris the OK »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: June 04, 2015, 11:21:28 am »

Whack Lenglon with the Proxxy Coil.

You are too far gone for saving, Lenglon.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:38 am »

Oh right I forgot antimagic.

-1 ZAP, +1 Coil to da faic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:37 am »

Not a lot of choice here, going to have to agree with smacking Lenglon in the face with the coil.

Minus 10 for insanity?  I don't think you'll be breaking loose here.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: June 04, 2015, 11:24:06 am »

Now is the time for forcefeeding of potions!

Make Lenglon drink Seraph's Solace!

Thank the RNG we didn't need to fight the Star Knight as well.
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1544