Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3899021 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: DL3.2
« Reply #19800 on: April 28, 2015, 12:45:05 pm »

Speaking of Floe being called down to repair Underside...

Considering he wanted to talk to Al when we met him, I presume that Al's entrance is the breach to which he refers? Makes me wonder if that's what he told Ecco, who told Floe, who invited Al and Cherish to a frou frou party except with less frou frou and more murderbots.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: April 28, 2015, 01:03:03 pm »

Speaking of Floe being called down to repair Underside...

Considering he wanted to talk to Al when we met him, I presume that Al's entrance is the breach to which he refers? Makes me wonder if that's what he told Ecco, who told Floe, who invited Al and Cherish to a frou frou party except with less frou frou and more murderbots.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: April 28, 2015, 01:13:11 pm »

That just raises further questions! What the heck would Cain know about Riltia's breach? He literally doesn't know anything about Riltia herself, so it would have to be something else.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: April 28, 2015, 01:18:17 pm »

That just raises further questions! What the heck would Cain know about Riltia's breach? He literally doesn't know anything about Riltia herself, so it would have to be something else.

Cain is a liar about the intel

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: April 28, 2015, 01:48:01 pm »

Nah, Cain's just jerking her chain. He knows something, or at the very least Floe has reason to believe he would know something and it's important enough to ask him about. Floe knows enough about his circumstances to know he wouldn't know about Riltia, so whatever she thinks he might know about the breach must be something other than that.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: April 28, 2015, 03:01:48 pm »

You know, I say go to cain and just ask him questions, no need to release him
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: April 28, 2015, 03:54:53 pm »

Going straight to him would require finding him first.

since we know we can reset the DL by leaving it for a while, let's see if we can farm it for loot
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: April 28, 2015, 04:28:52 pm »

since we know we can reset the DL by leaving it for a while, let's see if we can farm it for loot
Remember though, every time a dungeon is reset, the difficulty of it gets harder.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: April 28, 2015, 04:57:55 pm »

Yeah, no farming. You know... since there are at least 8 dungeon levels, and only 6 Siblings plus Oric... we have a level that is assigned to a non-Sibling.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: April 28, 2015, 05:05:45 pm »

Yeah, no farming. You know... since there are at least 8 dungeon levels, and only 6 Siblings plus Oric... we have a level that is assigned to a non-Sibling.
I would place bets on one either belonging to or dedicated solely to containing the Last Seraphim.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: April 28, 2015, 05:25:45 pm »

Sounds likely... wouldn't be surprised if that was 7 or 8 (8 because Oric's on 7 to block you from getting down further, 7 because Oric wants a meatshield or there is a plot reason we have to meet the Seraphim before fighting Oric)

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: April 28, 2015, 05:36:14 pm »

Remember though, every time a dungeon is reset, the difficulty of it gets harder.

I'm willing to bet that's exactly the mechanic in place. If dungeons randomize about the rate we descend in the dungeon, and if they get harder at about the rate the main D gets harder, then re-exploring D3 is basically just extra walking on whatever D we're on.

Quite frankly, it seems like walking around dungeons isn't as good for loot as side areas like Underside anyway. One more reason we should maybe restore the air supply!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: April 28, 2015, 05:37:32 pm »

I'm willing to bet that's exactly the mechanic in place. If dungeons randomize about the rate we descend in the dungeon, and if they get harder at about the rate the main D gets harder, then re-exploring D3 is basically just extra walking on whatever D we're on.

Quite frankly, it seems like walking around dungeons isn't as good for loot as side areas like Underside anyway. One more reason we should maybe restore the air supply!

Force all the underside residents to take a bath in DL3.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: April 28, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »

I would place bets on one either belonging to or dedicated solely to containing the Last Seraphim.
DL8 is pseudo-confirmed as belonging to the Last Seraphim. We don't know it, exactly, but it's pretty much certain unless we've been deliberately misled.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: April 28, 2015, 06:28:51 pm »

... there's a teleport from dungeon level 3 to 8... hold on... I think dungeon level 8 is a level devoted to imprisonment. If we can get through walls, we can dig through 8's walls after teleporting there from 3 and complete the game before even fighting Oric.

Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1544