Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901903 times)

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: TWotWoOtAoOtA
« Reply #18450 on: January 31, 2015, 08:05:39 pm »

Remeber how the Oversoul can take life with just one time wrought eye?
Imagine what it could do if it's power just was a bit more of mass destruction.
Kick the Astral Influx for a MADman's insurance! Threathen to raze the Warrens in your dying breath! MADness is never out of style!
+1
Changing my vote to this +1
Lemme change my +1, this idea is golden.
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: January 31, 2015, 08:16:51 pm »

Kick the Astral Influx for a MADman's insurance! Threathen to raze the Warrens in your dying breath! MADness is never out of style!
+1
Lemme change my +1, this idea is golden.
+1

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: January 31, 2015, 08:32:41 pm »

why
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: January 31, 2015, 08:57:16 pm »

+1

Changing vote, +1

Edit: Why? To be brutally honest, I'm thinking that turning a thing as powerful as the  Astral Index will destroy the Warrens, or at least the Dungeon level.

The Alternative is to kick Oric, Ciro, Proxxy, or another Sibling. The likelyhood of seeing and kicking Oric in time is LOW, and I'd rather not kick our Main Charecter or a potential Ally, they might go Nuclear and probably wouldn't appreciate being kicked.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:04:15 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: January 31, 2015, 09:11:39 pm »

The One and Only LOFACE™®©: you kick the astral influx but it detonates in an alternate universe
The One and Only LOFACE™®©: you kick the fountain pence but you detonate instead
Dermonster: alterna Ciro steps out of the rift and slaps you, before returning in a cloud of bonemeal
The One and Only LOFACE™®©: you kick goombess and nothing happens, but you lose your bro attack
Dermonster: noooo
The One and Only LOFACE™®©: you could say your goombess rating was
The One and Only LOFACE™®©: mass destroyed
Dermonster: god dammit that wasnt even good

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: January 31, 2015, 09:13:27 pm »

Your jokes are terrible and the fact that I laugh should not prevent you from feeling terrible about it.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: January 31, 2015, 09:26:32 pm »

+1

Changing vote, +1

Edit: Why? To be brutally honest, I'm thinking that turning a thing as powerful as the  Astral Index will destroy the Warrens, or at least the Dungeon level.

The Alternative is to kick Oric, Ciro, Proxxy, or another Sibling. The likelyhood of seeing and kicking Oric in time is LOW, and I'd rather not kick our Main Charecter or a potential Ally, they might go Nuclear and probably wouldn't appreciate being kicked.
...So if you're so wary about kicking an ally, WHY ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH TURNING OUR SOUL INTO A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION, LIKELY LOSING IT FOREVER AND PROBABLY TURNING US INTO A HIDEOUS ABOMINATION RESULTING IN BADEND?!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: January 31, 2015, 09:32:42 pm »

+1 to kicking the Astral Influx, because I want to see what happens when a Soul Star is destroyed. I have a feeling it'll either fail or not break, though.

...Maybe the perspective will shift to the wall, DL4, or Ciro's foot.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: January 31, 2015, 09:35:21 pm »

it just dont stop do it

Al get down from there. Crio Ping the monster again so Al can actually try to absorb it from the ground.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: January 31, 2015, 09:39:41 pm »

+1

Changing vote, +1

...So if you're so wary about kicking an ally, WHY ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH TURNING OUR SOUL INTO A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION, LIKELY LOSING IT FOREVER AND PROBABLY TURNING US INTO A HIDEOUS ABOMINATION RESULTING IN BADEND?!

Because in this verse it's possible to survive without a soul, which means it's (theoretically) reversible. In my mind, the Pros outweigh the Cons by a hair,
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: January 31, 2015, 09:40:39 pm »

Al should probably let someone else try to capture it. Somebody else can use the Soul Star for a bit, right?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: January 31, 2015, 10:11:05 pm »

-egyptiansnip-
  Because in this verse it's possible to survive without a soul, which means it's (theoretically) reversible. In my mind, the Pros outweigh the Cons by a hair,
While it is possible to survive without a soul, this would appear to have three possible results:

A) Ciro becomes a largely mindless husk of a person, akin to the Underside villagers
B) Ciro becomes a monster that will probably try to kill our party members
C) Ciro becomes a massive eldritch abomination that will almost certainly consume our party members, who may or may not be able to defend themselves in a Soul Duel.

Also, at no point have we found any method of creating a soul, or repairing one whose star has been totally destroyed. The closest we've come is resurrecting the body in the LSS and recharging Riltia's soul, in which scenario it wasn't actually broken, just corrupted, and we still had to be in OVERSOUL (Which the other characters could very well be incapable of entering!) in order to do so.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: January 31, 2015, 10:13:50 pm »

guys, the last creature that had it's soul/soulstar destroyed stopped existing. don't you guys remember the yaos purification?

the underside villagers don't have a soul star, but they have their essences, which make them still have their form as an illborn.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »

guys, the last creature that had it's soul/soulstar destroyed stopped existing. don't you guys remember the yaos purification?

the underside villagers don't have a soul star, but they have their essences, which make them still have their form as an illborn.
They came from outside of the cycle, though. I refuse to believe that over all the cycles, none of the Siblings have attempted to destroy their Soul Stars.

Either they're indestructible, or there's a way to make a new one.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: January 31, 2015, 10:26:10 pm »

They came from outside of the cycle, though. I refuse to believe that over all the cycles, none of the Siblings have attempted to destroy their Soul Stars.

Either they're indestructible, or there's a way to make a new one.
Or maybe the souls are reset. Or maybe no sibling would normally even think to aside from those in aberrant cycles. Or maybe most siblings don't even have access to their soul stars. Or maybe the soul stars don't manifest outside of aberrant cycles.

Destroying something that very directly affects our physical being and may be vital to our existence as a non-monster is a Bad Idea™.

Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1544