Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897384 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 20k! Magnificent!
« Reply #20145 on: May 08, 2015, 10:27:28 pm »

Ask Proxxy if she recognizes this supposed trap design, scan it, disarm it logically. If that isn't possible, seduce it.
+1
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20146 on: May 08, 2015, 11:04:37 pm »

Ask Proxxy if she recognizes this supposed trap design, scan it, disarm it logically. If that isn't possible, seduce it.
+1
+1
Crack-a-lack-a

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20147 on: May 09, 2015, 05:44:44 am »

I'm rather disappointed nobody quoted my comments and panicked.
We're literally a dungeon boss. That makes us automatically better than everything else except other bosses.
Only when we go Willborn, though.
Or have wisps under our command.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20148 on: May 09, 2015, 07:27:57 am »

point ho. So... in conclusion, it's obviously a trap- unless the lack of a trap is the trap and the waterfall promptly fills the room.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chris the OK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20149 on: May 09, 2015, 09:00:04 am »

Obvious Trap, open chest menu, light menus and rune menus using the Ardent Circuit

Conditional +1: Proxxy should be able to tell us if the Ardent Circuit has a likelihood of triggering traps set in this way. If it has a habit of provoking highly dangerous and volatile mechanisms like this, I'd rather not touch it.

What I truly support is ignoring the chest entirely and moving delicately onto the next room (South!)

Also. We're on 12/15 HP. Take a quick therapeutic bath at some point? We also need to know more about our unshifted Soul Star before getting into any serious fights.

Quote from: Some bunch of maniacs.
Seduce the trap.

-1 to getting frisky with any item that embodies FFS's rabid hunger for player misery. Note that his thirst for player tears is supercharged if there's any chance the players might actually deserve it.

We're alone, we're weakened, and we're seriously low on escape options and survival tools. We're playing Warrens on True Roguelike mode, and not even the comfy middle part of a roguelike run where your encounters are more predictable and the challenge is mainly resource-based. This is the first part of some particularly savage roguelike where you're weak, on the run, and character success is highly uncertain. And the first rule of winning roguelikes is this: Never take an unnecessary risk.

EDIT: Sucks to -1 a good post though  ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:10:41 am by Chris the OK »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20150 on: May 09, 2015, 09:10:48 am »

point ho. So... in conclusion, it's obviously a trap- unless the lack of a trap is the trap and the waterfall promptly fills the room.
+1
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20151 on: May 09, 2015, 09:41:16 am »

+1 to... seduce the trap?
-1 to seduce the trap.

However, use the ardent circuit to look at the chest's menu to see if it is a trap.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20152 on: May 09, 2015, 09:53:37 am »

Also. We're on 12/15 HP. Take a quick therapeutic bath at some point? We also need to know more about our unshifted Soul Star before getting into any serious fights.
What's the worst that can happen from Proxxy taking a little bath in the Seraph's Solace? Hehehehe.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:09:34 pm by javierpwn »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20153 on: May 09, 2015, 03:34:26 pm »

... what's seraph's embrace? I know what seraph's solace is, but seraph's embrace? Also this makes me wonder if dungeon level 8 is going to be full of Seraph's Liquids

Hold the orb in your hand and smash it into his chest

You feel this would be an unbelievably game-changing action. Are you sure you wish to proceed with it?

Just looked back. Found this. Any thoughts now that we have more knowledge about such things? He=betweenford.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:44:25 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20154 on: May 09, 2015, 04:09:20 pm »

... what's seraph's embrace? I know what seraph's solace is, but seraph's embrace? Also this makes me wonder if dungeon level 8 is going to be full of Seraph's Liquids

Hold the orb in your hand and smash it into his chest

You feel this would be an unbelievably game-changing action. Are you sure you wish to proceed with it?

Just looked back. Found this. Any thoughts now that we have more knowledge about such things? He=betweenford.
I meant Solace. not Embrace.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20155 on: May 09, 2015, 04:17:56 pm »

Isn't solace what removes the soul star from someone who has not lost it yet? I think bad things would happen to Proxxy if we tried that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20156 on: May 09, 2015, 04:51:07 pm »

You know we don't have to open the chest or stay in this room. We could just leave the room and continue on our way. There'll be loads of opportunities to get loot later that aren't guarded by derm-created traps.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20157 on: May 09, 2015, 05:14:31 pm »

Isn't solace what removes the soul star from someone who has not lost it yet? I think bad things would happen to Proxxy if we tried that.
It separates connections and thus is able to be the most likely cause of separating the Binding from the Essence in Soul Stars. Unless they just break apart like a stone when people "fall" into the Warrens.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20158 on: May 09, 2015, 05:16:36 pm »

and I just realized something. You know that Level Up potion gave Riltia a Soul Level? That's how we improve Soul Stars- by using Level Up potions or the equivalent. That's how we could get the bonfire looking thing for the Astral Influx.

And another thing: why have we not checked the main menu yet? Open main menu, see what's changed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:24:21 pm by FallacyofUrist »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20159 on: May 09, 2015, 05:34:41 pm »

and I just realized something. You know that Level Up potion gave Riltia a Soul Level? That's how we improve Soul Stars- by using Level Up potions or the equivalent. That's how we could get the bonfire looking thing for the Astral Influx.

And another thing: why have we not checked the main menu yet? Open main menu, see what's changed.
Well, we never gave Ciro a level up potion. Ciro got the Flame growing after he died. We have also already opened the Main Menu.
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 1544